Football Lights

DBCSFan

The biggest problem would be to get the height in all areas of the field which means you need 50 to 100 ft poles which will have to be secured properly (or rent 4 cranes). The setup time would be significant to ensure coverage. I am shooting from the hip but with generators etc you could well be into a few thousand dollars each game if such a service existed. I am not aware of any company that offers this service.

The biggest problem would be to get the height in all areas of the field which means you need 50 to 100 ft poles which will have to be secured properly (or rent 4 cranes). The setup time would be significant to ensure coverage. I am shooting from the hip but with generators etc you could well be into a few thousand dollars each game if such a service existed. I am not aware of any company that offers this service.

I've been scouting lots of fields, and seems like 4 sets of lights would be sufficient. Crazy idea maybe, but I've seen those lights on interstates in Atlanta at night for the road crews that work at night. They definitely put out some light. Anyway, thanks for the input.

I've been scouting lots of fields, and seems like 4 sets of lights would be sufficient. Crazy idea maybe, but I've seen those lights on interstates in Atlanta at night for the road crews that work at night. They definitely put out some light. Anyway, thanks for the input.

A cheaper and easier option would be to rent a field. Before we built our stadium, we played our Friday games at a local Public Middle School Field. As they usually play their games on Thursday nights, it worked out great. They got some extra revenue and we got the Friday Night Lights atmosphere. I think we were there for about 6 years.

After Station Camp High School was hit by the tornado last year that took out our lights on the football field, we had lights on trailers that had generators on each trailer. I have no idea what the cost was. You could contact our athletic director and he could probably tell you. 615-451-6551 ask for Mike Hayes. We used those most of the season until right before the playoffs.

Let's face it, nobody likes to play Friday afternoon games or Saturday games in High School. Does anyone know what the options are to renting football field lights, say that run on generators? Is there such a thing? If so, any help would be appreciated.

Contact Musco Sportslighting & talk to one of their representatives. They do permanent & temporary type fixtures.

They can also provide lighting design studies for your particular field/stadium. I don't know what your budget is, but if all possible get the best lighting that you possibly can; you'll be glad later that you did!