Riverdale vs. Siegel

siegelplayer4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also think 3-1. no matter how good any defense is, becca isn't shut down. but riverdale's defense is rather weak, so 3 goals to siegel.

Riverdales defense was a big reason they won tonight and Cheryl was great in goal. Shutting Becca down is not as easy as some board members seem to think and we saw that tonight also. Hopefully this will stop some of the banter that Riverdale doesn't play a tough enough schedule to compete with the best of the best. I also hope Anna Grace and Sydney are going to be OK with their injuries.

Riverdales defense was a big reason they won tonight and Cheryl was great in goal. Shutting Becca down is not as easy as some board members seem to think and we saw that tonight also. Hopefully this will stop some of the banter that Riverdale doesn't play a tough enough schedule to compete with the best of the best. I also hope Anna Grace and Sydney are going to be OK with their injuries.

They were without one of there best centermids and all-district defender. Anna only played the first 15 min. You do realize that riverdale got nothing when she was in? Then the stars got scored on twice on the freshman keeper? I truly believe that if Siegel has their full team playing it would have been a much better game.

They were without one of there best centermids and all-district defender. Anna only played the first 15 min. You do realize that riverdale got nothing when she was in? Then the stars got scored on twice on the freshman keeper? I truly believe that if Siegel has their full team playing it would have been a much better game.

Riverdale didn't score the whole first half, so your comment about only playing the first 15 minutes doesn't hold water. Obviously your defenders did a good job in the first half without Anna. Are you saying your other defenders are not good. They play 40 minutes in the half, not 15. Just chalk it up as a loss and move on.

Maybe Coach Arman made some adjustments at half who knows. It was a good game, and very competetive, two players don't make the team.

Seems to me you are pulling a Hope Solo and saying your freshman keeper wasn't good enough and if a senior would have been in there they would have stopped it. Those first two goals were pretty amazing goals and it was done with very little space. Give Riverdale credit!

I absolutely agree that if Siegel had all their players available the outcome may have been different. The injury to Anna Grace was unfortunate. I have heard the reason the centermid and another were not available for the game and that also was unfortunate. But last night Riverdale and Siegel each fielded a team, and on this night Riverdale was the better of the two. Its still possible that the two could meet twice more this year, so lets move on.

Riverdale didn't score the whole first half, so your comment about only playing the first 15 minutes doesn't hold water. Obviously your defenders did a good job in the first half without Anna. Are you saying your other defenders are not good. They play 40 minutes in the half, not 15. Just chalk it up as a loss and move on.

Maybe Coach Arman made some adjustments at half who knows. It was a good game, and very competetive, two players don't make the team.

Seems to me you are pulling a Hope Solo and saying your freshman keeper wasn't good enough and if a senior would have been in there they would have stopped it. Those first two goals were pretty amazing goals and it was done with very little space. Give Riverdale credit!

Did I say my defenders didn't do a decent job? No. Therefore you are putting words in my mouth. I also said nothing about sydney stopping the goals where clair did not. Perhaps you should go back and read my post again.

Mr.300, care to enlighten us on the centermid situation?

Did I say my defenders didn't do a decent job? No. Therefore you are putting words in my mouth. I also said nothing about sydney stopping the goals where clair did not. Perhaps you should go back and read my post again.

Mr.300, care to enlighten us on the centermid situation?

Here's your quote "Then the stars got scored on twice on the freshman keeper?" It seemed to me, you implied that because a freshman keeper was in the net, they scored or why even say anything about a freshman keeper.

Before that you said, "Anna only played the first 15 min. You do realize that riverdale got nothing when she was in?

Meaning to me, and other people can comment on this, that if Anna had been in there the whole time, they wouldn't of scored, why put that Anna only played 15 minutes and ask us to realize why she wasn't in there no one scored.

That's just my interpretation, I sure would like to get other interpretations. Thanks for clarifying.

My point is, your defenders did a good job without Anna, you should have pointed out how well your other defenders played in the first half, but you made excuses about how other players weren't there so that's why Siegle didn't play well or would have played a better game. You are downing your other players, not me. Just my opinion though.

just adding my two cents. great game played by both teams, it was intense for those in the stands. however, while anna grace was in, becca was completely shut down. after anna grace came out, becca started having several more opportunities than i thought she would have been given had anna grace been in. also, with winn having to play centermid, she wasn't able to be put in as many scoring opportunities as she might have been.

but again, congrats to a hard fought game by the riverdale warriors.

Smith's hat trick lifts Riverdale past Siegel, 4-2

By ROGER GARFIELD

rgarfield@dnj.com

Riverdale junior Becca Smith scored three goals to push the Lady Warriors past Siegel Wednesday night, 4-2, and secure the District 7-AAA regular season championship.

Smith scored in the first and fourth minutes of the second half after a goal from Lady Star senior Brittney Winn had given Siegel a 1-0 halftime lead.

Smith scored again in the 28th minute, and it ended up being an important insurance goal.

Siegel freshman Kayla Ernst scored late in the game to cut the lead to 3-2, but a stoppage-time goal from Lady Warrior sophomore Kirstin Williams secured the win.

It was Ali Arman's first regular season district title as Riverdale coach, and it earned the Lady Warriors a No. 1 seed in next week's district tournament.

For expanded coverage, see Thursday's print edition of The Daily News Journal

I know this story isn't from you but I remember Ali winning a district title in 2000 I believe the year before Blackman came into District 7.