region 1 1a

pujo

How does everyone think this is going to come down. I think I know 1st, but the rest has me puzzled. I wouldn't bet on anything at this point. After watching Grace the other night ,I don't think anyone in the region can stop thier offense ,but I'm not sure they can stop anyone elses either. This is going to get interesting. I don't see a team that don't still have a shot. Cosby is in the toughest position.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last few weeks should be fun, we helped ourselves a little the Friday night and hopefully we can keep it going. With that said we have a HUGE challenge this week with Rutledge coming to town and we can't look forward right now. As far as the playoffs go I think it will come down to the last week to see who does what. I don't know if anybody from Cosby will visit this thread, but if they do I would like to thank them for EVERTHING they have done for me and my wife, if you have not heard Sam was born Thursday and weighed 9lbs 7ozs and was 21.25 inches long, again THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Coach Johnny Yoakum and family

THE Cosby Eagles Football progarm

The last few weeks should be fun, we helped ourselves a little the Friday night and hopefully we can keep it going. With that said we have a HUGE challenge this week with Rutledge coming to town and we can't look forward right now. As far as the playoffs go I think it will come down to the last week to see who does what. I don't know if anybody from Cosby will visit this thread, but if they do I would like to thank them for EVERTHING they have done for me and my wife, if you have not heard Sam was born Thursday and weighed 9lbs 7ozs and was 21.25 inches long, again THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Coach Johnny Yoakum and family

THE Cosby Eagles Football progarm

Congrats Coach, sounds like ole Sam might make a pretty good football player.

Thanks! We'll see I might make him play golf.(LOL) If I do that then I won't have to coach him, I can only imagine how hard it will be to coach my own flesh and blood, but at the same time it should be just as fun as it would be hard.

Trust me ,its hard as heck to Coach you're own. I've been doing it for 6 or 7 years. I've got two boy's and its about time to turn the older one over to other people and nearly time to start coaching the little one. Its still alot of fun ,but for me ,its very stressful.

Trust me ,its hard as heck to Coach you're own. I've been doing it for 6 or 7 years. I've got two boy's and its about time to turn the older one over to other people and nearly time to start coaching the little one. Its still alot of fun ,but for me ,its very stressful.

I'd say it will be stressful for me as well, my personality is very excitable! I am already nervous and he is only about 5 days old!

grats Bigblue...

The last time this thread went around I had:

1- Hampton

2- Unaka (or cloudland)

3- Cloudland (or Unaka)

4- Grace

I mentioned that Grace had a chance to be the team to beat in a year or 2, that might be earlier than expected, short of not having enough to beat Hampton, they are getting better quickly, that coupled with Unaka's inability to have sustained offense, I flipped those 2.. and in an ironic twist Unaka fans will be pulling for cloudland to beat grace and jellico both to slip in there (Unaka still has to take care of Jellico tho, and that might not happen, otherwise jellico could get that 4rth spot). So now I'm ranking them:

1- Hampton

2- Grace

3- Cloudland

4- Unaka (or Jellico)

Talk about a big game for Jellico and Cloudland. This weekend is Jellico's homecoming, a chance for a 2nd region win, assurance of a winning record, and momentum going into the Grace game. We'll see how those young fellas handle the pressure. Cloudland, I am sure, is fueled by last years loss on their home field and I believe it was their homecoming. My opinion is that whoever wins this one goes to the playoffs and may possibly take the #2 spot. Spread vs Spread, QB vs QB, this will be a good one.

Copied from the Elizabethton Star:

Prayers requested for Carpenter

I learned today that former Unaka High School standout Michael Carpenter has been diagnosed with cancer. Carpenter was an outstanding football and baseball player last season for the Rangers. Michael told me by telephone on Monday that the doctors feel like this type of cancer can be treated but he'll know more after his doctor's appointment on Tuesday. He was often the smallest player on the field with the biggest heart. Numerous times, "Carp" came up with giant performances.

Please remember to lift up Michael and his family in your prayers.

I learned today that former Unaka High School standout Michael Carpenter has been diagnosed with cancer. Carpenter was an outstanding football and baseball player last season for the Rangers. Michael told me by telephone on Monday that the doctors feel like this type of cancer can be treated but he'll know more after his doctor's appointment on Tuesday. He was often the smallest player on the field with the biggest heart. Numerous times, "Carp" came up with giant performances.

Hate to hear that about any young man, the Cosby family will certainly send his name up the big man to remember in our after practice prayer today.

Coach Yoakum

i'm praying for michael. i know him, he is a good kid. i hate to hear this.