Team Web Sites

tnknights

That is a great site.

Just curious, are you a parent, faculty, fan, or what?

Very professional site, I might like to ask you some tips later. What do the coaches think about it? I've thought about starting one for my daughter's team, but I'm afraid her coach doesn't want to put a lot of info out there for other teams.

That is a great site.

Just curious, are you a parent, faculty, fan, or what?

Very professional site, I might like to ask you some tips later. What do the coaches think about it? I've thought about starting one for my daughter's team, but I'm afraid her coach doesn't want to put a lot of info out there for other teams.

I work for the school system.

In other sites I've been involved with, some coaches want every detail on the site. Others, barely want a roster. Afraid of scouting. Teams trade video anyway, so rosters and such aren't giving anything away. I'm not sure I'd want to contain every detail and tendency on the team, but point totals may not be bad.

I'll wait and see what our coach wants on the site as far as stats.

I really like that website. I wish more schools had full timeoperated websites. I would love to be able to go to a website to look up rosters of unknown teams, stats to know who to watch, and in-sight on my favorite players male and female.

How did you develop this website? Was it a pre-formed site, did you pay (if so, how much)?

I would like to talk to some of the coaches in my area about websites. Please let me know where, how and any details about the website.

I really like that website. I wish more schools had full timeoperated websites. I would love to be able to go to a website to look up rosters of unknown teams, stats to know who to watch, and in-sight on my favorite players male and female.

How did you develop this website? Was it a pre-formed site, did you pay (if so, how much)?

I would like to talk to some of the coaches in my area about websites. Please let me know where, how and any details about the website.

I use Joomla. It is a FREE webserver that is hosted on a server that must be able to host MySQL and PHP, also FREE. I do belong to a club that sells templates for Joomla but there are FREE templates out there.

Once the Joomla site is setup, it's as easy as submitting a Word document. It did take a bit to get everything where I wanted it, but now most of it is automated. Articles published on the front page can come and go by schedule. The same with the "Today's Game" and the "Next Game" modules.

There are hosts out there that specialize in Joomla. Some are VERY reasonable. I pay about $10 a month but I have several sites and more storage space than I'll ever need.