DII Regional Play

cp7

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eurosportscoreboard.com still has the D2 stuff all out of whack. It's frustrating. I have sent an email but perhaps if a few more jump on the bandwagon something will happen. I feel completely lost when I am trying to figure out what is going on with this classification (East and Middle were combined into one region, but they still play a separate tournament with GPS, Webb, and Baylor playing one another while the middle TN schools do the same to figure out the seeding for a "sub-state tournament").... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And I live in East Tn. So, don't even ask me about the West region. I have no clue.

Here is how it looks for Saturday 10/27, someone from the west said that their bracket will finish Tuesday evening.

BGA vs Fr.Ryan @BGA

Baylor vs Winner of Hutchison/St.Benedict @Baylor

BA vs Loser of ECS/St. Agnes in Memphis

GPS vs Winner of ECS/St. Agnes in Memphis

I guess the times will be worked out when all of the slots have been filled.

4 winners go to Chattanooga for state, 4 losers are done. I have no idea how they will determine who plays who in the final 4.

Here is how it looks for Saturday 10/27, someone from the west said that their bracket will finish Tuesday evening.

BGA vs Fr.Ryan @BGA

Baylor vs Winner of Hutchison/St.Benedict @Baylor

BA vs Loser of ECS/St. Agnes in Memphis

GPS vs Winner of ECS/St. Agnes in Memphis

I guess the times will be worked out when all of the slots have been filled.

4 winners go to Chattanooga for state, 4 losers are done. I have no idea how they will determine who plays who in the final 4.

Looks like a whole lot of drivin' going on....

Thank you Dog.

Any predictions? We played St. Agnes in the state semis last year and that was the best high school team that I have ever seen. Is the weather going to clear up in time for the games?

Predictions: Hutch will win consolation and get kicked all the way back home by Baylor.

ECS - SAA--should be a great game for the two of them. Pretty even. SAA had nine girls injured at the end of the season. We played Collierville with numerous injuries, but the girls gave 100 plus % and almost pulled off a victory. A tie was a win for SAA. The first game with ECS was a tie and SAA had to come back to get that. That was the 2nd game of the year and hard to project who is stronger now. The tough part for both will be getting through "substate". The title is there for the taking, I believe, and would not count anyone out as of this moment.

Yes last years team was the best. We will be missing 11 girls that played in that game tomorrow night, if that's any indication of what a challenge the girls have had. BUT, the girls on this years team (minus the returning stars) are the ones that played with and against that team everyday for at least two years, plus great freshmen, so how can you not be optimistic.

Weather: Today PC with drizzle - high 56 - low tonight 42

Tomorrow Sunny - high 53 - low 42 - wind E 5 to 10 - Fields runs N & S.

Braircrest is a great site and the pitch may be damp, but it will be good.

Good luck to you and all who make it to ChooChoo!!!!!!!!

Guest TheChosenOne

Weather was terrible...rain, rain, more rain, cold, cold, then colder

Hutchison beats St. Benedict 2-0 for 3rd place

St. Agnes beats ECS 3-0 in Championship

Sub-State Matches for Sat

Hutchison @ Baylor

Brentwood Acad @ ECS

GPS @ St. Agnes

Weather was terrible...rain, rain, more rain, cold, cold, then colder

Hutchison beats St. Benedict 2-0 for 3rd place

St. Agnes beats ECS 3-0 in Championship

Sub-State Matches for Sat

Hutchison @ Baylor

Brentwood Acad @ ECS

GPS @ St. Agnes

Thanks for reporting the results..............had to go "live in the past", so was a little late getting on line. FIFTH Championship in a row for SAA. Could that be a record???