Hillwood 44point loss perplexing...

nrgrizzlies

Why would you hire some "old fart" that has never been deep (semi-final or finals) in the playoffs for the Cane Ridge football position? If the school has that many good athletes go out and hire the best man possible even if you have to go out of state.

Great post, I agree 100%. Don't be to hard on McNine for liking his old coaches. Thanks McNine. cbg,who would you hire? Should the search go as far as south Florida?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavergne is REALLY GOOD. McGavock and Gallatin are mediocre at best. Give Lavergne some credit. Quite frankly Hunters Lane is better than Hillwood.

Hillwood is better than last yr though. I think Mose is doing good things there.

Give LHS credit? I've been at all of their games except 2 the last 3 years (see my signiture line below - when I use it - is a photo of the school). Nobody gives them more credit (and sometimes constructive comments) than me. That's where my kids go. But back in the day, I grew up in west Nashville and went to Hillwood. The fact that they (Hillwood) played pretty hard and never stopped playing when I was at the HHS-LHS game made it easier to sit there and pull against my old school. (not an easy thing to do)

That's why I am still concerned about Hillwood...if Hunters Lane is SO MUCH better then McGavock, they didn't prove it on the field. Didn't Antioch beat them as well (?) The concern is this: can they (Hillwood) keep playing hard no matter what happened the previous week? They're not going to get off the schnide (sp?) even against Glencliff if they don't bring it every time out.

I really hope they can get a win or 2 before the season is over.

And of course...

We (HL) had no turnovers. The games where we struggled, we turned the ball over.

Hillwood had several turnovers and they went for it on 4th down in the first quarter on their own 20 and we stopped them. This led to our second touchdown. They also tried a fake punt which failed.

Hillwood has improved, though. Especially in sportsmanship.