7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda figured they had a good team. D 8 plays mean girls B ball. I'm anxious to see how Cookeville stacks up with these teams.

I WOULD not count Siegel out for the region. Siegel has a very skilled three point shooting and basketball savvy guard in Faulkner...a dynamite ball handler and shooter in Wright...I believe that our region will be as unpredictable as our district has been. We will see Siegel emerge as the team begins to get healthy and learn to play together. DO NOT COUNT THEM OUT!!!

I WOULD not count Siegel out for the region. Siegel has a very skilled three point shooting and basketball savvy guard in Faulkner...a dynamite ball handler and shooter in Wright...I believe that our region will be as unpredictable as our district has been. We will see Siegel emerge as the team begins to get healthy and learn to play together. DO NOT COUNT THEM OUT!!!

I think you're right to not count out Siegel. I've not seen any of the 8AA teams other than Manchester but I think D7 better pack a lunch this year. I say 2 8AAA teams end up in the finals of the region.

Cookeville has to be considered a real threat to advance past the region. After losing their first 2 district games they have ripped off the next 8 by 20+ seven times and the lone exception was by 15. Right now they are clearly the cream of the crop in 7-AAA, but I think Siegel, with everyone healthy, could possibly give them a challege and do well in the Region 4-AAA tournament as well. I think their guard play with Faulkner and Cason is excellent even when Wright is out of the line-up. They are just that much better with her back.

Coach Odem has done a very good job at Cookeville and has a very good team, not very deep but deep enough. They seem to be on a roll now after losing two early which this poster is sure shook her and the whole team. Quite unexpected. The strength is her defense and since this is a tall team, her rebounding. She is beginning to now get some outside shooting which she was missing for some time and some backup guard play sure has helped. Unless they start believing that they cannot get beat, it looks as if this teamis the team to beat although Riverdale is still the State Champion for AAA and will have to be beaten

Siegel has lost a number of games but if someone could just outline what Alan Bush has had to go thru and still have a winning record, it is quite a feat. For a while, every game had its own senorio that had to be overcome, especially with a group of young players, a lot of which had played AAU but all who had to find a way to play together and understand their roles. It's later in the season and a myrid of injuries are now getting some better. Coach Bush is a Pro and understands the defensive side of the ball as good as anyone. Coach Seals, his asst., ably conducts business in a lot of ways with the team. Just maybe this team will jell toward the end and momentum will carry it to the regional.

The same goes for Riverdale which has had a great season and is looking to come on at the end and go back to state. it appears that this season has been one of the most challenging Coach Bert has coached on a team that had a lot of holes to fill and he masterfully created role players to fill the need of the team and they are where they are.

Lebanon High school is getting well also and will be tough for the District. Look for them to come on tward District time.

Looking at the 7AAA schedule for the rest of the season, riverdale plays Shelbyville the last game. it is admirable for Shelbyville to play some of the best teams in 7 and 9 in the last of the season each year. they seem to take in all comers.

Hold on to your seats everyone THE SWAMI HAS ARRIVED !!! The swami sees the games of tues. Jan.29th going like this : Warren County goes to Riverdale and will find themselves chasing after the Riverdale ladies layups all game. Riverdale wins this one by 25. Lebanon will go into Sparta and get the win in a close hard fought game. Lebanon by 4. Cookeville will play at Oakland and the coach for Cookeville will decide how much to run the score up on a completely outmanned Oakland team. Cookeville by 33. Blackman goes into Siegel and comes up a little bit short in a crosstown brawl. Siegel by 10. The swami has spoken, Read em and cry like a baby !!!!

14, the outcomes may be the same but it is unlikely the point spreads will be as wide. As has been the case the last number of outings, White will find a way to make the game closer and the White crowd especially the reserved seat crowd, will make this overtime game one to remember. It's too close to call.

If Warren gets beaten by 25, their inside game needs some help. Coach Eades has two good guards but seems to not be able to compete on the boards. Riverdale very likely win but Warren county's effort will allow them to win by only 15. This poster thinks Oakland has and will play better and if they can keep their Turnovers down, they will play a very respectable game. Very likely Cookeville will take Oakland.

Another Battle of the Boro is fixing to happen and unless this poster is mistaken, it will be another full house. Blackman is a team full of pride and Nowlin has played very well in every game. It will be a hard fought game.

Siegel is now beginning to get it's game together and if they can reduce their turnovers, this will be the closeest game either of the two teams have played. For those fans who like to watch Coaching strategy, this is the game to see. Siegel is smarting because of the loss in the first encounter this school year and Blackman is trying to improve their standing in the District. It's too close to call. It willbe won on the boards.For those of you that like total presentations and atmosphere, Siegels pregame band presentation, their presentation of the national anthem, and their halftime shows are something to see. If they put this program together Tuesday as they have done in the past, it will be a very enjoyable evening.