7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

The problem with this theory is that Cookeville didn't really have that great a start. They really didn't get going until around mid-season, after they started 0-2 in district play.

True. Lost to good York, beat a good LA, lost to a great JC twice. Seems like they had a good pre District. Only thing seen is AM may not have recovered from knee. Then had a good run. Looking back, the two District losses didn't bother them but the loss in the District was a backbreaker. This high profile team brings back Helton next year but beside her, proven players are hard to recognize but they generally are this time of the year.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14, this poster thanks you for your intervention trying to get this subject closed out. Your first sentence, you can be assured, is correct about this particular game. But there is no question that the coach being in charge. The final score of the Siegel/Shelbyville game was not a high point for Siegel this year. Siegel will have a better year next year and maybe can get to State then. It is likely that 09 is answering not only the reasons why "that game" answer with the post but, a longer range answer to a problem in the post. That is something I'm sure Coach Bush will remember about this season. IMO he has not had a season quite like this one. So this poster agrees with a very perceptive post as to what should have been done with timing but that vision is always 20-20. This is over and finished.

Please explain . . . "Siegel will have a better year next year . . ." Have you acquired a crystal ball or consulted a palm reader???

Okay. I have held back commenting on this until AFTER the Shelbyville game. There have been many posts on this topic, all stating different opinions and stories on why Coach Alan Bush would opt to sit out his seniors in a game that could get his team out of Shelbyville's bracket. For starters, ALL of the seniors did not sit out. Waggoner played as much and as well as she has the entire year. Secondly, I personally know both Faulkner and Wright, and they were not in any sorts of trouble. The Siegel coach simply did not play them. As for the rumors going around that he was just getting ready for next year, the are not true. The senior girls ALL started friday night against Shelbyville and played as much if not more than the have all year. Coach Alan Bush did not sub until near the end of the second quarter. His reasoning for not playing them in the district consolation game are irrelevant. He knows why they were sitting and I'm positive that he told them and the rest of his team his reasoning behind this. Whether or not you agree with his decision is your own personal opinion. However, seeing as you do not coach the Siegel girls basketball team it makes no difference. The Siegel coaching staff made the decision that they made based on all the facts they knew. You simply don't know the facts. Although I personally do not agree with the staffs decision at this point in the season, I believe their reasoning was correct just not timed right. The problems should have been corrected earlier in the season, not with the season on the line.

Your post indicates that you have insight regarding the coaching strategy in the above referenced game, but you are unwilling to share too much. From all appearances, the game reminded me of a pre-season scrimmage. That must have been very frustrating for all the players who wanted to win that game against Cookeville. Seems to me that the time for instruction is during practice, not when the game is at hand. (However, I do recall a game when our high school coach pulled ALL the starters so that they could observe the other team's offense.) Can't read the Siegel coach's mind, but it was quite the losing cause. And, whaterever "problems" the coaches may have been dealing with, their "reasoning" was dealt to two veteran players, and not the others on the court. Ditto to your final statement.

Please explain . . . "Siegel will have a better year next year . . ." Have you acquired a crystal ball or consulted a palm reader???

Please!!!! My only source is the Swami14 and it is unsure whether he has updated his chrystal ball or his palms have since dried since the season is over. Some future information on next years prospects slipped out from his den and it is for sure the whole District 7AAA is looking for prospects for the upcoming season. best of luck to all and to all a good nite.

Please!!!! My only source is the Swami14 and it is unsure whether he has updated his chrystal ball or his palms have since dried since the season is over. Some future information on next years prospects slipped out from his den and it is for sure the whole District 7AAA is looking for prospects for the upcoming season. best of luck to all and to all a good nite.

Nothing personal, but Bush had the team the past two years to make it out of the region and it has not happened. Do not expect some miracle next year.

Ahhhh Yes, The "swami" is back and sadly probably for the last time this year, as the "swami" sees both our 7aaa teams left, losing tonight. Lawerence Co. will pressure the lady bluedevilettes into submission and come away with a 11 point victory, and this year's eventual champs Shelbyville will defeat last year's champs Riverdale by 15. The "swami" has spoken and hopefully not for the last time.

Ahhhh Yes, The "swami" is back and sadly probably for the last time this year, as the "swami" sees both our 7aaa teams left, losing tonight. Lawerence Co. will pressure the lady bluedevilettes into submission and come away with a 11 point victory, and this year's eventual champs Shelbyville will defeat last year's champs Riverdale by 15. The "swami" has spoken and hopefully not for the last time.

the "swami" maybe right, but lebanon has proved the "swami" wrong many times. i believe that if lebanon believes in themselves and has good support they could come out on top and beat lawerence co. alot of people believe that these girls are not ready to end their season in 2nd round region, if they play the whole game like we know that they can play they can win. but coming out and scoring 5 points in the first half wont work this time like it did with lincolon co. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> i sure will be there to watch! if i.elie doesnt get into early foul trouble lebanon will have great help with the scoreboard. l.elie could dominate and take over the boards but sometimes she doesnt step up. j.brooks is back from her knee injury and she has hit major shots for lebanon in the district and region tournament play. e.marshall is a motivator she told the girls she is not going ending her senior basketball year yet, she has stepped up and took control of the last couple of games. coach brown is a great coach, he knows all the fundamentals of basketball, and he believes in the girls and he keeps them going because he knows how far the girls can go.

Swami, You and I are in agreement on the outcome of tonight's semi's. I would like to pick the 7-AAA teams, but my head is going to overrule may heart and go with Shelbyville and Lawrence County. If I were going to pick an underdog it would be Lebanon because of their size and athleticism, but I just don't see them beating a team that has only lost to Shelbyville, 3 times, and to Smyrna.

You guys forgot to congratulate Whitey for joining Coacht and suddenly getting involved in this particular subject matter at this particular time. I wonder what family you are connected with?..............hhmmmmm. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Swami, You and I are in agreement on the outcome of tonight's semi's. I would like to pick the 7-AAA teams, but my head is going to overrule may heart and go with Shelbyville and Lawrence County. If I were going to pick an underdog it would be Lebanon because of their size and athleticism, but I just don't see them beating a team that has only lost to Shelbyville, 3 times, and to Smyrna.

Very good point "Badhat", you too have been dead on with most of your picks this year !!

Riverdale, that was a gallent battle you put up tonite and the whole District 7 is very proud of your effort. You played a very good game.

The box scores were like this:

Riverdale

Lanning 9

Swope 5

Burgess 5

Davis 5

Henry 5

petrosky 4

Shelbyville

Jarrell 14

Dawson 12

Phelps 10

Whorley 9

Graves 2

The article from DNJ mentioned that Riverdale had 23 turnovers which is not surprising. Shelbyville plays a pressing defense generally full court and is very good at it.