7AAA Girls Basketball

PHargis

You are right. This poster did not make himself clear and really it makes no difference. Feelings are not hurt. "The way this is being handled" is another subject entirely and is too complicated. However, inconsistancies in school policies is a one way street and the student/athlete sometimes has little consideration. And that's all right. As you might realize, being from Dibrell, this poster stands by his opinion however the matter is closed.

And I fully respect that. Thank you.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think phargis is upset about the starters sitting on the bench and not trying to win he is right you do not play all the young kids in that game if you finish 3rd you are out of the shelbyville bracket so for the girls he is talking about being on the bench is kinda puzzling...yall say what you will about that poster but he has never been critical of anything about his team except that one post and it was about sitting the SRs so his reputation tells me there is something to his post

The all inspiring "Swami" has arrived and is ready to make his bold predictions for tommorrow night's region matchups. The "Swami" sees Lebanon having little trouble getting past Lincoln Co. Lebanon by 15. Cookeville will go into Lawerence Co. and come away with a 7 point road win. In a really good match-up between Franklin Co. at Riverdale, the "swami" sees Riverdale coming away with a hard fought 5 point win. And finally, Siegel will go into Shelbyville and play well, just not good enough to upend the Lady Eagles. Shelbyville by 14. The "swami" has spoken !!!

This poster is rather flattered to be pointed out in a post by an Asst Coach concerning things that Siegel should not even want to be discussed. But since that is the case............. I have known to win a debate, you attack the messanger and anything else you can attack no matter the results. This is not a forum to do that. The way this is being handled will take Siegel out of contention even though the Seniors on this team had wanted to make it to State. There is no doubt the play Friday Night is for next years team and very likely is the way Siegel's Seniors will be treated in the future. That is the perogative of the Coach and the trust players may have in their leader. To say anything else, the DNJ article the next morning explained the situation and refutes what the Asst Coach says in the above post. The coach signaled his intentions as far as the game was concerned. That is his perogative. But 7-8 points is not much when a lot of you seniors are sitting on the bench. Maybe they should have not been on the team to start with, however.

It is the first time this poster has seen an Asst Coach reply to a post on this site and really is refreshing unless it gets to charactor assination and blatent misrepresentation as in this case. Coaches make mistakes as well as players. Players goals are not the same as coaches . Players are told by parents to play to the end in everything they do. Don't quit. It's tough when the coach makes the decision and the players don't. Winning against Cookeville was just as important as Riverdale and might mean a different bracket. It was important for the team to be encouraged to win, not just play the game. There are personal goals by some older players and for that matter, younger players also. A lot of players play for Siegel.

Clair Waggoner played well for the time she played and for the two games played the best she has played. And you are right, she did play some.

And yes, the direction matter, looked like a traffic cop on the side lines trying to get the players to go in the right places and the asst coaches sitting and staring in disbelief and throwing their hands up in the air as to it was the players fault. This poster pleads guilty for praising the team. It is a good one with 13 players but this coach, disassembled the team, dropped the players who where counted on for leadership and direction, and depended on a group of freshman two sophmores to play the mature teams in 7AAA. They will be good and are good.

Now about the personal insinuations. I would be pleased to discuss that with you by email anytime you would like.

If that is the only thing you have got, forget your $12 because it is not worth reading. Why would you destroy your team and not encourage them to work together? If it makes you feel better, chew them out again. There may be only one more game, but we'll try. Don't know who and not sure what we'll run and really not sure everyone will be where they are supposed to be, but we'll try. But don't blame the play on the players, the WHOLE TEAM is at fault and that includes the Coaches. Siegel, keep smiling and win this game.

There is more to be said but this is not the way a 7AAA School should handle their players now or in the future. This poster doesn't recognize anyone else doing it.

I really have no idea what this ridiculous rambling is about. I thought you were a bigger person than this. Personally, I respected your first reply to my post much more than this nonsense. It appears as though you are suggesting I am a part of the Siegel coaching staff, I assure you I am not. I am merely a supporter of the team and thost that lead them as well as the other teams in 7AAA.

I think your personal attack of the coaches and younger players is unfortunate and unwarranted and I am sure the senior players do not appreciate this type of negative attention. They deserve much more than this.

I feel sorry for you since this is obviously all you have to do with your time. Now go take your blood pressure pill- looks like you need one.

I really have no idea what this ridiculous rambling is about. I thought you were a bigger person than this. Personally, I respected your first reply to my post much more than this nonsense. It appears as though you are suggesting I am a part of the Siegel coaching staff, I assure you I am not. I am merely a supporter of the team and thost that lead them as well as the other teams in 7AAA.

I think your personal attack of the coaches and younger players is unfortunate and unwarranted and I am sure the senior players do not appreciate this type of negative attention. They deserve much more than this.

I feel sorry for you since this is obviously all you have to do with your time. Now go take your blood pressure pill- looks like you need one.

I don't have a dog in the hunt in this topic, but I will say it is always dangerous to assume a poster's identity, because usally 95% of the time they are wrong, but whatever, I think "PHargis" is ready to let this topic die.

The all inspiring "Swami" has arrived and is ready to make his bold predictions for tommorrow night's region matchups. The "Swami" sees Lebanon having little trouble getting past Lincoln Co. Lebanon by 15. Cookeville will go into Lawerence Co. and come away with a 7 point road win. In a really good match-up between Franklin Co. at Riverdale, the "swami" sees Riverdale coming away with a hard fought 5 point win. And finally, Siegel will go into Shelbyville and play well, just not good enough to upend the Lady Eagles. Shelbyville by 14. The "swami" has spoken !!!

After a bad district tournament showing the BadHat will try again with some predictions for the region. It seems that Cookeville may have peaked too soon and I believe that Lawrence County will end their season by 5 points. Shelbyville will defeat Siegel by 20 or more. Franklin County and Riverdale will be tight and I think Franklin County will squeak out a win by 2. Lebanon will be a winner, but I think it will be closer than the "Swami" has it. I'll take Lebanon by 6. I wish I could be a little more positive about 7-AAA' s chances, but it doesn't seem to me that anyone other than Lebanon is playing their best ball right now.

After a bad district tournament showing the BadHat will try again with some predictions for the region. It seems that Cookeville may have peaked too soon and I believe that Lawrence County will end their season by 5 points. Shelbyville will defeat Siegel by 20 or more. Franklin County and Riverdale will be tight and I think Franklin County will squeak out a win by 2. Lebanon will be a winner, but I think it will be closer than the "Swami" has it. I'll take Lebanon by 6. I wish I could be a little more positive about 7-AAA' s chances, but it doesn't seem to me that anyone other than Lebanon is playing their best ball right now.

Kudos to Lebanon, they took full advantage of playing at home during the tournament. They lost the previous 4 away games by an average of 18 points. I fully expect them to take Lincoln Co at home as well.

Lets just hope that they take care of business tonight and Cookeville as well so that they came meet again on a neutral court in Shelbyville.

Riverdale should handle Franklin County at home. siegel, has by far the toughest assignment at Shelbyville, but if Claire continues to play physical in the post, I think they can match up with the eaglettes can keep it close.

As a side note concerning siegel and the player rotation during the Cookeville game, I spoke to another parent at halftime about this and we could only conclude that the stratagy was to save Faulkner and Wright for late in the game with fresh legs.

Still awaiting your email. PHargis@aol.com

Please know what you're talking about if you are going to post such non sense. This post makes zero sense, Morgan and Allison are great people and students they have not been in trouble. If you're going to say that, then answer me this: If they were in this so called trouble why in the world would they have been starting for this particular game? No answer huh? Well thats because you don't know. So don't label the two seniors as being in trouble beacuse they were not. It was a coaching decision nothing more nothing less so lets all just leave it at that. I'm by no means saying I agree with the decision, but nonetheless I can't change it. Oh and by the way, let's not leave any more sophomoric, barbaric and immature post lacking evidentiary support (saying they were in trouble was way off the mark). Thank You.

Daking - "DA" Read my post again. Did I ever say those girls were bad people? I have known one of them since third grade. Did I ever say they were in trouble? Stop putting words in my mouth or Keyboard. I heard with my own ears after the Riverdale ballgame, one of the seniors say she wanted to quit. Could it be that that mentality carried over to practice and Coach saw it or felt it? I said it MAY have been disclipline for a poor attitude or something. I said MAY. Read again before you make sophomoric, barbaric and immature responses. THANK YOU!

Please know what you're talking about if you are going to post such non sense. This post makes zero sense, Morgan and Allison are great people and students they have not been in trouble. If you're going to say that, then answer me this: If they were in this so called trouble why in the world would they have been starting for this particular game? No answer huh? Well thats because you don't know. So don't label the two seniors as being in trouble beacuse they were not. It was a coaching decision nothing more nothing less so lets all just leave it at that. I'm by no means saying I agree with the decision, but nonetheless I can't change it. Oh and by the way, let's not leave any more sophomoric, barbaric and immature post lacking evidentiary support (saying they were in trouble was way off the mark). Thank You.

And there are more than two seniors and I wasn't just talking about the two you called out! So you pretty well identified yourself so step back and look at from another point of view instead of the begrudled senior parent view.