Cumberland Co. at Coffee

RaiderRat

If you can do much better as you say you can, then apply for the coaching job! Good luck however to the Jets for the remainder of the season.

Working on that, I am at MTSU working on my degree in Physical Eduaction. I would definetly like to coach high school football. It is pretty much the entire reason I want to teach.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on that, I am at MTSU working on my degree in Physical Eduaction. I would definetly like to coach high school football. It is pretty much the entire reason I want to teach.

If you want to become a teacher to coach football, then you will be one terrible teacher in the classroom. Good luck getting hired telling a principle coaching "is pretty much the entire reason I want to teach."

Why don't you and Kane go down there and confront Coach Shultz directly and impart on him all of your football wisdom. Then he can crush your skull like a grape.

If you want to become a teacher to coach football, then you will be one terrible teacher in the classroom. Good luck getting hired telling a principle coaching "is pretty much the entire reason I want to teach."

Why don't you and Kane go down there and confront Coach Shultz directly and impart on him all of your football wisdom. Then he can crush your skull like a grape.

Yes, the main reason I want to teach is to be a coach, but that does not mean I won't be an effective teacher. When i do something, I do it right. Also, i do not nessessarly think coach shultz is the problem. He is one man surrounded by sad excuses for assistants. He doesn't seem like a man who would be into crushing skulls.

Jet is a good young man. He will be a good teacher and will be an asset to the students and community.

Hey dude you need to get real. Do a poll of coaches and ask them how many would teach if they couldn't coach. There is nothing wrong with wanting to teach to become a coach. The thing that you have to realize is that most coaches contrary to all popular belief are good teachers. I for one would not teach if I could not coach, but I have been teacher of the year 2 times in the last 12 years in two different systems. Now as an administrator one of the questions I ask in an interview is what extra-curricular activities the candidate might be interested in helping with. If they tell me they don't want to do anything after school then that in my opinion hurts there chances. Teachers who come in at 8 and leave at 4 to me are not giving or getting the full educational experience for the kids. Just my opinion.