CBHS vs ECS

wavelax1

This seems to be a much improved CBHS team compared to the one I saw in the Bridges game ( have a feeling the outcome would be different now ). I don't believe many of us saw the score being quite so favorable to the Brothers. You beat a good team, and hopefully will have the momentum to bring home a trophy.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be a much improved CBHS team compared to the one I saw in the Bridges game ( have a feeling the outcome would be different now ). I don't believe many of us saw the score being quite so favorable to the Brothers. You beat a good team, and hopefully will have the momentum to bring home a trophy.

agreed on the fact that the outcome of another Bridges Bowl would be different. for the most part, Christian Brothers is healthy, and playing decent football now, while melrose appears to be in a tailspin that has not been seen in orange mound in a long time, if ever. but the past is the past and i hope tramarcus toney is happy he "guided" his overrated golden wildcats past the Brothers in a Bridges Bowl for the first time since the annual game began seven years ago. (he was quoted in the commercial appeal saying something along the lines that he hoped he could be the first to hand Christian Brothers a loss in the Bridges Kickoff Classic. well, he got his wish...and, so far, a subpar season.)

like i previously said, the Brothers had more/better athletes than ecs friday night, not to mention they executed, even without watson, and it showed. if the Purple Wave can continue to play that way for the remainder of this season and carry it on into the playoffs, they will be tough to beat.

ill also venture to guess that CBHS is the best team ecs has had to play this year. that showed as well friday night.

Not to take anything from Melrose's victory or open up old wounds, but like I've said time and time again about the Bridges Game, was that Melrose DID NOT dominate that game. Lets see E-Watt had about 4 fumbles, most of them being inside the 20 (and which 2 of their 3 scores came from fumbles inside the 15). With any amount of athletes they should have scored. CBHS didnt cross midfield more than 2 times if I'm remebering right. I will defend that game to the end of time, because it was not a good showing for EITHER team. Yes, CBHS still would have lost based on their play that night, but it should have been only 6-0 not 18-0. But hey thats over with. Good luck Brothers, continue the great play and do what many of us before you couldn't do.

Go Brothers!

Tide Roll!!!