Hixson Girls

catsbackr

The Hixson girls go to 5-0 for the season with a 26-1 victory over Baylor. Pinfall totals were 3017-2048.

The Lady Wildcats were led by Allie Chase, 610 (202, 185, 223). Hixson substituted very liberally after the first game and the pinfall totals suffered somewhat.

The girls are indeed in the Fall Bash in Savannah this Saturday and looking very much forward to getting an early indication of where they stand and where they need to improve after facing 3 very tough opponents in Hendersonville, White Station and defending State champions, Hardin County. Unfortunately, I will not be in Savannah, but will attend the Lady 'Cats next tournament on December 1st in Columbia.

Hixson has 2 matches next week, Tuesday versus Notre Dame and Friday versus our friends, the Soddy Daisy Lady Trojans.

Learn from this weekend ladies and let it make you stronger.

Way to go, girls!

So what happened at the fall bash -- boys and girls? I was unable to make the trip due to work. How did everyone roll?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hixson Lady Wildcats go to 8-0 for the season in winning the Fall Bash in Savannah, Tn. this weekend.

Match #1 versus White Station: the score was 19-8 with pinfall totals, 3273-2857.

The Lady 'Cats were led by Allie Chase 652 (214, 214, 224), Kayla Carnes 566 (203, 151, 212) and Stephanie Bledsoe 551 (227, 161, 163). This match was tied 8-8 after the 2nd game but the Lady Wildcats swept Game 3 to close it out.

Match #2 versus Hendersonville: the score was 17-10, with pinfall totals 3170-3101.

Our Wildcats were led by Stephanie Bledsoe 622 (179, 238, 205), Kayla Carnes 588 (205, 183, 200) and Andria Aurand 575 (211, 176, 188). A couple of 3rd game substitutes allowed the score to be somewhat closer.

Match #3 versus defending State Champions Hardin County: the score was 20-7, pinfall totals were 3507-3173.

The Hixson girls were led by Kayla Carnes 642 (252, 234, 176), Allie Chase 639 (181, 201, 257) and Whitney Pennyman 587 (169, 201, 217).

It was wonderful winning the Fall Bash, but did highlight several areas, including consistancy, that need to be improved upon. All in all, a tremendous showing by the Lady Wildcats.

Keep you eyes on the Prize ladies!

The Hixson Lady Wildcats go to 8-0 for the season in winning the Fall Bash in Savannah, Tn. this weekend.

Match #1 versus White Station: the score was 19-8 with pinfall totals, 3273-2857.

The Lady 'Cats were led by Allie Chase 652 (214, 214, 224), Kayla Carnes 566 (203, 151, 212) and Stephanie Bledsoe 551 (227, 161, 163). This match was tied 8-8 after the 2nd game but the Lady Wildcats swept Game 3 to close it out.

Match #2 versus Hendersonville: the score was 17-10, with pinfall totals 3170-3101.

Our Wildcats were led by Stephanie Bledsoe 622 (179, 238, 205), Kayla Carnes 588 (205, 183, 200) and Andria Aurand 575 (211, 176, 188). A couple of 3rd game substitutes allowed the score to be somewhat closer.

Match #3 versus defending State Champions Hardin County: the score was 20-7, pinfall totals were 3507-3173.

The Hixson girls were led by Kayla Carnes 642 (252, 234, 176), Allie Chase 639 (181, 201, 257) and Whitney Pennyman 587 (169, 201, 217).

It was wonderful winning the Fall Bash, but did highlight several areas, including consistancy, that need to be improved upon. All in all, a tremendous showing by the Lady Wildcats.

Keep you eyes on the Prize ladies!

See...I told you these girls were good...and they are good enough to win state...are they going to the tournament in columbia on dec.1? And speaking of columbia does anyone know anything about their boys team? I heard that they have a really good squad even after losing players last year...and speaking of boys for a moment...i hate it for our boys...the team really lost alot last year but i will still be there to cheer jacob, jonathan, and the rest on to victory!!

My sources tell me to watch out for Brandon Barnes from Smyrna as well...Rumor has it he may take down Gary Faulkner from germantown this year. Any info on Smyrna boys?

Go cats!

Hey Bigcatdaddy - go pick your nose or something! High school bowling is the fastest growing high school sport in the country! Go challenge any of the girls at Hixson or boys in Columbia to a game. Then run your mouth.

Was that good or what, bowlers? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You inquired about Columbia's boys. Michael Poirier is averaging 233 after 6 matches and most of the games have been bowled outside of Galaxy Lanes. The team shot 3849 yesterday in a match with 3 first year bowlers bowling one game each. Travis Howell is averaging 204, Aaron Davidson, a sophomore, is averaging 216, and Jake Flatt is averaging 196. There are 9 new players on the team this year that have made big strides in 2 months.

Central girls have shot 3000 once and have a player ineligible until January 1. Who is the number 2 school out of Region 3 girls this year, you think? Soddy has owned us for the last three years.

Coach,

I loved your comments to the previous poster. My message to him is to come on down and bowl against some of our girls. Anytime.

Anyway, the Hixson girls go to 9-0 today after defeating Notre Dame 25-2. Pinfall totals, 2849-2315,are somewhat less than normal due to the fact that the girls led 16-0 after the first 2 games. Hixson subbed 4 bowlers in the 3rd game. Way to go, girls!

As far as Region 3 girls go, we bowl Soddy Daisy this Friday and with this rivalry, this should be a great barometer as to where both of these teams stand.

And finally, congrats on your boys performance thus far this season.

Golly Bowing is got to be the dumbest high school sport ever! go play video games or somethin!!

First of all bigcat if you are going to leave messages on this board please use correct verbage.

1) Golly bowling has (not is) got to be the dumbest high school sport ever!

2) please include the g for something next time.

It just sounds like you are one of those people who never felt good about themselves so you have to go and bash other people to do so.

These kids who bowl are great! They all have the opportunity to receive college scholarships which helps them become positive successful members of society. Maybe you need to do the same.

Don't hate the player...hate the game!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Golly Bowing is got to be the dumbest high school sport ever! go play video games or somethin!!

Everyone, Ignorance is running rampant today. Obviously cat daddy doesn't bowl much.

I can probably find alot of kids and adults both that would disagree with catdaddy.

Hixson girls are off to great start. Still have room to improve and become even stronger.

WOW! haha i put this on as a joke and yall are actally taking it to heart. This has got to be the funniest thing i have ever seen. I seriously started laughing hysterically when reading your responses. And youre right, i bash people to make my self feel better. HA not, thats just what shrinks made up to make little losers feel better about getting picked on. so now that you know that truth, go sit on a pin or something.

Hey bigcat...why don't you go and find another board to reply on...maybe one devoted to pathetic losers who devise schemes to get the attention that they missed getting during their adolescent years.

And now with that, lets all ignore these posts and move on with discussing how great these high schools kids who bowl are and how the state is shaping up for state contenders.

Anybody have info statewide on who is shining right now?

Bowling is the hardest sport to play hands down. I believe that anyone can shot a basketball or kick a soccer ball.....but how many people can throw 12 strikes in a row? or even put three great games together and have an 800 series? Bigcatdaddy08 if you don't have anything better else to do than talk about something that you can't do then the only thing dumb is you. Bowling is AMERICAS #1 SPORT.

-Bowler824-