Mcminn Central VS Polk CO

charger023

Evidently you are as stupid as you sound! YES, they do test at Polk. Schools can drug test if it is adopted by the BOE. Maybe some other school systems should follow suite and why would a parent object to the idea unless they are as ignorant as you. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ignorant??? hmmmm....NOT!!! just check, without a resonable suspicion they can NOT!!! just randomly drug test a minor, without parental consent....check and see....don't lean on YOUR understanding.....know the law!!! bash me all you want, but I'm right!! and by the way there is a legal way to do ANY drug test...you don't just randomly approach someone, child or adult.....hehehe, guess if you were in the work force at least you would know that....all i ask is that you find out the adequate procedure, that's all, cause I know it!! I deal with it on a daily basis.....so, a minor can NOT be randomly drug tested!!! without parental consent.....tha tha tha that's all folks...YOU my friend are so wrong! KNOW THE LAW!! KNOW THE PROCEDURE!!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know of any parents that would object to their kid been drug tested. The problem is this board and other parents fine you guilty before the test comes back... Don't quote me but I don't think they can just walk up to a student and ask for a Drug test.

Back to the Stoney Dogs, is he going to give you a discount because you are a true

If your a member of an extracurricular activity they just call you out of class and the AD takes you for the test. Its that simple!!

You better hope he gives discounts because I might want one of those good barbeques to go along with one of those dogs. I already like the thought of seeing you pull out that Wapauka money and buying my food and drink. It would be even better if I knew you had to sweat to earn it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I hear Slack may not play against Polk, something about his Quad....Hmmmm .... I sure hope He gets well enough, but HEY!!! Central Blue covers Polk Red!!! haven't you heard? GO CHARGERS!!!!! ain't enough red to cover the blue....

Oh No! I'm afraid if there is no Slack, there may be no win....too close to call now.

Ignorant??? hmmmm....NOT!!! just check, without a resonable suspicion they can NOT!!! just randomly drug test a minor, without parental consent....check and see....don't lean on YOUR understanding.....know the law!!! bash me all you want, but I'm right!! and by the way there is a legal way to do ANY drug test...you don't just randomly approach someone, child or adult.....hehehe, guess if you were in the work force at least you would know that....all i ask is that you find out the adequate procedure, that's all, cause I know it!! I deal with it on a daily basis.....so, a minor can NOT be randomly drug tested!!! without parental consent.....tha tha tha that's all folks...YOU my friend are so wrong! KNOW THE LAW!! KNOW THE PROCEDURE!!

If your suspicious you can be checked. As an administrator I can basically pick someone if I have evidence or someone tells me that so and so is doing drugs at school because that is reasonable suspicion. Like I said we randomly test but parents do sign a participation sheet saying that their son or daughter can be drug tested anytime if they don't sign it they cannot participate in any extracurricular activities. As for walking down the hall and picking out one or two no you can't. However if they are in extracurriculer activities they can be without parent notification.

Excuse me for the interuption but i cant believe what im reading...Are you saying that if a parent doesn't sign a form allowing "random drug testing", their child can NOT participate in extracurricular activities? I dont see how this would be possible.

It's possible! Read Section 6.3072 under STUDENT

http://policy.tsba.net/TOP/polkCo_Online/index.html

It also gives the reason - SAFETY!

I didn't mean it like it sounded I was painting a scenario. If someone comes and says they saw you take something then this could be reasonable suspicion. According to volnation this would give administrators the authority to have you tested. However students who participate in extracurricular activities can be tested. If it is passed by the BOE and placed in the rules of the team and the parents have to sign the rules and consent forms so their kids can play. Like you said why would anyone not want their kid tested.

If your a member of an extracurricular activity they just call you out of class and the AD takes you for the test. Its that simple!!

You better hope he gives discounts because I might want one of those good barbeques to go along with one of those dogs. I already like the thought of seeing you pull out that Wapauka money and buying my food and drink. It would be even better if I knew you had to sweat to earn it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Could someone tell me where to find this famous Stoney Dogs? Please, I think I will go get me one Friday!

Excuse me for the interuption but i cant believe what im reading...Are you saying that if a parent doesn't sign a form allowing "random drug testing", their child can NOT participate in extracurricular activities? I dont see how this would be possible.

Extracurricular activities are a privilege and you do not have to participate in them. Its true so get over it! Either sign the form or your kid doesn't play!! How many times do we have to say it.