Mcminn Central VS Polk CO

charger023

Hey Smokey do what I do when I read some of this stuff, I say "GROOOSFRABAHHH" over and over again, lol. Man I'm pulling for you guys from Central, but that off week has got me worried, prove me wrong.

man i'm just trying to talk some sense into these guys from polk co! hahaha don't worry about central being rusty..be confident they will be rested. this will help them in the fourth quarter....they will, well i would say upset, but i don't know if it would be considered an upset with the way this season has went, but anyway they will beat polk an prove ya wrong man. lol. just do us a favor and give howard a good old piece of humble pie!! good luck cheifs and GO CHARGERS

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i'm just trying to talk some sense into these guys from polk co! hahaha don't worry about central being rusty..be confident they will be rested. this will help them in the fourth quarter....they will, well i would say upset, but i don't know if it would be considered an upset with the way this season has went, but anyway they will beat polk an prove ya wrong man. lol. just do us a favor and give howard a good old piece of humble pie!! good luck cheifs and GO CHARGERS

I really dont think it would be a upset if Central beats Polk County. And yes we'll try our best to dish out some respect to Howard. No wonder Central is undefeated in the region, we beat'em up the week before you guys play them, hahahaha.

He's cocky because he IS that good. People who really know football & know him can tell you that. He has a football mind...think Coach Newton, but on both sides of the ball. He is not a one man show & really lets his coaches and players weigh in on what they do.

He is one of the most disciplined & academics focused coaches I have known. He talks to the teachers about grades & makes sure the kids have help if they need it. He had to get some kids back on track this summer because their winter/spring coaches did not do the same. He punishes them if they need it. How many kids have had to run and sit out three games for just being disrespectful? I even think that was kinda extreme.

Anyone who says that all he cares about is winning obviously doesn't know him. Tellico has nothing but praise for him. He could have run up the score & made himself & his kids look better statswise. Obviously he thought that the Tellico players were more important than the score or the stats.

But he doesn't really need any help or advice on doing his job. He's doing what he was hired to do & he's doing it well. You do what they pay you for & hopefully, he will keep doing the same.

If he could just teach them to hold onto the football...but we forget...the way they play is up to the kids. This will be a close game between two very strong teams. It will be all about stopping offense for BOTH teams. Strong offenses, great kickers, Central definitely faster, but Polk with alot more experience with winning.

For the kids at Central I hope you are right. Next year will be a good test as he will be losing some players, so we will see how his coaching ability and discipline pays off.

For the kids at Central I hope you are right. Next year will be a good test as he will be losing some players, so we will see how his coaching ability and discipline pays off.

i believe they could be even better next year....they lose 8 seniors...with only one on the offensive line....we will see

I really dont think it would be a upset if Central beats Polk County. And yes we'll try our best to dish out some respect to Howard. No wonder Central is undefeated in the region, we beat'em up the week before you guys play them, hahahaha.

that is a good point there!!! sequoyah very similar to central last year....won only two or three games...feel like they are a better team than that....first year head coach...young and reasonabley talented...maybe seq can come out next year a suprise everyone like MC did this year..up until central travels up to madisonville!!! by the way i saw in the knox news sent today that howard is ranked 10th in the state according to the AP in 3A and MC is right behind em at number 11. where is polk co? i know rankings don't mean a thing but it is just fun to talk a little trash!! GO CHARGERS

some of you small minded people need to get out of the woods sometimes...i mean lets be real this has nothing to do with discipline on the football field...but i guess if the coaches took all the players home with him and adopted them then it would solve all the problems....i mean if you think any highschool coach can control what teens do on the weekend or at night when they are sent home to THEIR Parents..i mean you must not spend alot of time around teens these days....yeah i guess every coach in the world is perfect except the coach at central...come on man get off the coaches back...he can't be mom and dad....this type of stuff happens everyday in bigger cities...just now that it happened in BIG ETOWAH everyone blows it up...but move to a bigger city and see all the things going on and see how many of those folks place blame on a high school football coach...

i heard that the football teams grades are higher than they have been in the past 5-10 years but i am sure some of you do not want to talk about that...cause that would mean that someone is doing something good at central..

Football is a privelage and should be treated as such. A coach can control what happens, by not allowing them to play if their outside activities are not acceptable. A few kids not being able to play because of outside acitivities, the other would take notice. You are correct times have changed, but does that mean that we have to allow our kids to to participate? I dont think so. I really want to see all these teams do well, but I also would like to see them learn some things along the way.

You are also correct, things like this happen all the time in big cities, but the average BIG CITY school has 2000-3000 students and inner city problems, I dont think Central would qualify to fall in that category.

Since you mentioned grades, I certainly hope that the grades are good, since that is the real reason for going to school.

Boy, I work a few hours overtime, fail to get on here, and miss all sorts of informative things. From coaches of yester-year being perfect, to this coach not caring about the boys enough to discipline them, to even one account of a player being able to defy the law of physics (be in the gym in front of a couple thousand people, and yet still be able to beat up a Polk Co. kid outside the gym at the same time). Well, for those that don't have an accurate memory, the worse drug problem that Central ever had was during the early 70's to mid 80's with football players among other students smoking pot and taking steroids. I could name names, but this isn't the place for that. You must have also forgot the almost annual brawl that happened between McMinn Co. and McMinn Central with football players envolved. Not to mention Central players coming home from one McMinn Co. game with the bus covered with eggs and windows broke out. The school board was upset with that. They were both the victim and guilty county in that one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As for this coach, well, he's not perfect, but I'll tell you this. I trust him with my son, and that's as high an endorsement as I can give. And I hope that folks like some on here that are not envolved in any shape or form just stay out of his way so he can coach my son for what remains of his high school career. As for the Polk Co. kid that got into a fight. He was at a Central vs Cleveland game. Why? He was outside the gym. Why? I'll tell you. He came planning to open a can of WA, but ended up spilling it all over himself instead. Those cans tend to be tricky like that. It was a confrontation that was started with that kid vandalizing Central property after a Polk Co. vs Central game. As for the problems at Central right now. It's a social problem that effecting the whole school as well as the football team, not a football team problem effect the whole school or society. Some of the logic on here would give life in prison to a murder victim. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And lets not act like Polk doesn't have it's problems, simular to this. Hasn't Polk Co. been banned from CoachT? And as for social problems, wasn't there a bomb scare found in a janitor's closet? And I don't remember anyone blaming Polk's coach with lack of discipline....or could it be that some think Central's coach did it??? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As for the watch dogs out there, I respect what your doing and saying. But I choose to support Central players, coaches, and staff. At least til they totally remove themselves from any proper defense. Then, the worse act that I have committed is to have faith in a kid. I'm just a romantic I suppose. But if you are wrong about what you're doing, then you're guilty of attacking a kid. I'll take my guilt over yours any day.

okay, man...heres the thing...i have a strong opinion about this and you have a strong opinion about this...and i don't think i can put a dent in your opinion and you definitly can't put a dent in mine, so lets just agree to disagree...lets get back to what matters...the GAME. so lets just start over with this whole thing!

i think my chargers have what it takes to beat your wildcats in two different ways...by running by you with the spread offense, or running over you with the wishbone! pick your posion! what do ya think man?

I agree! I don't think your going to run over us. Here is what I think, if its a close game Central may win it but if Polk gets up early I think the Chargers will lose big especially if they can't hold on to the ball.

And lets not act like Polk doesn't have it's problems, simular to this. Hasn't Polk Co. been banned from CoachT? And as for social problems, wasn't there a bomb scare found in a janitor's closet? And I don't remember anyone blaming Polk's coach with lack of discipline....or could it be that some think Central's coach did it??? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/quote]

The kid that made the bomb threat was Special Ed and did not play any sports there is a little difference. As for people being banned yes students are banned from getting on the board during school or from school computers but I know of Central students who have been banned as well for some of their comments. As for the fight at Cleveland I made the mistake of saying it was JJ. I forgot it was Davis. The student that went to the game had no intention of whipping anyone my gosh everytime he gets hit its in the back of the head cause he's running. So why would he go to Cleveland looking for a fight. My nephew was there and he said the kid never said nothing during the game, it happened when they were leaving in the parking lot. Even though the kid from Polk does like to bump his gums at times, he is no fighter.

All I hope for is a good game friday with no problems on or off the field! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree! I don't think your going to run over us. Here is what I think, if its a close game Central may win it but if Polk gets up early I think the Chargers will lose big especially if they can't hold on to the ball.

I think the close game will go to Polk, because of THUNDER foot..

Help me out here, wasn't there a couple of football players from Polk Co. kick out of school last year are the year before for drugs... Sounds to me it's every where

I think the close game will go to Polk, because of THUNDER foot..

Help me out here, wasn't there a couple of football players from Polk Co. kick out of school last year are the year before for drugs... Sounds to me it's every where

Two years ago Coach Davis heard that two of his players were doing drugs so he had them tested. When the test came back positive he kicked them off the team and one was a starter. Oh yes last year a freshman took a pain pill at lunch that a boy gave him for a headache and it made him sick and both received 365 days off. Only one was a player.

6pts huh. Those are going to be some good dogs!!!