Mcminn Central VS Polk CO

charger023

We are the Proudest school in the state... We have problems just like every other school . There's not another school in this State or any other State that can say they don't have problems.... Old Charger fan you must have had your head in the sand between the years of 1974- 1985. Check your History . Coach Rich had his problems just not as much media coverage.. There's no one as BLUE BLOODED as I am. Lets get back to the topic.. Polk 21- Central 28

Where have you been and don't tell me working because I know your lying. BTW you got that score wrong its 28-14 Polk.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you been and don't tell me working because I know your lying. BTW you got that score wrong its 28-14 Polk.

Work man, just been reading the post... Times are hard here in God's Country.. I just hope both teams can play their best and not worry about off the field problems....... Come on man you know we are going to hit you guys in the mouth for 4 qts and our speed , well enough said...

Work man, just been reading the post... Times are hard here in God's Country.. I just hope both teams can play their best and not worry about off the field problems....... Come on man you know we are going to hit you guys in the mouth for 4 qts and our speed , well enough said...

I have heard that for 7 years.

From what I have heard him saying on the sidelines and his comments on the radio he is not open to anyone's advice. He really likes himself in fact his ego is huge. If he would only spend more time talking to his team about their behavior off the field as he does telling them and everyone else how good they are. As for coaches out of control there is nothing wrong with a coach pitching a fit and giving the kids a good browe beating but how many could take it? I would say all our superstars would hit the door if a coach went after them when they made a mistake and made them walk the line. Its funny how you keep referring to other schools when talking about discipline. Lets not judge ourselves with other programs, lets take a stand and make our program the way it should be. Saying its been this way for this long does that mean we should continue to accept it just beacause we are winning. A kid will respect you if you make them mind, if you don't make them mind they will not respect anyone!

I don't care if MC wins or loses games, I mean I want to see them win, but I am like you- it should not be at the expense of anyone. A kid will not always respect you if you make them mind, there is alot of parents out their that wish this were true, I agree that a discipline child has a better chance, but they don't always make the right decision.

You think I don't know how arrogent, egotesictical, and cocky Coach Derrick is? He has always been like that ever since I have known the guy, but he is a good man who wants to have successful kids, and I am not talking about football. All I am saying is go talk to him, tell him you would like to help. I know he would welcome.

Well you may be right but I have to believe in my blue... What kind of fan would I be if I didn't believe. You know I would tell you if I didn't think we would win.. I think this is our year.. Hey Polk baseball took 1 last year and it had been 6 or7 years right.. You never now

I respect that and your right you never know but I hope not. You missed a great Meigs game, I was looking for you. Are you going to miss the game?

I agree 100%. Coach Rich and Darty would not have allowed all this nonsense. If you ask me this new coach of ours has done nothing until he gets the kids under control. No matter if you go 9-1 and have no respect or discipline your still a loser in the game of life. I know there are alot of parents not liking what is going on at Central. But apparently winning means more than teaching morals and values. We should teach all of our youngsters that life is full of decisions and you must be accountable for the ones you make. Us as adults should not make excuses for them if you do you are setting them up for failure when they get out into the real world.

I think the game friday will be close but I really don't know if we are disciplined enough to win, if Polk gets up I think we will fall apart and the lack of discipline will rear its ugly head as it has in the past. Good luck Chargers!!

you make absolutely no sense at all. this is not 1970...kids have more stuff to get into these days and less values at home because of poor parenthood across the board. coach derrick can not control what goes on away from central! you obviously have some other personal problem with coach d other than him as a coach. he is doing the best job of any coach in the area...he has taken a team that hasn't won ANYTHING since 98 and has got them competeing for a region championship in his first two years! his job is to coach football and his is doing that very well...the type of dicipline he has control over is penalties in a football game, not a drive-by in east etowah on a saturday night!!! if you could do any better then get in there and do it! untill then shut up and quit pointing fingers!! when columbine happend, everyone was asking "where are the PARENTS" not where is the football coach!!!

My boys from Sequoyah say they simply ran out of gas against a solid Polk County team, against Central they were coming off a byweek, extremely rusty. I think that Central not playing this week will play a big role in the game. Polk put away a up and coming program like a GOOD team should. My boys say Polk is a touchdown better than Central and with Central not playing a may be a little more. But I think Central will rebound and hit the playoffs clicking. Good luck to both teams. POLK County 24, McMinn Central 14. GO CHIEFS!!!

come on, dumdum...you know better than that! i am very disapointed in you! you know central will out run polk and stuff them on defense! hahahaha good luck to both teams...who does seq have this week?

you make absolutely no sense at all. this is not 1970...kids have more stuff to get into these days and less values at home because of poor parenthood across the board. coach derrick can not control what goes on away from central! you obviously have some other personal problem with coach d other than him as a coach. he is doing the best job of any coach in the area...he has taken a team that hasn't won ANYTHING since 98 and has got them competeing for a region championship in his first two years! his job is to coach football and his is doing that very well...the type of dicipline he has control over is penalties in a football game, not a drive-by in east etowah on a saturday night!!! if you could do any better then get in there and do it! untill then shut up and quit pointing fingers!! when columbine happend, everyone was asking "where are the PARENTS" not where is the football coach!!!

Dang Smokey, don't let the flower child get under your skin. Whats the finale score going to be??

I say Chargers 28- Wildcats 21.. Help me out

Well school's out for the day now, I just talked with a teacher from Central, I have already read the front page of the newspaper. There is a lot of news and things to talk about concerning what happened today at Central. But you know what? When talking to the teacher, she never mentioned Coach Derrick or the football team at all. I read the newspaper 3 times trying to find out what went wrong with the football team. It didn't mention the coach or the team either. Wonder how the teachers at the school and the news media got it so wrong??? We all obviously know it was all Coach Derrick's fault. Don't we "Fallguy", and "Oldchargerfan"???