Livingston Academy

smartie201014

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston won 4 to 3 over Friendship

The score was 4-2

I just got back to TN 2 days ago, just in time to make the trip to livingston especially to go watch Nigro play, what i was told would be their last game for this season. Even though i was wet, cold and hungry, I could not leave the field, I totally enjoyed watching this game. Nigro is remarkable, she won that game for her team, 3 goals. Her moves, her vision, her speed and her leadership is a pleasure to watch. Friendship Christian were not friendly or were they christians, I heard them call Nigro a B--ch more than once, how the refs did not hear them, I don't know. Besides that, the ref's did an exceptonal job with that game. There was also another livingston player #33, she was awesome, really played hard.

I congratulated the Nigro girl after the game and was pleasantly surprised as to how polite and how down to earth she is. I asked her about her training and she mentioned a trainer called "AR". Well he is really doing something right, she is perfection. I head back to Memphis today, but I would haved loved to be able to watch Livingston play on Thursday. Good Luck

I was doing some checking on Kat Nigro.

Wow, she has already had some big accomplishments.

USSF National ID Camp

ODP Region 3 Team

3 Time All Tournament

8 Time MVP

Numerous tournaments

Olympic Development Program.

And get this......she graduates in 2011

She's a Freshman???????

Not to mention a 4.0 GPA.

Kat Nigro is a tremendous young lady. I spotted her, and brother, at a TN Soccer Camp back in '04 when I was doing goalkeeping and knew I had not seen her around Knoxville. When I asked her were she was from and she told me Cookeville area, my jaw hit the ground. She played for me from fall '04 to spring '06 and I always knew she would be one of the best. She has that passion for the game that only a truely ELITE player has. No one could believe that her parents would drive an hour and half to practice. Now that is common for quite a few players. Alot of players have a love for the game and excel at it. But Kat was always with ball at foot, watching professional games, studying the game and all it's details. She is attaining the goals we talked about back in '05. I am so proud of her as are her former teammates. Alot of them still stay in touch and keep up with all the goings on. All the Mustangs wish KAT the best and success.

Mustcoach,

Listening to you describe her, I hope I get a chance to see her play some time. It raises a question however. Can 1 player, no matter how great, carry a team? Livingston Academy has a great record this year, but looking at who they have played, they really don't appear to have played a very difficult schedule. I saw LA last year (presumably w/o Kat), and I don't see how they can go far in post season. Based on Eurosportscoreboard.com, almost all LA's opponents have loosing records.

I don't mean to knock the team (and certainly not her). I suspect that it is difficult to find more than a handful of club players away from the main Metro areas.

Mustcoach,

Listening to you describe her, I hope I get a chance to see her play some time. It raises a question however. Can 1 player, no matter how great, carry a team? Livingston Academy has a great record this year, but looking at who they have played, they really don't appear to have played a very difficult schedule. I saw LA last year (presumably w/o Kat), and I don't see how they can go far in post season. Based on Eurosportscoreboard.com, almost all LA's opponents have loosing records.

I don't mean to knock the team (and certainly not her). I suspect that it is difficult to find more than a handful of club players away from the main Metro areas.

I totally understand what you are saying.

Let me say first of all, I have never been a die-hard soccer fan. I have always been all Softball & Basketball but my daughter loves soccer.... so I decided to take her to watch LA. I will have to tell you..... I am hooked & I am becoming a big soccer fan!

I know we aren't even half the size of Chattanooga or Knoxville.... we have about 20,000 people in Overton County. We have one high school in our county,that's it. Overton County, even though small, has always been known for having excellent female athletes, look at our State Basketball Championships. I know our opponents having losing records, but you have to think, this area/district has never been that big on soccer. We haven't even had it that long in our county.

To answer your question, I would have to say no. Kat is an amazing athlete & a really nice kid but one player isn't enough to carry a whole team. However, that one outstanding player can be just enough to motivate others to dig deep. I know we have kids that played last year & were average players but it's like this year....they are a different team. I'm not sure if it is because of Kat? Whatever the reason, it's working for us. We have other good players, Heather, McKenzie, and Kelsie all stick out to me.

I hope LA sticks around long enough so you see them play. If not...I'm sure you will within the next 3 years.

Turnadouble,

Thanks for the extra insight. I agree that you can't win it all with only one great player in almost any sport (if you've only got one weapon, it's easy for your opponent to focus on that one player). Having said that, though, one player can and does make a difference, particularly if they can get into a 1 on 1 situation. Also, as you said, one great player can motivate and inspire others, particularly if they are good "Team" players.

Good luck to Livingston Academy (unless, of course, you have to face Notre Dame again).

I was doing some checking on Kat Nigro.

Wow, she has already had some big accomplishments.

USSF National ID Camp

ODP Region 3 Team

3 Time All Tournament

8 Time MVP

Numerous tournaments

Olympic Development Program.

And get this......she graduates in 2011

She's a Freshman???????

Not to mention a 4.0 GPA.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Ok, I have gotta tell you. Kat is an awesome player. I have never seen anyone who can dribble around the defenders like she does. Its like shes playing games with them. We are one of their district apponents and of course we lost to them everytime. My daughter is the goalie and she suffered the wrath of Livingston. No goalie can stop that girl, with one on one shots. When Kat scored about 3 points she just slacked off and tried to let the rest of the team get some points. So, the whole team is great, but she is magic. LOL.She should have been voted MVP. Her dad was even nice enough to tell my daughter she done a good job, and that really meant alot to her. I expect Livingston will go far this year and even farther in the years to come. Good luck Livingston!!!