Official Mr. Football Thread: 1A, 2A, 3A

CoachT

For 2A back I`d have to give very serious consideration to Matt Hudson qb for Jackson Christian School. He`s the real deal. Problem is not many people have heard of him. He sat out last year after transferring from USJ. His dad is an ex-NFL QB so it`s no real surprise that he has been schooled on all the proper techniques. I`ve seen him play a couple of times and believe he deserves to be a nominee.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dont'a Hightower at Marshall County would be a great choice for the 3a lineman according to the Tennessean he has 100 tackles, 5 interceptions, and has scored 13 or 14 touchdowns. I also think what hurts some of these players aroung the state is that they play a lineman position on one side of the ball and a back position on the other so some people don't know where to vote for them.

For 2A back I`d have to give very serious consideration to Matt Hudson qb for Jackson Christian School. He`s the real deal. Problem is not many people have heard of him. He sat out last year after transferring from USJ. His dad is an ex-NFL QB so it`s no real surprise that he has been schooled on all the proper techniques. I`ve seen him play a couple of times and believe he deserves to be a nominee.

I agree Vol Gen...he at least deserves to be a nominee...I don't think he will win as with our move to 2A we will not finish as high as some teams will, but Matt is having a big year

Randall Cobb

Passing

-45 of 74 for a 60.8% passing

-817 Yards

-9 TD's against only 2 INTS

-LONG OF 98 YARDS

Rushing

-37 atts for 374 Yards

-10.1 AVG

-Long of 42 yards

-6 TDs

Defense

-8 tackles

-1 INT

Now Double all of those stats because he has only played half of every game besides Maryville and a little of the third in the C.A.K. game. Most athletic quarterback i have seen, he could play anywhere on the field

Randall Cobb

Passing

-45 of 74 for a 60.8% passing

-817 Yards

-9 TD's against only 2 INTS

-LONG OF 98 YARDS

Rushing

-37 atts for 374 Yards

-10.1 AVG

-Long of 42 yards

-6 TDs

Defense

-8 tackles

-1 INT

Now Double all of those stats because he has only played half of every game besides Maryville and a little of the third in the C.A.K. game. Most athletic quarterback i have seen, he could play anywhere on the field

have to agree...Randall rarely plays two halves of football

lane from sycamore would also be a good choice for 3a lineman

No doubt about it. He's been the most dominant player on the field the last two weeks for the War Eagles.

Maybe he should go to Macon Co. this week, sneak in the locker room during pregame warmups, and put on a Macon Co. #79. That would help the Tigers slow down that Greenbrier rushing attack.

2A Back - Scott Sowell - Hickman Co.

136 carries; 1048 yards; 7.7 yd./carry; 20 rushing TDs

He did not play at all one game and has been pulled from several games in the second half.

Not playing in a game can hurt you, Scott Sowell is a good back but as with him Smith County's Cody Rich has only played 3 or four full games and only a half in a couple,usually gets pulled in the beginning of the fourth,but has played in all games. This goes with any good back. Most good coaches will pull any of their stars to keep from injuries unless it is a close game.It's only smart! This hurts their individual stats but helps the team as a whole. Needless to say both of these deserve recognition!!!

Was at the Henry County vs Westview game a couple of weeks ago. What a great game it was between two top rated teams. The Henry County team had alot of speed on offense and for the defense to shut them down as they did was amazing. The Burlison kid was all over them. My vote goes to no.76 Justin Burlison for defense lineman.