District 9A

grammar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of team is van buren...ive never seen them play

They put up big numbers usually. They rebound well, go about 8 or 9 deep and are improving in transition. The past few years they have been strong in the half court set but have stepped it up this year. I would like to see better defense which wins games. Friday night we have a match up between what looks to be a defensive team againt a offensive team. Only time will tell if they can compete at a higher level. I will say this one positive thing that I have said many times before, they are well disciplined and are very good sports. They seem not to let adversity get in their way of showing sportsmanship. I am proud of their winning attitude and how they treat other players from opposing teams. Win or lose I am happy for them. My opinion from the stands.

Welllll! Congats to VB Eagles. decisive win over a good Forrest team, y'all might have something here.

OK game 3 is in the books. My Vikes gave a very good and way unerrated Heritage team a fight to the wire, and really should have won that game. They handled MTSC tonight in a game that really was not as close as the score, some key players sat alot while we tried out different combos; when crunch time comes it's the rotations that count. I can say right now that the Vikes should take at least one each from Forrest, Eagleville and Cascade this season. I just don't know VB well enough to say.

put it high and let it fly /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I can say right now that the Vikes should take at least one each from Forrest, Eagleville and Cascade this season.

Thats the riskest pick of all these boneheaded community fans . . . all three? . . one they will not get one from forrest, forrest's pressure is just too much for the vikings . . eagleville what more should i have to say . .their style of play works well for them community cant get in a shooting contest with them. And when the devil's home freezes over is when community takes one from cascade . . .its been a long time since that has even happened. So to all you community fans good luck but dont be surprised when your watching the district championship game on your on floor.

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

A lot of games to be played and so many things can change a season. Van Buren handled the full court pressure of Forrest pretty well last night. Forrest just didn't have an answer on the inside they are little but they can shoot and are really fast. I haven't seen any other D-9 teams play this year. Does anyone have any unbiased picks for this district? I think Van Buren is capable of beating any team they step on the floor with, not to say they will but they do have the talent. They got a little rattled in the past against good defensive pressure but this year they seem to maintain their composure. Once some of the boys that hasn't got much experience in the past gets in a little better goove we should do just fine. If Community is planning on taking a game from Forrest they are capable of taking one from VB also, but they better come to play.

Will someone please explain some of the people on here to me. Are they capable of conversation without nastiness?

As to the vikes beating cascade, this is HS, the players change every year. What does it matter what happened in the past. I think that this year's community team has a good chance to take one from cascade, forrest and eagleville. The players match up well in every instance and some of our rotations are looking good (that is a depth gauge). Getting consistent during the rotations is still a weakness for us and fixing that will be key. Getting the TSAA off the dime on JL will help alot. It is tough to loose that kind of talent to an admin snafu.

Try it on the matchups, be honest and run it down:

Norris- who will outplay him?

Stallings and Hall in the post- is there a stronger 2 low team?

Natale is playing well at the PG and some of the boys out there know for a fact he will give them a game.

White and Pierce are scoring well and playing real good ball in the backcourt. Again, some of the boys know White will give them a game.

Haynes has added good height to his already good game and is a mathup problem when he rotates at the 3.

I don't think that Jogles meant anything bad Vikings6 other than calling community fans boneheads. I am sure he doesn't know all the Community fans and he shouldn't have wrote that. You like everyone else has that right to pull for your team and state how you feel. Language like that does get boards closed where we all evidentaly like getting on here and talking to each other and giving each other a hard way to go at times. Although when it's all said and done we should pull for each other against games that doesn't affect us no matter if its a rival team or not. I hope the Vikings and the Champions has a great season and wins most of their games. I do hope that the 4 strongest teams from our District goes to Regionals but that is what upsets are for. Good luck to both Cascade and Community.

I'm sure there's a couple I haven't had the pleasure of meeting. who knows? maybe im dead wrong cascade might drop both of them to community's "very experienced" team, but with 7 seniors on another team in a rivalry game im taking the senior ladened team every time because by now if the seniors dont understand that this game carries more than just district tournment seeding, it will be a long season anyways. good luck to both teams this season . . . quick question is wilder norris back at unionville this year? . . i thought he played for central last year?

Now that was a good point jogles...alot of players have spent the last few years whipping up on our boys and would consider it an insult to loose to us. I think perhaps they mistook the easy wins for a lack of talent on our team; that has never been the case. Good point about the seniors too, that extra layer of experience and desire can turn games. I have seen that intensity with our 2, especially Hull; he is on a mission this year.

Take it from the other side, our boys are tired of loosing big to teams that we should be able to compete with, and this year the boys are ready to prove they belong. That is why the games this year are going to be intense. Win or loose the Viking are not going to be anyones easy win this year. The Marshall paper said that Cornersville's loss to us was "hard to take". I am sure Heritage was expecting an easy game, you could see the suprise on their face when they realized they were in a fight.

Yes on Wilder, and he is playing great ball.

Our PG, although a Jr. has very little experience at the position. He played PF in middle school and had season ending injuries early the last 2 years. But, our new coach was a standout at the position himself and the kid is really starting to look good under his coaching. In fact, I think our guard play overall is going to suprise folks.

Also, a Jr. transfer from out of state (totaly legit move) with a real talent is being held up for elligibility. When he hits the floor it will kick our boys up another notch.

PS..lets bury the hatchet on last year's hard feeling between community and cascade. We can have a good rivalry and compete hard without that nonsense. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />