McKenzie Rebels vs Lake County Falcons

maverick348

Mckenzie has a great football team and should end the season playing for the state title game. I usually do not say anything negative but I thought it was pointless for Mckenzie to throw the football into the endzone with less than 30 seconds left in the game and leading 50 to 0. It seemed like Comer was trying to rub salt in the wound. That kind of thing has way of coming back and biting a team somewhere down the line. Anyway,good luck to Mckenzie in your playoff run.

Like ya'll, we've been bitten many times for no reason in the past so it wouldn't be an odd thing to get bitten for what someone might consider a good reason. But, keep in mind that the B teams need to develop and hone skills too. If you will check the scoreboard in west TN for tonight, it will show MANY games similar to ours. McKenzie took no particular pleasure in tonights game. Our crowd was the smallest I've seen all season and it was disappointing to me that the fans went fair weather on us tonight. But, the Rebels HAVE to stay ready for the playoffs.

On the other side of this, Lake Co. has always been a very class opponent and I've met several pretty nice folks from over ya'lls way since we came back to class A. That's why there was no particular pleasure taken from this game tonight by us. I feel like you can still remember when Lake Co. was the top step on the ladder and were trying to enter the playoffs at ya'lls best!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the playoff wishes and I truly hope all ya'll players are healthy after tonight. Ya'lls bunch gave it all they had and we respect that.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, McKenzie does have a great team on both sides of the ball. Kick off coverage is a little weak for that was our only bright spot all night. Speed kills and the Rebs proved it. It was poor sportsmanship on Mckenzie's coach to keep passing the ball trying to score when they were up 50-0. They had already beat our tails so what was the point? Now our coach didn't even want the cheerleaders on the sideline cheering. He wanted them to get in the stands and cheer. Whoever heard of that. I see he didn't get his way though. Instead of worry about the cheerleaders maybe it would be a good ideal to worry about playing football. The last time we gave up 50 points or more to Mckenzie we did score too and it was 54-53. 50-0 is not Lake County football. When a head coach tells his team at the half that McKenzie was playing like champions and we can't beat them, that's wrong. No motivator. Then when a true born Falcon speaks up for his team and school pride the coach tells him to take off his uniform because he's done for the night is even more wrong. With an attidtude like that coach P no wonder your a looser. Hats off to the Rebs, great speed, sharp QB, and tough defense. Everybody comes to see the offense but defense wins championship and you have both. Good luck in the playoffs.

They were announcing ya'lls score at our house and it really surprised me. I know Trenton is good but, I would have never figured a score like that. But, if it comes to it, you will be most welcome to come support us!!!! (assuming we're still around in the thing!).

One thing that we did learn about Trenton is that if you don't have Harper under wraps by the line of scrimmage or behind it, he'll hurt you eventually and probably often. And he's not all their weapons either.

Harper is with out doubt the best athelete I have seen all year...if he get through the line it is off to the races...I have a feeling McKenzie will be playing long after we are done...good luck

just another night for McKenzie. run the score up again. go trinity. look who tca played and compare. AAA Lexington. who is getting better?

mckenzie will get a dose of there on medicne in week 3 of the playoff.

You really gonna make some competition comparison using Lexington(2-7)??....Only wins against a bad Riverside club and a real bad Chester Coungty team??TCA also beat another 3A team Chester County..What does that mean??..CC finally won a game this week...Against one of the worst 1A teams around in Middleton....

McKenzie may be pouring it on some but they are taking care of themselves...They are trying to stay sharp for the playoffs...Yes,it's a gamble because they could get someone hurt...They won't have much of a competitive game until Round 2 of the playoffs...You don't stay sharp playing a half of football...I heard a commentator during a football game last weekend say if you don't want the score run up on you,you need to play better....McKenzie isn't even worried about who they are playing here the last two or three weeks...They are worried about getting better...

Oh and by the way.....TCA's strength of schedule is ranked at #59...They are ranked at #24......McKenzie's strength of schedule is ranked at #15 and they are ranked at #3 in the power polls......So yeah,who is getting better??

Your coach really told your players that? Wow!! You are right. He is a loser. You never tell your kids to quit. First team or B team or any team. And I saw on the field that they did not. Bogans is a load.

I assure you the intention of throwing the ball just to give our young kids experience. I know how it may appeared but it was not intended that way.

I agree, McKenzie does have a great team on both sides of the ball. Kick off coverage is a little weak for that was our only bright spot all night. Speed kills and the Rebs proved it. It was poor sportsmanship on Mckenzie's coach to keep passing the ball trying to score when they were up 50-0. They had already beat our tails so what was the point? Now our coach didn't even want the cheerleaders on the sideline cheering. He wanted them to get in the stands and cheer. Whoever heard of that. I see he didn't get his way though. Instead of worry about the cheerleaders maybe it would be a good ideal to worry about playing football. The last time we gave up 50 points or more to Mckenzie we did score too and it was 54-53. 50-0 is not Lake County football. When a head coach tells his team at the half that McKenzie was playing like champions and we can't beat them, that's wrong. No motivator. Then when a true born Falcon speaks up for his team and school pride the coach tells him to take off his uniform because he's done for the night is even more wrong. With an attidtude like that coach P no wonder your a looser. Hats off to the Rebs, great speed, sharp QB, and tough defense. Everybody comes to see the offense but defense wins championship and you have both. Good luck in the playoffs.

I Went to The Cascade/JoByrns Game Last Night And I Thought I Was At The Boro. About 3000 People At that Game. WHite House Played On Thursday Night And The Whole Team And Fans Was There As Well. JoByrns Won 22 to 6. Awesome game, Wonderful Atmosphere.

Now My Absence is Of No Implications Of The Game Between Mckenzie And Lake. I Love Lake County And Sorry I Didn't Get Chance To See My Nemisis Bigster. Heard Reports From Mrs Butchie About The Score. And She Said Other Than The Uniforms It Didn't Look Like Lake County At All. Now She Did Report Alot Of Talent On The Team And Boggins Was Huge. But Seemed That Lake Was Out Of Sinc And Skill players Out Of Position.

Now Us Rebels Love Competition As Do Lake Countians. And Last Season Was Special. During The Playoffs While We Was Playing We Was Wondering How Lake Was Doing. And When We Went Down We All Became Lake County Fans. Mckenzie Loves To Win As Does Lake. But We Hope For A Quick Return Of Your Program. Because The Better Our Teams Are In Our Region Makes Us All Stronger.

Good Luck To Lake County, Yall Are Not Out Of It Yet. Right The Ship And Let's Go 8A Is Waiting For Us All In 7A.

just another night for McKenzie. run the score up again. go trinity. look who tca played and compare. AAA Lexington. who is getting better?

mckenzie will get a dose of there on medicne in week 3 of the playoff.

Dude please, Lexington is pathetic!! TCA's beating them is far from "getting better"!!!!! I'm not going to belittle TCA on here, I know they have a good team but...................................................

The only two good teams they played this season both beat them fairly handily. Of course they were AA teams but, the Rebels have beaten two AA teams in Dresden and Huntingdon. True, Dresden isn't all that much (about like Lexington) but Huntingdon, even though not their usual self is another story!!! And we gave Trenton all they wanted when we played them too!!!!!

If the Rebels and TCA play, I expect it to be a heck of a good game but, I don't see where anyone could say that TCA should be favored to win it at this point at all.

monsterman99, like I said before, why don't you just go ahead and say that you are jealous and don't like us!!!!! It's OK really 'cause we just don't care what you think!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Sounds like from that that ya'lls coach is more of a problem than our B/freshman team throwing one maybe two passes in the second half. If I'm not mistaken that is the first time this season that they have attempted a pass and like I said, they need to learn too. I never heard of a coach going THAT far off line in a game and I've experienced some crazy mess thru the years!! If that is all true, that's way bad out of line IMHO.

I noticed Bogan had a bad limp in the end of the first half and didn't see him in the second half. Was he the one who got sat down and how bad was he hurt??? Also, Henson seemed to have hurt a hand or wrist. Is he OK???

monsterman, I don't like getting on here and talking much anymore but for you I'll make the exception.

You're stupid. Not ignorant, you're just stupid. You run your mouth about TCA going to lay a whoopin on McKenzie and you have nothing to compare McKenzie and TCA to.

I'm dying to see who gets their medicine in the playoffs. Hopefully Bethel will still be at home during our playoffs so I can see the game.

If I'm not mistaken, Coach Comer isn't the one who makes the offensive play calls when the B-team and Freshman are in.

Now BigD you should come in and give your opinions more often. They are usually pretty factual like the above fact you mentioned. You can also give us a look inside if you know what I mean.

Now BigD you should come in and give your opinions more often. They are usually pretty factual like the above fact you mentioned. You can also give us a look inside if you know what I mean.

Hey Guy's, This Mckenzie Hater From Gleason is Because Of My Downward Comments of His Beloved Sprout Pullers. I Tend To Add Smack To Upcoming Games And He's Been Mad Since The Gleason game. Him And 10Team have Been Stalking Me Every Since. My Wife Says I Have That Effect On People. These guys Are Fans Of Me. And Thier Remarks Are Because Of Me.

And BigD, You And Chip Don't Post Enough in Here. But Your Insight is Welcomed.

Good Luck Rebels, I Have Seen Alot of Teams Play This Season, Including TCA. And I'm Sure They have Not. Meaning My Fan Club. And Your the Best I Have Seen. JoByrns Has A QB Alot Like Kendal Harper From Trenton. But A Lil Reeder, Cambell, Winstead And Fuzzell Should Tone That Down. I Haven't Seen An Offense Like Ours As Well. There's Not A Running Back Like Ours Either. While I Was At JoByrns I Even Seen Our Head Coach there As Well. And Believe Me It Is Ours For The Taking. South Pitt Or Hampton Will Pose Our Biggest Threat. And I Know Nothing Of Them. So Remain Focused And ignore These Butchie Haters. While Others Are Losing Thier Heads Around You, It's Time To Keep Ours. And Good Luck to You Animal Husbandry Experts From Tater Town. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10