District 10A

irishfan1

Heritage/Petrone has a track record of changing games to find an advantage. I seem to recall it backfired on him the last time.

I think your just jealous because your track record in coaching will never even be comparible to Petrone's. Every coach in this district cant stand him because they cant stand the fact that Heritage started from nowhere and has competed or won a district title every year. Both of these teams (Jo Byrns and Heritage) are in the same county and both were dealing with exams so they decided to play the game at another time so dont act like you know whats going on here and you worry about East Lit or any one at Nashville Christian cause your just assuming you know and you dont so dont come on here giving false info and talking trash about a coach that you cant even compare to. Everyone at NC is just mad cuz Petrone got the job at Vanderbilt over Coach Anderson

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your just jealous because your track record in coaching will never even be comparible to Petrone's. Every coach in this district cant stand him because they cant stand the fact that Heritage started from nowhere and has competed or won a district title every year. Both of these teams (Jo Byrns and Heritage) are in the same county and both were dealing with exams so they decided to play the game at another time so dont act like you know whats going on here and you worry about East Lit or any one at Nashville Christian cause your just assuming you know and you dont so dont come on here giving false info and talking trash about a coach that you cant even compare to. Everyone at NC is just mad cuz Petrone got the job at Vanderbilt over Coach Anderson

I can't take it anymore. I may not be able to sleep tonight.

Nobody is jealous of WHH's coach...Especially not Coach Anderson im sure he is probably happy at NCS being 15-1...The only loss coming from a team in the tourney in Flordia...

Seems things are getting heated in here. I understand allregionpatriot#3 sticking up for his old coach, but there have been lots of things happen behind closed doors that he doesn't know about. But that does not apply only to Coach Petrone. I think CoachF is simply stating a fact, one that is hard to aknowledge if your a Patriot. The shifting of the date of the East Lit game a couple of years ago was karma in action. That game ultimately cost WHH a trip to the region, in a year they could have gone to state. I won't say much more, but there was a HEATED discussion between 10A coaches about that switch and others in the district that did not involve Petrone. We reap what we sow. The truth is he is a very good coach. He teaches his boys well and they play hard. I can't think of too many coaches I would want over him when it comes to managing a close 4th quarter in a big game.

10A has been loaded with good coaches - Fay (doing a great job in 9AA by the way) and Murphy took teams to state, Coach Anderson has a stellar track record at a school with a very small enrollment, Ross has seen much success, Baggett is excellent as well, Smith has Clarksville Academy playing well and competing nightly and Carlisle has more wins than any of them (I think it is an embarrassment that someone started a thread questioning him - what a joke). The truth is that all these guys are loaded with personality and pride and they work hard. While most of them have burned a bridge or two we should be commending them all for the quality of their programs and the fact that each has created an environment where their kids are challenged and successful. The funny thing is knowing Petrone a bit I am sure he'd get a kick out of all this talk. It always seemed to me he enjoyed being the straw that stirred the drink - some guys like the black hat, and sometimes that hat isn't really as black as we think. I love following this district and whle I don't make it to many games anymore I am sure the quality and intensity are as high as ever.

Good luck to all.

District games this week

NCS plays CA on tuesday and McEwen on friday.

WHH plays JBS on monday and CA on friday

CA plays NCS on tuesday and WHH on friday

JBS plays WHH on monday and HC on friday

ER plays no district games this week

HC plays Jo Byrns on friday.

MC plays NCS on friday.

District Standings as of 1/8/08

District record....Overall record

NCS 5-0 17-1.............play McEwen on friday.

ER 5-2 9-5.................play no district games the rest of the week

WHH 4-2 7-4..............play CA on friday

JBS 3-3 8-8................play HC on friday.

CA 2-4 9-4.................play WHH on friday.

MC 1-4 8-6.................play NCS on friday.

HC 0-5 4-9.................play JB on friday.

If NCS wins the McEwen on friday, if I am recalling right then they would have beaten every team in the district at least once. Is that right?