District 10A

irishfan1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not 100% sure but I think NCS will lose 5 starters and the other senior #40. SCRAPMAN and for your comment about NCS taking state that would be awesome and I would love to see that. Coach Anderson is approaching 1,000 wins does anyone have the exact number he is at after the WHH game?

That is correct.

And, he needs 6 wins, with 2 games left, plus potential 2 in district tournament, and potential 3 in region tournament, plus potentially more.

I got a quick question, this is girls and I couldnt find a 10-A board on girls board so Im gonna ask yall.

What the most fouls by 2 teams yall have seen or heard about in a game, Jo Byrns v. East Robertson girls game Fri. nite had like 45-50 if not more fouls but it went into 1 OT. 5 girls fouled out and 4 other girls had 4 fouls each.

NCS is an really good team for middle tennessee...as far as taking state I don't know... The have done really well so far, but have played suspect competetion compared to teams like Union City, Manassas, and a few other west tennessee teams... NCS will have somewhat of a cake walk through Disticts and Regionals with the slim chance of an upset.... The first real challenge will be a substate game against Moore Co. or Culleoka... If they can take care of them then they are will be off to state... but this is a whole new game with several different styles of play... you will find experienced teams there like UC, CSAS, Grace Baptist, Pickett Co., Humbolt, etc... there will be fast paced ball with teams like UC, Manasss... and you could face teams with extreme height in Manassas, Humbolt, Pickett Co. Grace Baptist.... Taking district and region is one thing, but in the state is about talent, experience, coaching, and the ability to make the other team play your style of ball... I am not saying if NCS does make I will not go for them, because I probably will be as they are in the same district as McEwen, but that is a whole new level that they have yet to experience...

I agree totally, they have all the components of a state team... but so do about all of the other teams that make it that far... I think it will be hard for a team like NCS to play teams like UC and Manassas... Manassas will have way more talent than NCS will and that will create a issue, as they have not see much talent in middle tennessee, maybe at the florida tournament but i reallly don't know... I think UC will be an even worse match up for them, for the fact that NCS relies on the 3, and when you do that two things play major roles.... a long shot creates perimeter rebounding with UC playing run and gun this will fall right into they're style of ball, and everyone obviously has heard live by the three die by the three... So if NCS gets off rolling, they will be tough to handle for anyone... but if they struggle shooting out of the gate, they could fall behind and have a hard time catching up to a team that throws up 80+ a game... One of the flaws that I think NCS has had throughout the year is that they are not getting Davidson enough touches inside... it seems that he could play a much bigger role than he already does, and he may be called on to score alot more if the long range shots are not falling... I realize at the beginning of the year he was having decent scoring nights, but if is hard to come around if you have been playing another role on the team...

great record but for me i would rather go 23-10 and win the state vs. 29-2 and not even go... balanced scoring is key... I do not want you to get me wrong I go for D10 all the way as long as some D10 isn't playing McEwen... I am just saying that record really doesn't matter all that much...especially when you get somewhat deep in the post season... each game means everything at that point, and reg season means nothing... the great thing about hs basketball playoffs anyone can win and move on... you can lose and still be in it in the end... All this is talk though... the only 4 games that matter out of anyone's schedule is the first round of the district, the first two rounds of region, and the substate... win those and everything is pie... lose and you were no better than a .500 team...

I agree it really doesnt matter becasue a 7 win team could win state and a 30-1 team could not get out of district tourney.

7 wins...1 in district tourney, 2 in region tourney, 1 sub-state,3 game sin state tourney.

1 lose...lose in first round of district.

So I agree reg. season means nothing ither than district seeds and thats about all.

I agree with the scoreing and Davidson. A couple of years ago NCS was a .500 team and finished 4th in the district relying mostly on the 3. Then in the district tounement started getting Givens the ball down low and Frazier also got hot they were able to make it to Sub-State and should have won that game being a .500 team in the regular season.