District 10A

irishfan1

I think that this will be a big measuring stick for McEwen Tuesday against NCS... last time they played them somewhat close and got beat by 12, NCS was up the whole game by 6-8... McEwen has come on as of late and going into a harsh environment playing a tough team is just what they need before the post season... McEwen always plays NCS a tight game, and it will be intresting to see if McEwen brings their A game, how they will play with NCS... McEwen will have to play four quarters to win this one... gook luck warriors....

McEwen's A game for 4 quarters..... McEwen... win/lose by 4

McEwen do anything besides this.....McEwen... lose by 10+

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS is an really good team for middle tennessee...as far as taking state I don't know... The have done really well so far, but have played suspect competetion compared to teams like Union City, Manassas, and a few other west tennessee teams... NCS will have somewhat of a cake walk through Disticts and Regionals with the slim chance of an upset.... The first real challenge will be a substate game against Moore Co. or Culleoka... If they can take care of them then they are will be off to state... but this is a whole new game with several different styles of play... you will find experienced teams there like UC, CSAS, Grace Baptist, Pickett Co., Humbolt, etc... there will be fast paced ball with teams like UC, Manasss... and you could face teams with extreme height in Manassas, Humbolt, Pickett Co. Grace Baptist.... Taking district and region is one thing, but in the state is about talent, experience, coaching, and the ability to make the other team play your style of ball... I am not saying if NCS does make I will not go for them, because I probably will be as they are in the same district as McEwen, but that is a whole new level that they have yet to experience...

If you think NCS is going to cakewalk through Van Buren or Eagleville then you are kidding yourself. NCS has not played a tough schedule. If Van Buren/Eagleville beat NCS it will not be an upset.

VB is pretty tough, Eagleville may not make it past the first round of regions... This may be a dumb opinion, but hey its mine... I think that Clarksville Acad. and McEwen will give Eagleville all they want if not beat them in the first round... I guess cakewalk would be sort of an overstatement because I did disregard VB for the moment... NCS will more than likely beat them though... like i said this is my opinion...

VB is pretty tough, Eagleville may not make it past the first round of regions... This may be a dumb opinion, but hey its mine... I think that Clarksville Acad. and McEwen will give Eagleville all they want if not beat them in the first round... I guess cakewalk would be sort of an overstatement because I did disregard VB for the moment... NCS will more than likely beat them though... like i said this is my opinion...

Thats what I expect from somebody in the other district. You dont really know much about our teams this season. Like you probably dont expect much out of Community. But I think Community could get into the region and win a game. As far as Eagleville, you are probably unaware that they finally have a full roster. They have had players miss for different reasons. This is the first time all year they have everyone playing I believe. They are scary. You are worried about Van Buren but not Eagleville? You might change your mind after their game tomorrow.

Community could win a game in the regions, but anyone could right now....all you have to do is win one district game and one region game....wow... not much of an acomplishment in my book... Do I see Community beating NCS, ER, CA, or McEwen, NO...not in the least bit..Eagleville has a big, big team... but when you play a team like NCS, they will make the big men work on the defensive side of the ball... they have a line up of a decent point guard and 3 6'6'' guys.... most of the time the only real scoring threats from them are Lillard and the pg... the other guys are just plane big...but this will be a problem for them... they will have to go with a smaller line up against NCS, becasue the big guys will not be able to cover the shooters of NCS... and rebounding wise... that really will not help either... NCS shoots the 3 a lot... with the the comes perimeter rebounds, which can take away for the fundamental blocking out of any team and the size that Eagleville has... NCS's coach I am sure has taught them well on the perimeter rebounding game and what all it encompasses... In matching up against Eagleville two best players Lillard and the pg... NCS has Anderson (probably district mvp and you have davidson 6'4'' and thick... Really this is all talk and it doesn't matter but this may this matchup of NCS-Eagleville may happen in the second round of the region... do not be suprised if what I say plays a big factor in the game... As far as comparing regions go with teams

E'ville 1-1 against 2 of the worse teams

Forrest 0-3

VB has not played a D10 team...

Community 0-1

FC Boyd 0-2

MTCS has not played a D10 team...

Cascade 0-1

a combined record of 1-8, that district sounds lethal... I realize that this means nothing come regions, but this is the only thing you have to go by... I guess that we will just have to wait and see...

Community could win a game in the regions, but anyone could right now....all you have to do is win one district game and one region game....wow... not much of an acomplishment in my book... Do I see Community beating NCS, ER, CA, or McEwen, NO...not in the least bit..Eagleville has a big, big team... but when you play a team like NCS, they will make the big men work on the defensive side of the ball... they have a line up of a decent point guard and 3 6'6'' guys.... most of the time the only real scoring threats from them are Lillard and the pg... the other guys are just plane big...but this will be a problem for them... they will have to go with a smaller line up against NCS, becasue the big guys will not be able to cover the shooters of NCS... and rebounding wise... that really will not help either... NCS shoots the 3 a lot... with the the comes perimeter rebounds, which can take away for the fundamental blocking out of any team and the size that Eagleville has... NCS's coach I am sure has taught them well on the perimeter rebounding game and what all it encompasses... In matching up against Eagleville two best players Lillard and the pg... NCS has Anderson (probably district mvp and you have davidson 6'4'' and thick... Really this is all talk and it doesn't matter but this may this matchup of NCS-Eagleville may happen in the second round of the region... do not be suprised if what I say plays a big factor in the game... As far as comparing regions go with teams

Forrest 0-3

Community 0-1

FC Boyd 0-2

Cascade 0-1

a combined record of 1-8, that region sounds lethal... I realize that this means nothing come regions, but this is the only thing you have to go by... I guess that we will just have to wait and see...

Extremly good point.

Forrest 0-3

Community 0-1

FC Boyd 0-2

Cascade 0-1

a combined record of 1-8, that region sounds lethal... I realize that this means nothing come regions, but this is the only thing you have to go by... I guess that we will just have to wait and see...

Not only do they shoot the 3 alot they make the 3 alot. When they get hot they could beat anyone in state.

Forrest 0-3

Community 0-1

FC Boyd 0-2

Cascade 0-1

a combined record of 1-8, that district sounds lethal... I realize that this means nothing come regions, but this is the only thing you have to go by... I guess that we will just have to wait and see...

You did some excellent research on the schedules and the rosters. The difference is that you have not seen these teams play and it is obvious in your explanation of the teams. Eagleville is tall and thats all? You would not say that if you have seen them. Their game against Jo Byrns was not at full strength. I have a feeling you will see a different outcome when they play this week. I think it is Friday. Eagleville can cover the three better than Van Buren. They are much more athletic than Van Buren. I never said the middle of this district was very good. So those records dont mean much. Chapel Hill and Cascade are down. We are on the way up but still building. I think Van Buren, Eagleville, and Nash Chr are all the best teams in this region. But I think they are all about equal and do not think Nash Chr has an advantage on either of them.

I'm curious, who did e'ville get back, Lillard or Porter, if not then this player is probably at best 3rd best on the team... can you give me a starting lineup...ppg...rbp...name...ht...etc... The fact is most of the time when a player gets back to the team it takes a while for them to get back into the swing of things... and it also takes a while for the team do develop around that player when he is in the game... As far as VB, i know they have two big scorers but I really don't know anything else about them...