Cumberland Gap (8-0) at Gatlinburg Pittman (8-1) WHO WINS?

USCfootball

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> HEY BOY'S AT THE GAP JUST REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND KICK SOME BUTT FRIDAY NIGHT.......

Certainly, CG may win. They've got a good team. GP, by most accounts, has a better team than last year's team. The same players that were on that Cumberland Gap field last year will be lining up at Hammonds Field Friday night. CG knows what they are going to face because they faced it last year at home. I'd say both teams are improved from where they were last year at this time.................

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly, CG may win. They've got a good team. GP, by most accounts, has a better team than last year's team. The same players that were on that Cumberland Gap field last year will be lining up at Hammonds Field Friday night. CG knows what they are going to face because they faced it last year at home. I'd say both teams are improved from where they were last year at this time.................

Im not so sure this year's GP team is better than last year's, but that's a moot point. One intangible that GP has in their favor is tradition. GP has won the region every year except one since these seniors were in elementary school; knowing how to win goes a long way in winning. It should also be noted that GP's results against some teams, e.g., South Greene, are a result of the slew of injuries that have been suffered in recent weeks. With as many as 6 starters missing (with each playing on both sides of the ball), GP was happy to just survive with a win. With a healthy team this week, they are going to prove to be a handful for the Gap.

Im not so sure this year's GP team is better than last year's, but that's a moot point. One intangible that GP has in their favor is tradition. GP has won the region every year except one since these seniors were in elementary school; knowing how to win goes a long way in winning. It should also be noted that GP's results against some teams, e.g., South Greene, are a result of the slew of injuries that have been suffered in recent weeks. With as many as 6 starters missing (with each playing on both sides of the ball), GP was happy to just survive with a win. With a healthy team this week, they are going to prove to be a handful for the Gap.

What will make this team better than last years is if they can advance well into the playoffs. This team is definitely more balanced than last years and they have played a slightly tougher schedule. GP will win tommorrow night by controlling the clock and keeping turnovers to a bare minimum. Eagle is right on about the GP tradition. Tradition means one heck of alot in a big game environment when everthing is on the line. Bulldog has been there and done that and I expect it will continue. I do think that CG has a fantastic offense for TN high school football. I think GP's defense is better than CG's and we all know what they say about defense and championships. I hope Ogle has better touch on his deep ball. He has been very good on intermediate passes but has under/over thrown the deepball frequently. Its almost here and I am looking forward to it. Regards

I understand that on any given friday the worst eam can beat the best team according to the game u have, but you can't just look at the Rut/GP Rut/Claib. and the Claib./CG games look at GP/SG and CG/SG and all the other games but that don't matter this is the present and i guess we will find out who comes outon top on friday.

CG was better than I expected. GP didn't really get on track till second half. GP's pass defense did an outstanding job against a great CG offensive scheme. That offense is exciting to watch. Dyer and Pittser were workhorses. Not GP's best game, but a solid performance. CG will win some playoff games. They're a good team. Best of luck to both schools during the playoffs. Never know, we may meet again.

CG was better than I expected. GP didn't really get on track till second half. GP's pass defense did an outstanding job against a great CG offensive scheme. That offense is exciting to watch. Dyer and Pittser were workhorses. Not GP's best game, but a solid performance. CG will win some playoff games. They're a good team. Best of luck to both schools during the playoffs. Never know, we may meet again.

That was quite a game, people would certainly want too see these two again, its worth the 6 bucks any day.hope the CG QB is alright he is a good player. When you pass as much as CG it makes for a long game, but they both played hard all night. GP has a heck of a team, over come as least a 100 plus in pentlies that QB drew them off sides all night. GP has never give up attitude they fight like a bulldog where'd they get that ,Great Game Coach Hammonds.