Morristown West @ Volunteer

flyinfalcon

For volunteer to win the total conference title they would have to beat west and cherokee and greeneville would also need to lose both of their game Davy Crockett and also Mo East. If Volunteer were to win this week and greeneville lose then the next week they both win the the next week they would be co-champs regardless of greeneville beating volunteer now greenville would still be the first seed in the conference because they resort to the game for tie breaker in that situation for play-offs but they would be co-champs that would be HUGH for volunteer so as i see it volunteer don't only have senior night to look forward to they still can see atleast co-champs in grabbing distance one small fall by greeneville and a good game by volunteer friday it is very well reachable!

Go Falcons!

Go WASP!

-Ed Smith

to sum it up you have a snow balls chance in helI. I would be more worried about getting past Mo West right now then were you stand in the playoffs. Im telling you Greeneville made them nice an mad for yall ( in other words we kicked the bee hive then past it to you)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For volunteer to win the total conference title they would have to beat west and cherokee and greeneville would also need to lose both of their game Davy Crockett and also Mo East. If Volunteer were to win this week and greeneville lose then the next week they both win the the next week they would be co-champs regardless of greeneville beating volunteer now greenville would still be the first seed in the conference because they resort to the game for tie breaker in that situation for play-offs but they would be co-champs that would be HUGH for volunteer so as i see it volunteer don't only have senior night to look forward to they still can see atleast co-champs in grabbing distance one small fall by greeneville and a good game by volunteer friday it is very well reachable!

Go Falcons!

Go WASP!

-Ed Smith

While the possibility of Volunteer at least sharing the conference crown is a mathmatical possibility, it's more of a fantasy; so, let's talk about the game with West. It's very likely that the winner this Friday will probably be 2nd seed going into the playoffs and a home game in the first round.

These two teams are close statistically speaking and Volunteer has their best chance to beat a West team in quite a while. In fact, I'm am not sure if Volunteer has ever beaten West but I'll let one of the Falcon faithful comment on that. The Falcons have played very well at home amassing a 3-1 record (losing only to Su. East back in August); although, neither team as yet has yet beaten a team with a winning percentage over .500. West, on the other hand, brings a 2-2 road record into the contest.

Senior night is special and I know that emotions will be high in Church Hill but if West can effectively balance their traditional ground game with their "newly found" passing attack, I do not see the Falcons winning this one. West by 13.

to sum it up you have a snow balls chance in helI. I would be more worried about getting past Mo West right now then were you stand in the playoffs. Im telling you Greeneville made them nice an mad for yall ( in other words we kicked the bee hive then past it to you)

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I love it when the pieces fall into place and a plan comes togather. GO FALCONS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I never said they are not worried about this week. Volunteer can't just over look west cause that would be stupid seeing as how they have never beat west ever in school history. What i was saying with just one break along the way its possible but really what would be great just a first game in the playoffs at home and have a great possibility to win volunteer first playoff game ever but playoffs are still three weeks away so nothing to worry about now let worry about west this week then cherokee next its one game at a time.

While the possibility of Volunteer at least sharing the conference crown is a mathmatical possibility, it's more of a fantasy; so, let's talk about the game with West. It's very likely that the winner this Friday will probably be 2nd seed going into the playoffs and a home game in the first round.

These two teams are close statistically speaking and Volunteer has their best chance to beat a West team in quite a while. In fact, I'm am not sure if Volunteer has ever beaten West but I'll let one of the Falcon faithful comment on that. The Falcons have played very well at home amassing a 3-1 record (losing only to Su. East back in August); although, neither team as yet has yet beaten a team with a winning percentage over .500. West, on the other hand, brings a 2-2 road record into the contest.

Senior night is special and I know that emotions will be high in Church Hill but if West can effectively balance their traditional ground game with their "newly found" passing attack, I do not see the Falcons winning this one. West by 13.

What does it matter if Volunteer has never beaten West, that is history this is now. Whose to say how this will

turn out. We do know Volunteer is more ready ...............so maybe we all need to quit predicting and wait to see

how the last games play out. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> GO FALCONS :

What does it matter if Volunteer has never beaten West, that is history this is now. Whose to say how this will

turn out. We do know Volunteer is more ready ...............so maybe we all need to quit predicting and wait to see

how the last games play out. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> GO FALCONS :

You are correct, there is no way to predict the outcome of this game. As for Volunteer never beating West, the only positive for West is how that will play into the heads of Volunteer. To say that it is an advantage is perhaps too strong a word, but to have that sword hanging over Volunteer's heads does provide some mental advantage for West. It is not enough of an advantage to quantify, but it will be on the minds of the Volunteer team. Unfortunately for West, this is a talented Volunteer team who may be able to handle this little bit of trivia.

If West's offense comes out strong from the opening possession, West will win. If West has alot of 3 and outs, West will lose. West defense can play with Volunteer, but not on a short field. I have seen improvement all year from all aspects of West's game, but it is time to put it together. If we can play a complete game, West will win. However, if we make mistakes Volunteer will take advantage of them and they will win. As the old saying goes Volunteer is not the pushover they were in your father's day (I know it is supposed to be grandfather's, but Volunteer has not been around long enough for that to be true).

Didn't mean to ruffle all of your feathers there, Tomahawk! I was simply wanting to know if Volunteer has ever beaten West. I do not have the series history from before Volunteer came down to region 2 and thought a Falcon fan may know. If not, I stated that they may have one of their best opportunities this year to do so.

You are correct, there is no way to predict the outcome of this game. As for Volunteer never beating West, the only positive for West is how that will play into the heads of Volunteer. To say that it is an advantage is perhaps too strong a word, but to have that sword hanging over Volunteer's heads does provide some mental advantage for West. It is not enough of an advantage to quantify, but it will be on the minds of the Volunteer team. Unfortunately for West, this is a talented Volunteer team who may be able to handle this little bit of trivia.

If West's offense comes out strong from the opening possession, West will win. If West has alot of 3 and outs, West will lose. West defense can play with Volunteer, but not on a short field. I have seen improvement all year from all aspects of West's game, but it is time to put it together. If we can play a complete game, West will win. However, if we make mistakes Volunteer will take advantage of them and they will win. As the old saying goes Volunteer is not the pushover they were in your father's day (I know it is supposed to be grandfather's, but Volunteer has not been around long enough for that to be true).

Volunteer is more than ready for a win and I doubt that MW will have any mental advantage since there is no

sword over their head as you say. The Falcons also have improved and no they will not be a pushover, again

let it be known they are READY. Fans are READY and WAITING. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GO FALCONS

The defining moment for the "new" Volunteer football program has arrived.

Much has been said and hoped for with the Falcons over the past few years. With the arrival of Rider, the maturity and development of a the best senior class in the last 10 years, and an explosion of fan interest and support - the time is now.

Not only do I think Volunteer will beat Mo-West, they really must.

The program is at a cross roads and upcoming talent is solid but not great. This is their year. When Volunteer wins, they will help to create a parity in R-II 4A that has not existed in a long time. But do the Falcons have what it takes to exorcise the demons? The road to respectability in R-II 4A goes through Mo-West just like the road in R-I 4A historically goes through THS. A Falcon loss will simply brand this group as another group from Church Hill Middle School who could compete with Vance, Sevier, or Colonial Heights on Tuesdays but could not develop and close the deal on Fridays.

A win will propel the program. A loss will result in the "same ole Volunteer".

Go Falcons!

A comparison:

West Points For 152 (19/game) Points Against 140 (17.5/game), Conference Points For 126 (25.2/game) Points Against 56 (11.2/game), West is 3-1 against common opponents, Points For 98 (24.5/game) Points Against 49 (12.3.game), Opponents Record 37-28

Volunteer Points For 183 (22.9/game) Points Against 136 (17/game), Conference Points For 99 (19.8/game) Points Against 59 (11.8/game), Volunteer is 3-1 against common opponents, Points For 80 (20.0/game) Points Against 39 (9.8/game), Opponents Record 35-28