Region 5-3A Standings (Heading Into Week Nine)

Big Country

HERE IS THE REGION OUTLOOK HEADING INTO WEEK 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.) David Lipscomb Mustangs: 7-1 Overall (5-0 Region)

1.) Marshall Co. Tigers: 7-1 Overall (5-0 Region)

3.) Giles Co. Bobcats: 6-2 Overall (4-1 Region)

4.) Cheatham Co. Cubs: 2-6 Overall (2-3 Region)

5.) Creek Wood Red Hawks: 4-4 Overall (2-3 Region)

6.) Page Patriots: 2-6 Overall (1-4 Region)

7.) Spring Hill Raiders: 1-7 Overall (1-4 Region)

8.) Montgomery Central Indians: 0-8 Overall (0-5 Region)

WEEK 9 PREVIEW

Marshall Co. at David Lipscomb: The Mustangs took a step closer to a third straight region title last week in beating Giles Co. 35-3. Marshall Co. is still even with David Lipscomb and these final two games will tell a lot about whether or not they can really win the region title. Giles Co. needs for a Marshall Co. win in this one + they have to win out in order to potentially make this a three-way race.

Montgomery Central at Cheatham Co.: The Cubs have won two in a row following a slow start to the season. If the playoffs were to begin today they'd be in because they've beaten both Spring Hill & Creek Wood. There are still two weeks to go. Montgomery Central has lost 25/26 games and would love nothing better than to spoil Cheatham's playoff hopes.

Creek Wood at Giles Co.: The Red Hawks & the Bobcats hook up in Pulaski both coming fresh off of tough losses this past week on their own home fields. Creek Wood is still tied for the final playoff seed and has a great opportunity to get in the postseason. Giles Co. must win this game at home if they want to have any chance of hosting a playoff game at home once the postseason begins. They still have outside region title hopes alive as well though they do need some help from Marshall Co. this week.

Page at Spring Hill: The Patriots & the Raiders both enter week nine at 1-4 in region play and both teams sit just one game out of the playoffs with two weeks to play. This is simple because it is a "playoff eliminator" which means that the winner is still in the hunt but the loser is done.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will all of next week's region games take place on Friday night???? I have heard several rumors that a game or two may be moved to Thursday night next week. I also believe that it's traditionally that games in the midstate area are played on Thursday nights in Weeks 8, 9, & 10.

Good Luck to everyone and here's to another great week of football. Keep those scores coming in so we can all do our best to stay well on top of the situation as far as Region 5-3A football is concerned /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Will all of next week's region games take place on Friday night???? I have heard several rumors that a game or two may be moved to Thursday night next week. I also believe that it's traditionally that games in the midstate area are played on Thursday nights in Weeks 8, 9, & 10.

Good Luck to everyone and here's to another great week of football. Keep those scores coming in so we can all do our best to stay well on top of the situation as far as Region 5-3A football is concerned /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

what more does middle tennessee football want to see??? i dont care what anybody says this is a great region!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have got to admit that I am happy to see some drama here at the end. Creekwood's loss to Cheatham surprised me and made the race for the 4th spot interesting. I would say the cubs have the inside track with the "automatic Indian win" coming this week. Giles' performance was disappointing. I am interested to see how competitive Marshall is with Lipscomb.

BC, just wondering. What would haveto happen for Spring Hill to get in the playoffs?

Oh, by the way. Barring anything unseen, David Lipscomb won't have any problems with Marshall County.

Win out against Page & Creek Wood.

Creek Wood has to lose to Giles this week as well.

Cheatham would have to lose to Page next week.

IT'S A MUST WIN FOR YOUR RAIDERS!!!! IS THE GAME ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY NIGHT???? I WOULDN'T MIND SEEING THIS ONE IN PERSON /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Creek Wood has a good shot I think. Giles Co. is sometimes suspect against the run. Creek Wood can run the football. If Dollard is doing better this week and you can combine him at 100% with Elliott, Bell, & Stokes then Creek Wood could be a scary thought for the Giles Co. defense.

Also Giles Co. is coming off of a huge emotional letdown against David Lipscomb where they were hammered on "The Big Stage". This game could have the same effect as the game of two years ago had. Creek Wood that year got hammered in their big game against David Lipscomb. The following week they reached an all-time high by beating Cheatham Co. (to earn a home field playoff game). The emotional letdown came the next week when the Red Hawks went to Pulaski and fell behind big in the early stages before their rally ran out of time late.

GILES COUNTY IS ON UPSET ALERT THIS WEEK!!!!!

Win out against Page & Creek Wood.

Creek Wood has to lose to Giles this week as well.

Cheatham would have to lose to Page next week.

IT'S A MUST WIN FOR YOUR RAIDERS!!!! IS THE GAME ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY NIGHT???? I WOULDN'T MIND SEEING THIS ONE IN PERSON /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Game is on Friday. Wouldn't the scenario you said give Cheatham the nod because we would both be 3-4 in the region with Cheatham owning the tie breaker?

Creek Wood has a good shot I think. Giles Co. is sometimes suspect against the run. Creek Wood can run the football. If Dollard is doing better this week and you can combine him at 100% with Elliott, Bell, & Stokes then Creek Wood could be a scary thought for the Giles Co. defense.

Also Giles Co. is coming off of a huge emotional letdown against David Lipscomb where they were hammered on "The Big Stage". This game could have the same effect as the game of two years ago had. Creek Wood that year got hammered in their big game against David Lipscomb. The following week they reached an all-time high by beating Cheatham Co. (to earn a home field playoff game). The emotional letdown came the next week when the Red Hawks went to Pulaski and fell behind big in the early stages before their rally ran out of time late.

GILES COUNTY IS ON UPSET ALERT THIS WEEK!!!!!

That 2005 game of Cw vs. Giles was a wild one... Cw went in at the half down by like 30 and ended coming back and losing by a few despite having 3 or 4 touchdowns called back on bad penalties!!!! Anyone remember this???? Cw needs to get a win this week!!!!!

The Game is on Friday. Wouldn't the scenario you said give Cheatham the nod because we would both be 3-4 in the region with Cheatham owning the tie breaker?

You are right. Spring Hill needs for the Cubs to lose this week against Montgomery Central as well.

Hey bulldog I will write them down and post them later this evening. BY THE WAY, did you call the radio station last week and give me a score update through the guy who was prompting for us back at the station. IF THAT WAS YOU THEN THANKS BECAUSE IT WAS A BIG HELP!!!!! If you are going to the Page at Spring Hill game this week then call the station anytime this week and get my cell # from someone down there. Ask for "Corky' when you call and tell him that you want my number. I'd love to get some score updates from that game while we are playing Montgomery Central this week. I'll already be getting score updates from the Marshall Co.-David Lipscomb & Creek Wood-Giles Co. games.

THANKS AGAIN!!!! If that wasn't you and you are going anyway then call the station because we'd love to get you on board with this thing. The number down there is (615) 792-6789.