Coffee County at Goodpasture

RaiderRat

Can someone from Coffee County give me a profile of Robbie Gonzales? Who's recruiting him? Is he leaning towards a particular school? What's his style of play? Is he just a big kid taking up space or is he a beast, blessed with great size and tenacity? Also, does Coffee County pass at all or do they run it 99.9% of the time? Whoever responds, thanks for the info.

stands around 6-foot-10 320-330-pounds ... great run blocker but lacks in his pass blocking. Blessed with great size and used to struggle with co-ordination but has improved DRAMATICALLY each year. He has gotten much quicker off the ball each year and more of a football attitude every season. Last I heard he has his eyes set on Tennessee.....also ...I wouldn't say Coffee County runs it 99.9% of the time...more like 85-15 .... Fullback Justin Kanjanabout over 1000 yards on the season. Blake Tinsley, wingback, over 700 yards and another Wingback, Michael Goins, over 600 yards. Also have Ethan Henley who has missed 7 1/2 games this season who has over 100 yards and 3 touchdowns.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stands around 6-foot-10 320-330-pounds ... great run blocker but lacks in his pass blocking. Blessed with great size and used to struggle with co-ordination but has improved DRAMATICALLY each year. He has gotten much quicker off the ball each year and more of a football attitude every season. Last I heard he has his eyes set on Tennessee.....also ...I wouldn't say Coffee County runs it 99.9% of the time...more like 85-15 .... Fullback Justin Kanjanabout over 1000 yards on the season. Blake Tinsley, wingback, over 700 yards and another Wingback, Michael Goins, over 600 yards. Also have Ethan Henley who has missed 7 1/2 games this season who has over 100 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Thanks. The reason I asked about the run/pass ratio was to get an idea on how GP will defend CC. In GP's state championship victory against Martin Westview (when Justin Harrell played for Westview) GP stacked the line of scrimmage. In fact, it wasn't 8 men in the box it was more like all 11 on the line daring Westview to throw. In that game Westview never threw and GP shut down the run. I realize that was a few years ago and there's different personnel and there's been some defensive coaching changes for GP. I was curious to see if CC passed enough to keep people honest. If you're rushing for 300 yards a game you're not passing much.

GP doesn't pass much either. Although, when they do, their receivers are dependable and their backs are good in space once they catch the ball. Should be an interesting match-up.