Region 2 Tournament

akula21

I won't discuss the game between CAK and Alcoa since I coach for one of teams involved, but I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the other match, Catholic @ Seymour. I know traditionally, this would be an easy one to pick, but seymour has come along way in the last two seasons and is playing some good soccer. I understand that Catholic had some bad injury problems early in the season, is everyone back? I know about Gretchen, but not much else. I'm calling this one a toss up. Catholic has played a crazy schedule and will be ready, but Seymour has some great young talent and they play well together and will be highly motivated. Good luck to both teams. Still seems like East Tennessee is where the best soccer is at.

Catholic does play a harder schedule, but with mixed results. They only played one similar opponent (Knox West) and the result was fairly similar (0-2 and 1-3). I think this may be Seymour's best chance, though I still give a slight edge to Catholic.

Akula, I will see you on Tuesday if you get there by 5:30. Still looking forward to our Midnight Madness game!!!

( I understand that Catholic had some bad injury problems early in the season, is everyone back?)

Catholic has everyone back playing and they finally have positions settled and have gotten used to playing together. Seymour had a good team last year so if they have improved this should be a very close game.

CAK outplayed us, they are very good, our girls have a lot to learn and the only way they can learn it is against the best. My hat's off to CAK, even in sloppy conditions they adjusted well and were able to find the back of the net. I thought we needed to play amazing and have CAK play poorly to have a chance for the win and they wouldn't have it. I'd be very suprised if they didn't repeat. Very strong program, like anyone neede me to say that. But I have to mention some praise for our girls. This was a rebuilding year that we began not knowing if we would have enough to even field a team when we started training. Suddenly, a bunch of young players started showing up and we ended with the largest roster we have had since I have been there. This is only our 6th season of having soccer at Alcoa and we were much less skilled than other teams we have had here. I am very proud to have been part of this team. WELL DONE LADIES!!!!

CAK outplayed us, they are very good, our girls have a lot to learn and the only way they can learn it is against the best. My hat's off to CAK, even in sloppy conditions they adjusted well and were able to find the back of the net. I thought we needed to play amazing and have CAK play poorly to have a chance for the win and they wouldn't have it. I'd be very suprised if they didn't repeat. Very strong program, like anyone neede me to say that. But I have to mention some praise for our girls. This was a rebuilding year that we began not knowing if we would have enough to even field a team when we started training. Suddenly, a bunch of young players started showing up and we ended with the largest roster we have had since I have been there. This is only our 6th season of having soccer at Alcoa and we were much less skilled than other teams we have had here. I am very proud to have been part of this team. WELL DONE LADIES!!!!

It certainly says something that a small school like Alcoa has students willing to build a program. We have a couple of 1,000 student plus schools in NE Tenn that can't come close to fielding teams.