Hickman County VS. East Hickman

eaglepride

Well the time has come for the 2 Schools to meet, I can say this, many of these kids grew up together, many are related to each other,they have played football,baseball and basketball with each other all thier lives, this is the rivalry that will last for many many years to come. The kids from East Hickman will probably play their toughest ,hardest fought game to date on this night. I hope this is a good clean game with no injuries, Go East..

East will look like a bar of soap after a half-day warshing

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad to hear that coming from a player!!!!! That is classy!!! Lets see if thats what really happens!!! bc everyone knows that Hickman is gonna run it up on East bc they know they can!!!!! That is not taken lightly by the opposing team and wont be forgotten!!!!!

Who says Hickman will run it up? Don't sell them short on class just because they have been capable of beating some teams badly this year. I can guarantee they will run the ball hard and run the ball often. East does have to stop them defensively at some point. HC is not going to throw anything fancy at them just for the sake of beating East badly. But don't expect them to show any sympathy if East can't stop them. HC coming off the loss to Lewis County doesn't make things any easier for the Eagles. I think that will play a larger role in motivating the Dawgs than the fact that they are playing East. They just want to get rid of the bad taste from the loss last Friday. But thinking this is some kind of "statement" game for HC is way off base.

Who says Hickman will run it up? Don't sell them short on class just because they have been capable of beating some teams badly this year. I can guarantee they will run the ball hard and run the ball often. East does have to stop them defensively at some point. HC is not going to throw anything fancy at them just for the sake of beating East badly. But don't expect them to show any sympathy if East can't stop them. HC coming off the loss to Lewis County doesn't make things any easier for the Eagles. I think that will play a larger role in motivating the Dawgs than the fact that they are playing East. They just want to get rid of the bad taste from the loss last Friday. But thinking this is some kind of "statement" game for HC is way off base.

Well im not from Hickman County , so I guess its hard to understand this aspect!!! I just know how much jawing has went on since weak 1 between the soon to be cross county rivals and I just figured Hickman is gonna prove that they are the better team by running up the score.... Its a rivalry game... Hickman doesnt care if East is a new school...Everyone knows Hickman will not have any sympathy... They will score til they cant no more!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im sure plenty law enforcement will be on hand for the county battle!!!!

East will look like a bar of soap after a half-day warshing

I really think this was pretty harsh!!!!!! Do you Bulldogs not remember how it feels to be on the side that the Eagles are on?????? It really hasn't been that many years ago!!!!! Think about it. These boys work really hard on a daily basis and I think you people need to give them a break for once. It wasnt that long ago that we were all ONE!!!!

Well im not from Hickman County , so I guess its hard to understand this aspect!!! I just know how much jawing has went on since weak 1 between the soon to be cross county rivals and I just figured Hickman is gonna prove that they are the better team by running up the score.... Its a rivalry game... Hickman doesnt care if East is a new school...Everyone knows Hickman will not have any sympathy... They will score til they cant no more!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Im sure plenty law enforcement will be on hand for the county battle!!!!

Yep, you better believe law enforcement will be on hand. And it will be an intense rivalry. I've worked on both ends of the county and know a lot of the kids from each team. Most of the players on the field this Friday will have played on the same team with each other at some point. Bragging rights are at stake, especially for those who had to chose one school or the other. But the sad part is that the bad blood and bitter feelings, at least 99% of them, stem from the grown ups. It's not at all from the kids. It's these parents and fans that cause such harsh feelings between the schools. If it were up to the kids, it would be a healthy rivalry as it should be. Unfortunately, you have some adults with grudges against either East or Centerville from their high school glory days, and they will downgrade the other school and community to whoever will listen, attempting to persuade others to feel the same way. It's sad that it has to be that way, because there is no reason people in Hickman County can't pull for both schools throughout the season until they play each other. Then cheer hard for your school, but when it's over it's over. The game counts no more, no less on the records than any other opponent. I'll be pulling for HC to win the game, but I will also be pulling for each of those kids on the East sideline. And I will definitely always show respect for both programs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep, you better believe law enforcement will be on hand. And it will be an intense rivalry. I've worked on both ends of the county and know a lot of the kids from each team. Most of the players on the field this Friday will have played on the same team with each other at some point. Bragging rights are at stake, especially for those who had to chose one school or the other. But the sad part is that the bad blood and bitter feelings, at least 99% of them, stem from the grown ups. It's not at all from the kids. It's these parents and fans that cause such harsh feelings between the schools. If it were up to the kids, it would be a healthy rivalry as it should be. Unfortunately, you have some adults with grudges against either East or Centerville from their high school glory days, and they will downgrade the other school and community to whoever will listen, attempting to persuade others to feel the same way. It's sad that it has to be that way, because there is no reason people in Hickman County can't pull for both schools throughout the season until they play each other. Then cheer hard for your school, but when it's over it's over. The game counts no more, no less on the records than any other opponent. I'll be pulling for HC to win the game, but I will also be pulling for each of those kids on the East sideline. And I will definitely always show respect for both programs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

great post.i agree with this 100%.parents and fans just make rumors about everything and then it gets around that the players are the one talking.but no harsh feelings friday night.maybe some of the stupid people who say all that crap be4 will be mad.but nobody cares about them.

Is Sowell healthy? I know he sat out he E.R. game then played well in a very physical game last week.

yes sowell is healthy.ready to play 100%.

Im glad to hear that coming from a player!!!!! That is classy!!! Lets see if thats what really happens!!! bc everyone knows that Hickman is gonna run it up on East bc they know they can!!!!! That is not taken lightly by the opposing team and wont be forgotten!!!!!

Now how are you gonna get on here and say Hickman will run the score up? You have no clue. For one thing, do you really think swenson is willing to risk his players more than he has to before the playoffs? No is the answer if you didn't already know. Hickman will go out, take care of business, and then put the jv in. Swenson won't run the score up. Now if they can't stop the jv then idk what to tell ya. All i've heard since week one is smack from east. Whether from players or parents smack was talked. But Hickman don't play like that, we play with respect and pride. Running the score up on a team that isn't gonna do anything, because everyone knows it will be a slaughter. Hopefully the game will be a clean one, doubt it though.