CENTENNIAL @ COLUMBIA

CHS 2007

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we need to quit living in the past! What do you think are some other reasons?

We're still killing ourselves with penalties. We had Brentwood stopped on a fourth down, but it was overruled on a penalty. Similarly, we had 2 third downs that automatically went for 1sts on offsides. Also, I mentioned this on the last thread, but it looks like we're always looking for the big play rather than just take a few yards at a time. For instance I saw a couple of sweeps in which our back kept running to the sideline when he had a hole inside. This way, instead of a 4 or 5 yard gain, we run out of room and pick up a loss of yards.

Well I'm hoping I can go to this one here tonight. But if I can't, good luck Cougars.

My pick for this week is Centennial. These two teams are pretty evenly matched, but I go to the Cougars for a couple of reasons. One, Columbia's offense is too one dimensional. We've been burned by some passing teams this year, but those guys have been able to keep us honest with a good run game. Columbia's rushing offense has had a few good performances this year, but overall, they have not been much of a factor. With the personel we have in our secondary, I think we can be able to hold em up. On the other side of the ball, our offense should really take off against a smaller defense that has given up 40+ in 2 of their last 3.

Oh and just another note. Both meeting between these two teams have gone to overtime....just sayin /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The good news for CHS is Columbia does not have a strong running team. While they have exploded for some good performances on the ground, their weapon of choice is their passing game. The Centennial secondary dominated these guys last year, and they shut down Brentwood for no receptions last week. I like the defensive matchup here.

Not sure if you actually attended the Brentwood game or not, but I would hardly say Centennial "shut down Brentwood for no receptions last week". I'm certain that you haven't been paying the closest attention to the Bruin offense this season, but suffice it to say that Brentwood shuts themselves down for no receptions. This is not a passing offense and it has nothing to do with our opponents. Just wanted to clear that up...

Good luck tonight!

Stats from last night.

CENTENNIAL 31 COLUMBIA 23

Passing

Cen: Barlar 6-14 88 yds. 2 TD, Scales 1-1 34 yds

Col: Tilghman 15-32 199 yds 2 TD 2 INT

Rushing

Cen: Jackson 5-76 2 TD, Coffee 6-59, Kemp 6-23, Scales 2-10, Barlar 4-9

Col: Tilghman 17-59 TD, Fleming 8-37, Quiroz 7-28, Robinson 1-7, Venoy 2-6, Watson 1-4

Receiving

Cen: McLemore 3-66 2TD, Bohlen 1-34, Harris 1-11, Kemp 1-7, Hunt 1-4

Col: Williams 7-87 TD, Belew 7-90 TD, Robinson 1-12

1st Quarter

Col: Tilghman 27 yd pass to Belew (Harris Kick)

Cen: Jackson 32 yd run (McLemore Run)

Col:Tilghman 15 yd pass to Williams (Pass Failed)

2nd Quarter

Cen: Barlar 32 yd pass to McLemore (Run Failed)

Col: Harris 32 yd FG

Cen: Barlar 5 yd pass to McLemore (Coffee Run)

3rd Quarter

Col: Tilghman 1 yd run (Harris Kick)

4th Quarter

Cen: Jackson 26 yd run (Run Failed)

Cen: Bass 31 yd FG

Records

Centennial (4-5, 2-4)

Columbia (3-6, 1-5)