Greenbrier at Macon County

GreenbrierCat2

Well, most everyone in 3A has kept up with this Region 4 because this region is tough. We're winding down to the last two games of the season. Greenbrier (2-2 in region, 5-3 overall) play, is coming off a literal last few seconds loss to Pearl Cohn that ended in 21-14. Greenbrier hung with Pearl Cohn the whole game until a last minute TD strike. Macon, (0-4 in region, 1-7 overall) is a team that has had a tough season coming off a 25-14 loss to Sycamore. Greenbrier had the same type of down year last year when they were beaten by Macon, and the Bobcats remember well. It will be a fiery game for the Cats to cinch a seed in the playoffs, while a win for Macon could only help Sycamore, who has EVERYTHING riding on this game. So with that, Big Country will defintely be pulling for Macon, only for his War Eagles sake. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good luck to both sides and here's to no injuries!

Any predictions?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Tigers and I too hope it's injury free. With it being senior night I believe our boys will be ready for some cat food. C'mon BC show us some love here for your teams sake! Seriously, I am looking forward to a good game with Greenbrier. I have a lot of respect for their program and their fans. Welcome to the jungle. http://www.freesmileys.org

Go Tigers and I too hope it's injury free. With it being senior night I believe our boys will be ready for some cat food. C'mon BC show us some love here for your teams sake! Seriously, I am looking forward to a good game with Greenbrier. I have a lot of respect for their program and their fans. Welcome to the jungle. http://www.freesmileys.org

Sycamore fans will be praying for Macon Co. & White House to beat Greenbrier these final two weeks. Senior Night in Lafayette will make this an emotional filled atmosphere and you have to wonder how Greenbrier will respond from such a heartbreaking finish at PC. If the Tigers can play from ahead early then the Bobcats could be on upset alert. I know that the Pleasant View Nation is going to be wearing Macon Co. Blue when they go to DeKalb Co. this Friday night.

IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL GREENBRIER I LOVE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM & HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR THE COACHING STAFF BUT BEING A SYCAMORE GRADUATE I MUST ROOT FOR THE BEST INTEREST OF THOSE WAR EAGLES!!!!!

With that in mind, GOOD LUCK MACON COUNTY!!!!

Sycamore fans will be praying for Macon Co. & White House to beat Greenbrier these final two weeks. Senior Night in Lafayette will make this an emotional filled atmosphere and you have to wonder how Greenbrier will respond from such a heartbreaking finish at PC. If the Tigers can play from ahead early then the Bobcats could be on upset alert. I know that the Pleasant View Nation is going to be wearing Macon Co. Blue when they go to DeKalb Co. this Friday night.

IT'S NOTHING PERSONAL GREENBRIER I LOVE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM & HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR THE COACHING STAFF BUT BEING A SYCAMORE GRADUATE I MUST ROOT FOR THE BEST INTEREST OF THOSE WAR EAGLES!!!!!

With that in mind, GOOD LUCK MACON COUNTY!!!!

I am touched BigCountry /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> The way I see it our guys have nothing to gain but a little respect Friday and to know that they were not that bad as everyone thought they were. They have no pressure in this one as they did. Last 2 weeks, last 2 wins come on guys you can do it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Greenbrier played Cohn so close and get enough fire under their behinds after that loss it could give them some juice to beat Macon. From the stats I've seen Greenbrier has picked up some steam and Coach Williams won't let these boys lay down. I' would like to see strenght in the playoffs for our region and I think they out of the 7 teams they will be the best bet for #4 seed. Good luck Bobcats.

If Greenbrier played Cohn so close and get enough fire under their behinds after that loss it could give them some juice to beat Macon. From the stats I've seen Greenbrier has picked up some steam and Coach Williams won't let these boys lay down. I' would like to see strenght in the playoffs for our region and I think they out of the 7 teams they will be the best bet for #4 seed. Good luck Bobcats.

With this one being MC's senior night and with the Cats coming off a really well played game at PC.... I kind of get a leery feeling with this one. If GB can play the same type game that they played last week, I think they take this one without too much problem. If they make some early mistakes, give up some easy points, and let MC pick up momentum, I can see a possible upset. Greenbrier should win but I've given up trying to figure what the mindset of 16, 17, or 18 year olds will be on any given day.

With this one being MC's senior night and with the Cats coming off a really well played game at PC.... I kind of get a leery feeling with this one. If GB can play the same type game that they played last week, I think they take this one without too much problem. If they make some early mistakes, give up some easy points, and let MC pick up momentum, I can see a possible upset. Greenbrier should win but I've given up trying to figure what the mindset of 16, 17, or 18 will be on any given day.

I can only assume we are talking ages?

I think any team would be crazy to overlook a team like Macon when they are down, but in the same aspect, I've talked to one of the main men on the Bobcat line, and they know what this game means. I don't think Michael, Zach, Paul, Justin, Clint or any other Sr. on the Bobcats team is ready to play their last game next week. They felt last Friday night and you're right, if they can play with that heart and emotion and the fans are heard, the Bobcats will go to Macon ready for a battle.

Let's go CATS. Practice and Play Hard. Leave it all on the field.

I can only assume we are talking ages?

Let's go CATS. Practice and Play Hard. Leave it all on the field.

Oops! Totally missed that. Yes, I was referring to ages.

The Cats need to just go into the game with no doubt whatsoever that they'll get the win. Confidence is huge in controlling momentum.

If Macon Co. wins out this week against Greenbrier & next week against DeKalb Co.

If Greenbrier loses this week to Macon Co. & next week to White House

AND.......................

If DeKalb Co. wins this week against Sycamore in Smithville

THEN.........................

Macon Co. would go to the playoffs as the #4 seed because they'd hold the head-to-head tiebreaker over Greenbrier with both teams at 2-4 in the region. The game last week for Macon Co. would not matter because that would be Sycamore's lone region win under this scenario.

PLAY FOR YOUR OWN POSTSEASON LIVES MACON COUNTY!!!!!!!

I am sure that any Greenbrier fan on here would admit that DeKalb Co. beating Sycamore is not out of the realm of possibilities /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />