Greenbrier at Macon County

GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so proud of you guys!!! Just to show ya nothing is impossible no matter how bleak it looks and your season looked bleak and you didn't just play with a team that was a pushover either. You played with a very good team that everyone said you would loose too. I knew there was fight left I knew it. You got yourselves some pride back and much deserved at that. I saw the team tonight that I knew was there you just had too push back up from that bottom you were at. You guys pushed up and that is what you have to do when you hit the bottom you push up and you did. WELL DONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to Macon County. The Bobcats came out strong in the first half in spite of some terrible calls by the refs. That was not a personal foul when the MC's player was hit. Michael Seay didn't hit him in the helmet, he was just hit hard enough that his helmet came off when he hit the ground, That wasn't the only bad call, however....the Cats came out in the second half and literally laid down. I don't know whether their hands were cold or what was happening but it was almost like a replay of all the balls that PC dropped last week. As the game went on, you could literally see the heart go out of the Cats while the Tigers pumped up. The Tigers wanted it more is all it boils down to, and my hats off to them.

Bobcats, it's now or never. I think these Seniors deserve more than another miseed opportunity of going to the playoffs, but then, it's in YOUR hands, Cats. You CAN pull this out. Do you want it, or not??

Congrats to MC on a great win. I sort of had a feeling that this might go this way if the Cats didn't take care of business early. Let an underdog hang around too long and they'll bite you. I thought this one was going to be a run-away in the 1st Qtr but the Tigers slowly got hold of the momentum and wouldn't give it up. Time for the Cats to get back focused on the fundamentals. We probably dropped more passes tonight than we have the entire year combined. This is the perfect time to to get focused and take the final game at home against WH.

That was not a personal foul when the MC's player was hit. Michael Seay didn't hit him in the helmet, he was just hit hard enough that his helmet came off when he hit the ground,

I agree. I don't think it was either flagrant or head-to-head. I could be wrong and this is just an opinion but I think the flag came out due to that little stare down that followed the hit. I was looking straight at the play and the ref didn't even begin to reach until he stood over him and stared down. In this day and time, 9 times out of 10, that's going to bring some kind of flag. Especially in high school ball. I know it's an emotional reaction but there's no place for it. Make the big hit, turn and walk away, or offer to help the player up. That'll score you some points with the stripes.

I agree. I don't think it was either flagrant or head-to-head. I could be wrong and this is just an opinion but I think the flag came out due to that little stare down that followed the hit. I was looking straight at the play and the ref didn't even begin to reach until he stood over him and stared down. In this day and time, 9 times out of 10, that's going to bring some kind of flag. Especially in high school ball. I know it's an emotional reaction but there's no place for it. Make the big hit, turn and walk away, or offer to help the player up. That'll score you some points with the stripes.

I thing it might have had something to do with the fact that the ball was UNCATCHABLE!....the defender wasn't making a play for the ball....he had the reciever in his sights from the get go and I'm pretty sure it was head to head but hey that's what they wear helmets for)...if the ball would have been thrown on the money and not 6 feet over his head I would haved called it a great play...(also the stare down didn't help either)...the thing that upset me the most was the reaction from the Greenbriar coaches (and fans)...(I was on the Greenbrier side) while we had a player down on the field. You could tell from the hit that he could have been injured in a bad way..(he WAS knocked out of the game) I also think in the long run it helped Macon County..it got them fired up. We know that every team we play really trys to contain #25 due to his speed...once he was gone they didn't know who to focus on and everyone else stepped up.... great win Tigers

I thing it might have had something to do with the fact that the ball was UNCATCHABLE!....the defender wasn't making a play for the ball....he had the reciever in his sights from the get go and I'm pretty sure it was head to head but hey that's what they wear helmets for)...if the ball would have been thrown on the money and not 6 feet over his head I would haved called it a great play...(also the stare down didn't help either)...the thing that upset me the most was the reaction from the Greenbriar coaches (and fans)...(I was on the Greenbrier side) while we had a player down on the field. You could tell from the hit that he could have been injured in a bad way..(he WAS knocked out of the game) I also think in the long run it helped Macon County..it got them fired up. We know that every team we play really trys to contain #25 due to his speed...once he was gone they didn't know who to focus on and everyone else stepped up.... great win Tigers

ok songwriter you say its ok to just take kill shots helmet to helmet just because thats what they are for.Thats how ppl get seriously hurt. How many times have you put on a helmet and stepped on the field and took a hit like that ??? Dout you ever have.

ok songwriter you say its ok to just take kill shots helmet to helmet just because thats what they are for.Thats how ppl get seriously hurt. How many times have you put on a helmet and stepped on the field and took a hit like that ??? Dout you ever have.

let me explain....i DON'T think it's ok to take kill shots. I do know BECAUSE I PLAYED FOOTBALL!!! that sometimes it happens. Back "IN THE DAY" when I played there was no such thing as helment to helment...you just got the crap knocked out of you and they carried you off the field. I personally think the greenbriar guy should have been ejected!! Don't know why you think that I've never stepped on the field...the term "that's what they are for" didn't mean to use them that way...it meant they are to protect your head when it gets hit...to the little comment "Dout you ever have" back at ya baby!!