Waverly Central at Houston County

papatiger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston County played hard all night and wanted it worse than Waverly. As far as injuries, still not fully healthy and had a couple more guys go out tonight. But the injuries shouldn't have hurt the Tigers. not knocking HC but that was as poor an effort as the Tigers have put out all year. If we had of played that poorly against Stewart County they would have beaten us 70-0, or if we had of played like we did tonight, Huntingdon would have put 100 on us. where's the heart Tigers? Most games the boys and fans could hold up their heads and say, we did our best, but tonight, I don't know of anyone who could say that. We looked terrible. You could have put both teams together tonight the way they both played and not beat Camden or Huntingdon or Stewart County.

To answer the post about a bunch of TD's called back, one got called back for personal foul. The play for both teams was sloppy although the effort was there for HC. Congratulations HC you wanted it.

Tigers, you better button your chin strap, a performance like this next week and Camden will have the mercy rule in effect in the first quarter.

Houston County played hard all night and wanted it worse than Waverly. As far as injuries, still not fully healthy and had a couple more guys go out tonight. But the injuries shouldn't have hurt the Tigers. not knocking HC but that was as poor an effort as the Tigers have put out all year. If we had of played that poorly against Stewart County they would have beaten us 70-0, or if we had of played like we did tonight, Huntingdon would have put 100 on us. where's the heart Tigers? Most games the boys and fans could hold up their heads and say, we did our best, but tonight, I don't know of anyone who could say that. We looked terrible. You could have put both teams together tonight the way they both played and not beat Camden or Huntingdon or Stewart County.

To answer the post about a bunch of TD's called back, one got called back for personal foul. The play for both teams was sloppy although the effort was there for HC. Congratulations HC you wanted it.

Tigers, you better button your chin strap, a performance like this next week and Camden will have the mercy rule in effect in the first quarter.

A good effort will keep the mercy rule off till after half time...but I would not bank on that....

A good effort will keep the mercy rule off till after half time...but I would not bank on that....

An effort like they made against Huntingdon minus the special team and turnover blunders could make for an interesting game although not sure the Tigers can pull the upset, but an effort (or lack there of) like last night, it will be 120-0. Come on Tigers show some fight and heart!!!! This is the battle for the bridge. Play for pride. Seniors, your last game, don't go out this way!!!! WE believe in you, believe in yourselves.

An effort like they made against Huntingdon minus the special team and turnover blunders could make for an interesting game although not sure the Tigers can pull the upset, but an effort (or lack there of) like last night, it will be 120-0. Come on Tigers show some fight and heart!!!! This is the battle for the bridge. Play for pride. Seniors, your last game, don't go out this way!!!! WE believe in you, believe in yourselves.

Iknow I get on you sometimes papa,but you are exactly right.ZERO effort Friday night.Those seniors should pay their parents back for paying to watch that effort,and give them gas money to boot!Coach Graves made a great decision to go with the youth movement.It will pay off next year.You underclassmen need to learn from this group of seniors.If you play the game with the same uninspired effort next year as you did this year,you will suffer the same results.I was ready to leave at halftime friday and would have but my son wanted to come home with me after the game instead of riding the bus.It is awfulk to watch players go out of a game because they get hit hard or standing on the sideline with a sprain of somekind.This is football!You are going to get hit and you are going to get hurt,that is just part of the game.You have to play hurt.You play 10 games a year,playoffs if your good enough,you should not want to be on the sideline.Quit listening to mommas and doctors and get your butts out there and play hard!Football is a life lesson.If you give up in football,you dont have a chance in life.Step up and be men before its too late!I dont want to see this same stuff next year.Lets start changing it now underclassmen.Werfel is the closest thing to a leader i have seen on the field.Dont let this happen again!PLAY WITH HEART AND PRIDE.yOURS TRULY,cLASS OF 62.BLUE?WHITE PRIDE FOREVER!