Hendersonville vs Beech Round 3

knightman

Hendersonville comes out with a big win with 33 min left in the 2nd half a terrible call by the referee red carding #7 Mellissa Govea ejecting her from the game and the next, the worst call i have ever seen. But the Commandos played a man down and still pulled out the win they will be playing Ravenwood on Saturday the winner will advance to the state tournament.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game, also.

Very physical game. It was starting to get out of hand, with the "banging."

I knew the cards were soon to follow. I've seen it before. The refs start throwing the cards to

get the game back under control.

Beech got 2 yellow cards. One on 13 and one on 21.

And I must say,,, that red card was awful!!!!!!

It was an aggressive play. And yes, a little blatent.

A yellow card foul, it was.

A red card, it wasn't. Number one it wasn't a particulurly nasty play.

Number two, this is the playoffs.

Better judgement could have been used.

Hendersonville hung tough a man down.

Very good game. I enjoyed it well.

Good Luck to both the rest of the way through.

BDP

Hendersonville comes out with a big win with 33 min left in the 2nd half a terrible call by the referee red carding #7 Mellissa Govea ejecting her from the game and the next, the worst call i have ever seen. But the Commandos played a man down and still pulled out the win they will be playing Ravenwood on Saturday the winner will advance to the state tournament.

I have no dog in this fight. From an objective viewpoint;

That kid did not deserve a red card. She didnt do anything malicious, reckless, or even I dont believe intentional. Im not sure she even fouled the other player. To me, it looked like both players went straight up for a bouncing ball to head it, and the smaller player from Beech fell to the ground from the contact. I even think the smaller player jumped into the Hendersonville player. But since she got the worst of it, a foul was called on #7 from Hendersonville. In my opinion, a no call would have been fine. But a card, much less a Red card was just mind blowing to see come out of the official's hands. I was like "you gotta be kiddin". She doesnt deserve that. Now she has to sit out two games. Ridiculous. Undeserved.

Hendersonville played with a lot of heart after that and found a way to win. I also believe that Beech showed a lot of hustle and effort and proved to be a team to contend with.

I have no dog in this fight. From an objective viewpoint;

That kid did not deserve a red card. She didnt do anything malicious, reckless, or even I dont believe intentional. Im not sure she even fouled the other player. To me, it looked like both players went straight up for a bouncing ball to head it, and the smaller player from Beech fell to the ground from the contact. I even think the smaller player jumped into the Hendersonville player. But since she got the worst of it, a foul was called on #7 from Hendersonville. In my opinion, a no call would have been fine. But a card, much less a Red card was just mind blowing to see come out of the official's hands. I was like "you gotta be kiddin". She doesnt deserve that. Now she has to sit out two games. Ridiculous. Undeserved.

Hendersonville played with a lot of heart after that and found a way to win. I also believe that Beech showed a lot of hustle and effort and proved to be a team to contend with.

I'm happy to hear about a Commando win but losing Govea really hurts. Will she be out for 2 games or just 1?

hendersonville is by far a better team with more of a tradition on the girls and boys sides.this years beech team is doing far better than any other buccaneer team that i can remember, but the last 2 games seemed as though hendersonville was lethargic and in some cases not trying....not to take anything away from beech but this hville team was preranked #5 and hasnt showed they should be in the top #20. we all know the talent they have and russ plummer is a winner through and through im just waitning for the team to step up and i think that will be tonight. if beech wants to win, they need to score early and play their "kickball" game. for hville, they need to score early and keep the pressure up. good luck to both teams representing sumner county and district 9 AAA well

How many times have you seen Beech play.. Kickball ??? You must be someone who's never played soccer. They are the complete opposite. I guess everyone has a right to there own opinion.