Franklin Rebels

Devil_Blue

Guest cableguy

I'm pretty sure that someone suggested laban was the asst coach at FHS, but I'm not sure, so you can't be either. He didn't use the word 'meaningless' to downplay those girls (he actually said the first goal was a nice goal).

I reiteratted his statement with the same thought - not downplaying the players but just that the goals had no outcome on the game. I didn't see anything mean about his post.

Go Rebs!!!

You all need to remember you are talking about students and a game that in some instances means more to them than anything else in their world. Try to think about that before you post comments that could be construed as hurtful to them as they all read these posts daily. I am appalled to see a coach, or someone who is insinuating that they are a coach of a team in this state, acting in a way that is childish. We had a similiar instance here in West TN with one of the coaches that is leading a team to state and it is just not right. He chose to post direct insults back to an anonymous posting on our local paper website. Lead by example for goodness sake. These are kids, and they are playing their hearts out. And coaches should be teaching these students, since they are ultimately in a teaching role as a coach, to be "good sports" instead of gloating at victories. Appalling.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Franklin was my pick to make it though this year and win it all I would not forget the ball can take funny bounces and it depends on which team shows up, the good one or the flat one.

Siegel will give you a game and if their forwards get hot that will be trouble. Should you get past Siegel there is Bearden or Houston. Both good teams and I dont think Franklin has faced them this year. I do think the State Champ will come from this side of the bracket.

Remember good teams fell out early, Farragut and Riverdale. Anything can happen in these games at this level. I admit I'm a Siegel fan and Siegel has been playing good soccer just some tough breaks. But here we are and looking at Franklin again like last year. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! You got to love it!

Although Franklin was my pick to make it though this year and win it all I would not forget the ball can take funny bounces and it depends on which team shows up, the good one or the flat one.

Siegel will give you a game and if their forwards get hot that will be trouble. Should you get past Siegel there is Bearden or Houston. Both good teams and I dont think Franklin has faced them this year. I do think the State Champ will come from this side of the bracket.

Remember good teams fell out early, Farragut and Riverdale. Anything can happen in these games at this level. I admit I'm a Siegel fan and Siegel has been playing good soccer just some tough breaks. But here we are and looking at Franklin again like last year. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! You got to love it!

Good post. I agree. Siegal is a really good team with good players and well coached. They have forwards who can score on anyone. I have said that all year. We will have to bring our best game and that may not be enough. Siegal absolutely can win this game and go on to win state. I also believe if we play hard and stay composed that we can win the game and win state as well. It should be a really good game between two good teams.

Good post. I agree. Siegal is a really good team with good players and well coached. They have forwards who can score on anyone. I have said that all year. We will have to bring our best game and that may not be enough. Siegal absolutely can win this game and go on to win state. I also believe if we play hard and stay composed that we can win the game and win state as well. It should be a really good game between two good teams.

Siegal, Franklin and Bearden are three of the best 8 in state, but their road to the title game from this side of the bracket will have to pass through Houston. There's no slowing these Mustangs down.

Siegal, Franklin and Bearden are three of the best 8 in state, but their road to the title game from this side of the bracket will have to pass through Houston. There's no slowing these Mustangs down.

what are some strengths of the mustangs? They seem like a strong team, but havent seen them play. What do they do well?

Laban

You would think that with two of your players on Siegel that you would learn to spell the school name.