Jeff Co. vs. Bearden

HEATHHELTON

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I wouldn't count the Patriots out in any contest. Even though they are having a rough year, they've had a couple big wins here in the past two weeks and just are finding ways to win...plain and simple. If you can slow down the Bearden tailback you'll have a chance, but be wary of the Bearden's passing game. Halliday is an experienced quarterback who can direct the offense well and has some wheels himself. Watch for Bearden to wear the Pat's down in the second half on the ground. Jefferson County has to make sure and wrap up on each tackle. DB held Bearden outside DB's 25 yard line the entire game by wrapping up and not giving up the big play and played to a 0-0 tie in regulation. Now I think Jefferson County and Bearden will score some points during regulation, but I'm looking for a close finish in this one. Best of luck to the Patriots in two weeks.

Honestly, I wouldn't count the Patriots out in any contest. Even though they are having a rough year, they've had a couple big wins here in the past two weeks and just are finding ways to win...plain and simple. I

After what the program has been through I don`t consider us to be having a rough year. Maybe in years past(03 back) this would be considered a rough year, though a win against Bearden would put us at 7-3 which is a pretty darn good regular season any year IMO.

After what the program has been through I don`t consider us to be having a rough year. Maybe in years past(03 back) this would be considered a rough year, though a win against Bearden would put us at 7-3 which is a pretty darn good regular season any year IMO.

Your right JC4life, in my haste I used the wrong adjective. I didn't consider years past and honestly, in my haste, I didn't think to count wins. Yes, 7-3 is a good regular season any year. My Dobyns Bennett Indians will most likely finish 7-3 for the first time and years...and honestly stand to benefit the most from those three loses. Anyway, I'm pulling for the Patriots next week, even though a Bearden loss would do nothing for us. I just want to see you guys continue on the up and up. We've missed you in the playoffs the past couple of years.

Motivation will be a huge factor in this game, I believe Bearden has already wrapped up with #1 seed so I wonder not only what their motivation will be, but how much if any they`ll play their starters. JC still has the #3 seed to play for, but we`ve already clinched the playoffs so we're choosing between going to William Blount or going to Farragut. Its not so much that I think Bearden doesn`t want to be 9-1, but I think they`d gladly take 8-2 with a healthy team and the #1 seed, whereas I think JC wants to be 7-3 very badly no matter what the playoff position is. I know you try to win every game, but if I was Bearden's coach it would be very hard for me to risk my starters in a game that in the grand scheme of things doesn`t mean very much to my team in the long run. I don`t know Bearden's coaches mentality so its just something we`ll have to watch for.