Hendersonville vs Ravenwood

knightman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the referee of the beech hhs game should be ashamed of himself for giving a very very unjust red card to the best player on the field melissa govea. with her last night, i believe she would have scored atleast one goal and had an assist to van Es. who knows? it all goes back to that call...but congrats to ravenwood and good luck in the state tournament and to hendersonville, great turnaround during postseason play..you showed lots of heart and left everything you had on the field. congrats on the district and region championships.

the referee of the beech hhs game should be ashamed of himself for giving a very very unjust red card to the best player on the field melissa govea. with her last night, i believe she would have scored atleast one goal and had an assist to van Es. who knows? it all goes back to that call...

Darren were you at the Beech game? The referee was at most 3 yards from the foul. It was on the opposite side of the field from the stands. The Referee was on the opposite side of the 2 players in question again opposite the stands. MG deliberately struck the Beech player with an elbow making solid contact. Striking an opponent while the ball is in play is Serious Foul Play or possibly Violent Conduct both are to be sanctioned by a Red Card.

The referee showed the courage to do what was right. You are the one who should be ashamed for continuing to slander a very good, properly positioned, official who did his job to protect the safety of the players and protect the integrity of the game.

Darren were you at the Beech game? The referee was at most 3 yards from the foul. It was on the opposite side of the field from the stands. The Referee was on the opposite side of the 2 players in question again opposite the stands. MG deliberately struck the Beech player with an elbow making solid contact. Striking an opponent while the ball is in play is Serious Foul Play or possibly Violent Conduct both are to be sanctioned by a Red Card.

The referee showed the courage to do what was right. You are the one who should be ashamed for continuing to slander a very good, properly positioned, official who did his job to protect the safety of the players and protect the integrity of the game.

Yes, indeed i was at the game. Many fans from both teams stated they didnt see anything not to mention the assistant coach from beech came up to govea after the game and said he didnt think it was even a foul. People will have different view points in sports, but this was a plain foul at best. You cant give a red to the best player on hhs not to mention on the field at a crucial part in the game. this probably cost the lady commandos a state tournament appearance. You do not make those kinds of calls especially during the playoffs!!! im all about refs doing what is right but in my eyes it was a no-call. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You do not make those kinds of calls especially during the playoffs!!! im all about refs doing what is right but in my eyes it was a no-call.

Both of your stipulations are wrong

Your eyes were 65 to 75 yards from the foul, your eyes were on the wrong side of the player's bodies to see the elbow strike.

The referee in question is currently in Chattanooga at the invite of TSSAA because the state assessor and supervisor knows he is a top notch official. In USSF he is a grade 5 (less than 1% of USSF referees attain that grade). He is also a well respected College Referee. To withhold making the correct, if unpopular, call simply because it is the "playoffs" or against the "best player on the field" would be a lack of integrity.

The player deliberately struck her opponent, short strike between her body and the opponent unfortunately for her she must not have been aware of where the referee was and that he had a clear view. Echoing you "Players should not commit those kinds of fouls, especially during the playoffs!!!"

Both of your stipulations are wrong

Your eyes were 65 to 75 yards from the foul, your eyes were on the wrong side of the player's bodies to see the elbow strike.

The referee in question is currently in Chattanooga at the invite of TSSAA because the state assessor and supervisor knows he is a top notch official. In USSF he is a grade 5 (less than 1% of USSF referees attain that grade). He is also a well respected College Referee. To withhold making the correct, if unpopular, call simply because it is the "playoffs" or against the "best player on the field" would be a lack of integrity.

The player deliberately struck her opponent, short strike between her body and the opponent unfortunately for her she must not have been aware of where the referee was and that he had a clear view. Echoing you "Players should not commit those kinds of fouls, especially during the playoffs!!!"

ref2coach - good commentary.

For someone to say that a referee can't make a call just because its a red card foul, late in the game, during playoffs, and against perhaps the best player on the field is just unreasonable. And Darren is right, people have different views and see different things. The coach didn't even see a foul, others say a non-card foul, and the ref said it warranted a red card. You can't not make a call because people have different opinions. If that were the case, there would never be any fouls called.

ref2coach - good commentary.

For someone to say that a referee can't make a call just because its a red card foul, late in the game, during playoffs, and against perhaps the best player on the field is just unreasonable. And Darren is right, people have different views and see different things. The coach didn't even see a foul, others say a non-card foul, and the ref said it warranted a red card. You can't not make a call because people have different opinions. If that were the case, there would never be any fouls called.

to ref2coach, when i stated that the ref shouldnt of made that call especially during the playoffs i meant that he should of been cautious when giving it out considering the rivalry,region championship,etc. Saying MG was possibly the best player on the field was just saying that it probably cost them at state tournament appearance. to you it might have been a red, but to me it was (like i said before) a foul at best. the difference of height and weight between the two girls probably contributed to the appearance of the foul. if the beech assistant coach really did tell govea after that he didnt think it was a foul, i would think he was in a better position than the both of us consdiering he was on the bench right in front. i am not saying that you are making this up i just dont understand how so many people in the stands(from both sides i might add) were questioning the call of a foul given let alone a red card given.

i am not saying that you are making this up i just dont understand how so many people in the stands(from both sides i might add) were questioning the call of a foul given let alone a red card given.

GOLDEN, Colo. (AP) -- In 36 hours, Esfandiar "Esse" Baharmast went from worldwide vilification to complete vindication, a ride that still leaves him breathless.

Baharmast, the only U.S. referee at the World Cup, was criticized when he awarded a penalty kick to Norway in the 89th minute of a deadlocked game against Brazil on June 23. Kjetil Rekdal scored and Norway won 2-1, advancing to the second round and knocking out Morocco.

Television replays initially failed to show the foul, and the media response was brutal. Only when Norwegian television turned up a different angle the next day was Baharmast absolved.

Above is one of the most famous examples of "everybody" but the referee not seeing what really happened.

Again the referee was at most 3 yards from the players, opposite the stands and in position to see between the players where the foul was committed. The real point is that so many people in such poor positions to make the proper judgment are unwilling to accept that the trained professional made the proper evaluation and took the proper action.