Huge Game in Monterey next Friday Night.

scuba

I was sitting 35 yard line north, visitors side.. I had a great look at the field goal. It missed by about 10' wide right. It wasn't as close as has been reported, I say that only to set the record straight.

Last week we lost on a last sec FG by a frosh kicker, so we know how it feels.

Set that young man straight and tell him to keep his head up. This is the stuff that turns boys into men.

You got that right Knuckles, he's one heck of a kicker. a lot of pressure on that young man last night. he has NO reason to hang his head. #8, hold your head up and keep striving for perfection.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuba, I don't want to belittle you but your wrong on your assesment of the region.

As it stands, if Watertown beats Monterey then Gordonsville would be first with Watertown, FCS, and TCS all tied for Second. FCS & watertown have both beaten TC, and FCS beat Watertown so if watertown wins it looks like this.

gordonsville

FCS

Watertown

TC

If Monterey wins then there is a three way tie for second between TC, FCS, and Monterey. You are correct that Monterey's opponents have more wins than TC's or FCS's, but that is rule E.-3 under tie-breakers, Rule E-2 under tie-breakers dictates that teams are placed in order of the # of teams they have beaten that are .500 or better. Two of monterey's opponents are close and monterey very well could jump from 5th to second, but they could also lose the tie-breaker and end up fourth.

Alot of words to say that I personally hope watertown wins because it will cause alot less headaches, and that if Monterey does win there is a possibilty of monterey jumping to second, but it is not automatic. They could win and still not get second.

FCSPride I'm not trying to belittle you either but you are wrong as well. If Watertown beats Monterey it is a mute point because that would give them 4 wins over teams with a winning percentage of 50%. However if Monterey beats Watertown that would put MHS, TCHS, and FCS in a three way tie for 2nd. Each Team would have three wins over teams with a winning percentage of 50%. (If Harriman beats Oakdale Monterey would be 2nd anyway). So you would go to rule E3 which states that "The team whose opponents have earned the most victories". At that point MHS non region opponents are 17 and 10, FCS non region opponents are 10 and 17, and TCHS non region opponents are 11 and 16. (All region opponents would be the same). At that point MHS would be 2nd.