Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

It's week 10. Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett. Let's talk about it!

Science Hill comes in at 3-6 (1-4). Last game: L 26-13 v. Karns

Dobyns-Bennett comes in 6-3 (4-1). Last game: W 38-3 v. Campbell Co.

Comments, opinions, information...let's hear it!

Rupley are you trying to take somebody's job at tri-cities sports .com? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the game last night with CC,I said SH must not have very much.Today,what SH has is nothing to loose and I'm not sure what risking any futher injuries can gain DB in this game.I think GC will do as he did last night after he sends a message to washington county.It was great to see number 30 show what he could have been doing all along.He is fast and every time he has been in a game this year or in'06, he has done well.The defense done the smart move again this week,except didn't wait until they drove the ball down the field. A four man front with #18 and #33 at linebackers.It shut them down until we gave #33 a rest and they moved the ball about 25 fast yards.

CGC, the assistant coaches, and the players all have long memories regarding the tradition of the DBHS and SHHS series along with things that have been said by the new sheriff in JC and the smack that has been talked in past middle school, frosh, JV, and varsity games. DBHS will be ready regardless of what Smith wants to run or call.

There are a number of talented senior and junior boys in addition to #30 (Will Wagner) that stand on the DB sidelines that are able to help in anyway that they are asked, if and when they are asked. Sullivan North HS has two starters that played JV ball at DBHS last year.

DBHS defense does work better in the four man front (Indian) with Big Alan Hinson (#55) joining with Daniel Preston (#78) to form a formiddable 1-2 punch in the middle of the field.

Does anybody know the tiebreakers that will be used for third and fourth places in Region 1 for the playoffs?

Same as first and second places /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Couldn't resist but it's located on the TSSAA website. I'm going off memory so bare with me

1. Head to Head

2. Overall Record

3. Wins vs teams in same classification

4. Wins vs teams with winning records

5. Wins vs teams with fewest losses

6. Monday game under the overtime rules.

Same as first and second places /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Couldn't resist but it's located on the TSSAA website. I'm going off memory so bare with me

1. Head to Head

2. Overall Record

3. Wins vs teams in same classification

4. Wins vs teams with winning records

5. Wins vs teams with fewest losses

6. Monday game under the overtime rules.

does anyone know if Toma is being recruited by any school and if so what position is he being recruited. Just wanted to know I have some contacts and might be able to help out.

Does anybody know the tiebreakers that will be used for third and fourth places in Region 1 for the playoffs?

The weeks results solidified Bearden as the #1 seed and Dobyns-Bennett as the #2 seed in Region 1-5A.

If Campbell Co. beats Karns and Jefferson Co. loses to Bearden, Campbell County is the #3 seed and Jefferson Co. is the #4 seed.

If Campbell Co. loses to Karns and Jefferson Co. loses to Bearden, Jefferson Co. is the #3 seed and Sevier Co. is the #4 seed with Sevier Co. having the tiebreaker over the Cougars.

Just worry about Bearden and DB. Nobody else stands a chinamans chance of beating any one of the four Region 2 teams this year. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. It will take either Bearden or DB's best games of the year to advance past Region 2. We will see.

Jefferson County continues to improve and will give Bearden and their first round playoff opponent, challenges, but I wouldn't go out on a limb and predict a victory over either.

Bearden looks like they will host Ooltewah and could have a good chance to defeat them. DB will either get Oak Ridge or Farragut. Don't know much about Farragut, but they seem to score and give up points. Oak Ridge is not as explosive offensively, but has a great RB. DB and OR were in a dead heat last time and should have gone to OT, if not for choice of the running the option on their own 10 yard line.

With the return of Will Clark (#63) to the offensive line, the offense being comfortable running under center instead out of the gun, and finally and probably most importantly, the promotion of Chris Sensabaugh (#32) to the varsity, the Ridgers will see a better DB team, if the rematch occurs. DB finally has some offense to go with a very stout defense.

Jefferson County continues to improve and will give Bearden and their first round playoff opponent, challenges, but I wouldn't go out on a limb and predict a victory over either.

Bearden looks like they will host Ooltewah and could have a good chance to defeat them. DB will either get Oak Ridge or Farragut. Don't know much about Farragut, but they seem to score and give up points. Oak Ridge is not as explosive offensively, but has a great RB. DB and OR were in a dead heat last time and should have gone to OT, if not for choice of the running the option on their own 10 yard line.

With the return of Will Clark (#63) to the offensive line, the offense being comfortable running under center instead out of the gun, and finally and probably most importantly, the promotion of Chris Sensabaugh (#32) to the varsity, the Ridgers will see a better DB team, if the rematch occurs. DB finally has some offense to go with a very stout defense.

Good post. JC was all over us at the start of our game and DB fans were calling for the coaches head.People tend to forget these little things with a few victories.Region 2 will be a hard matchup for any team,but it wouldn't surprize me to see us win three of the opening games!

DB will either get Oak Ridge or Farragut.

I must be missing something. DB will be #2 in Region 1. That means they will host #3 in Region 2 in the 1st playoff game. Neither OR nor Farragut will be #3 in Region 2. It seems to me that DB will play Ooltewah or William Blount (most likely). /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Somebody explain this.