Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

In the 90's basketball players left Science Hill to go to Boone. No big stink was made about that. In the 80's players went to Crockett to play and it was known as Science Hill West and not to much said. Sharpe just came and worked hard and won the job. If he was a lineman whould it have been such a problem. Does anyone really think that #2 is a better QB then #8 was.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay . . . This will probably be one of my last posts on coacht and I would like to say that I have enjoyed reading and posting the last two football seasons. Our time is up with high school football (until the grand kids come along).

First of all, I would like to enquire about the status Jonathan Metcalf? How is he doing? I have being praying for the young man.

Second, congratulations to Dobyns-Bennett for the win Friday night. You guys capitalized on all of our mistakes. That is what good teams do. It has been my experience that D-B program is a class act. Observing the D-B faithful from the visitor side is quit a sight. It is obvious the tradition is deep and the support is strong! Good luck this week, I will be pulling for our Region 1 brother.

It has certainly been a tough year for us at Science Hill. Lots of finger pointing and blame to be passed around, I guess. I hate it for our seniors especially. There is no need for our boys to hang their heads. Most of us cried after the game mainly because it was our last. We gave it all we had. There is a good crop of younger athletes coming up and it is my hope that through our tribulations this year, Science Hill will be better and stronger in the future.

As for the kind comments about #44 Aaron Trent . . . Thank you! No, he hasn't committed to any college yet. (Va. Tech wants to make him into a defensive tackle?) We are going to see where the Lord leads. And if He leads to Taft University (home of the Jumbo's) then so be it.

Okay . . . This will probably be one of my last posts on coacht and I would like to say that I have enjoyed reading and posting the last two football seasons. Our time is up with high school football (until the grand kids come along).

First of all, I would like to enquire about the status Jonathan Metcalf? How is he doing? I have being praying for the young man.

Second, congratulations to Dobyns-Bennett for the win Friday night. You guys capitalized on all of our mistakes. That is what good teams do. It has been my experience that D-B program is a class act. Observing the D-B faithful from the visitor side is quit a sight. It is obvious the tradition is deep and the support is strong! Good luck this week, I will be pulling for our Region 1 brother.

It has certainly been a tough year for us at Science Hill. Lots of finger pointing and blame to be passed around, I guess. I hate it for our seniors especially. There is no need for our boys to hang their heads. Most of us cried after the game mainly because it was our last. We gave it all we had. There is a good crop of younger athletes coming up and it is my hope that through our tribulations this year, Science Hill will be better and stronger in the future.

As for the kind comments about #44 Aaron Trent . . . Thank you! No, he hasn't committed to any college yet. (Va. Tech wants to make him into a defensive tackle?) We are going to see where the Lord leads. And if He leads to Taft University (home of the Jumbo's) then so be it.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Aaron and seeing him in situations off of the football field (my guys played some basketball with him last year) I can say he seems to be a fine young man with a great future in front of him that is not dependent upon "football" success. It should be the goal of every parent and every coach in High School to have that said about every football player. That will not be accomplished by taking the easy way out of decisions such as the incident with the player in which the head coach circumvented his assistant coach's disciplinary move. Some of the coaches truly do want to establish fundamental discipline that will serve these kids far better than a 200 yard game would in their future. Press clippings turn yellow over time while character does not. I'll support any coach that views the role of developing kids as citizens more important than that of getting them a college scholarship or even a state championship. I don't even care if he dresses like Gilligan and does an onside kick with the lead! Right now the jury in my head (multiple personalities I guess) is undecided, but some of the word I've heard disturbs me.

Best of all to Aaron...and I pray that God leads him in a direction that will make him most useful to His kingdom.

WELL WELL WELL TOPVOL KNOWING YOU THE 3 PICKS WILL BE ON U TUBE IT WILL NOT SHOW THE PICKS JUST THE THROWS AND FOR SHHS95 YOU MIGHT HAVE BEAT DB BUT YOU COULDNT BEAT ELIZABETHTON IVE BEEN READING THE POST AND I THINK THERE IS NOT THE PLAYERS AT SHHS THAT YOU DADDY BALLERS THINK YOU HAVE YOU NEED TO MAN UP AND STOP BLAMING THE COACH FOR YOUR KIDS NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THERE JOB I WAS AT THE GAME WHEN THOSE PEOPLE GOT ON THAT SHARPE KID ALL I CAN SAY IS YOUR LUCKY IT WASNT MINE THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOME SAD SINGING AND SLOW WALKING REMEMBER THAT NEXT TIME YOU ARE YELLING AT SOMEONE ELSES KID MAN UP HILL TOPPERS AND STOP ALL THAT CRYING OR DO YOU NEED SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WINE

Surprised that there isn't more traffic on this thread after a rivalry game. For all of the criticism that was aimed at GC on this board, it's time some folks stepped up and said "Good Job"! He never bad mouthed the kids and got them home with 6 straight wins. If the tailback isn't hurt badly, this team could cause some problems in the playoffs. If he is....they won't. Still, a great job of coaching. How about 7-3 being our worst record in about 15 years!? That says something about tradition doesn't it? As for Gilligan....you were dead 8 months before this game because your pride ran ahead of you to the papers. I imagine you will be gone by your own choice before long. Roll Tribe!! The streak lives!!

Of the 6 wins only one team has a winning record (6-4). The combined record of the 6 teams is 23-37. Everybody expected him to win out the last half of the season. After Saturday Fulmer has really turned it around too?

Trent and Duannah have a chance to get D-I offers.

No one from D-B will get one, as has been the case for several years.

Talent is important; in the HS game, alot is about the system and coaching.

Graham Clark is the Coach of the Year in R-I 5A and, depending on playoff advancement , a Coach of the Year candidate for the State. It is not just Graham; his staff also shares in the credit.

Coach of the year after only beating 2 teams with winning records??? I would vote for Jefferson County or Campbell County. Coach of the year is turning a program around or doing something that hasnt been done in a while.

Of the 6 wins only one team has a winning record (6-4). The combined record of the 6 teams is 23-37. Everybody expected him to win out the last half of the season. After Saturday Fulmer has really turned it around too?

Is there anybody out there that still thinks this "person" is a DB fan?

Worlhead, I heard they were waiting on your donation to hold an official ribbon cutting ceremony for the new porcelin thrones.

From what I hear Sensabaugh is alright. Probably didn't want to risk any further chance of injury with him, and the way Sylvester came in at halftime that was the smart call. DB will catch some teams off guard if they can get past the Wildcats in the first.

Roll Tribe.

With 2 lineman on the sideline with shoulder injuries, CS coming off the field limping, the dumb call was having JS in the game running the ball with less than 2 minutes in a game that is 38-14. JS is one of only 4 players out of the 100 on the team that has any speed. It gets real slow after 2, 15, 24, and 10 including the 96 others. Not to mention JS has limped off the field several times this year. Even dumber is having so many starters on a kick off with less than 8 minutes to go in a game that DB's defense has dominated all but one big play. The kick off is the most intense, high impact play in football. Against a rival team losing big anything can happen clean or not. DB will not catch OR off guard, OR will have to play bad for DB to win. OR will put 8 men in the box and make DB beat them with the pass (1-12 Friday night). If not this year, next, run the play most colleges are now running with putting the QB as a wideout with direct snap coming to the running back. Have JS line up in the backfield with #10 as QB, #10 goes in motion as a wide out. JS either runs, throws or gets it in the hands of CS. All 3 are real threats. OR 21 - DB 10

Ahhh WaCo, you of all people should know truthfulness does not mean one can not be a fan. Afterall, should we not forget all of your replies last year on DB? Cant wait to see your responses on DB's next loss on any sport.

I have to agree with DBWATCHDOG in a way. I am a SH supporter and yet a big fan of Coach Clark, but sometimes you have to show respect for those coaches in the conference that have really turned things around at their school. Coach Clark has always been a "class act" and he does seem to develop the athletes on his team in a well rounded fashion. He and his staff treat the opponent's players, including my sons, with the respect and dignity befitting true competitors. This does not mean that he should get "Coach of the Year" every year, and with what little I know of him, he'd probably agree.

Ahhh WaCo, you of all people should know truthfulness does not mean one can not be a fan. Afterall, should we not forget all of your replies last year on DB? Cant wait to see your responses on DB's next loss on any sport.

I questioned his play calling and use of certin players last year. I never downed the team and I never suggested that any of the coaches should be replaced. Clark, the whole coaching staff and every player has done a great job this year. Of cource you forgot to mention in your post that a lot of people were saying before the season that this was DB worst team ever. The "team" responded by playing 3 of the top 5 teams in the state right to the last seconds and more than covered the point spreads against the teams they were suposed to beat. Its not DB's fault those teams didn't have winning records you know. They were on the schedule. Wasn't Sevier Co. picked by some to win the conference? Wasn't Science Hill supposed to challenge for the Region 1 championship and put a whoppin' on DB this year? A couple of yards in overtime and DB would be Region Champs again this year. Win or lose against Oak Ridge Fri. night, it will be a close game and go down to the wire. And the same will be true in the second round game if we get by Oak Ridge. It doesn't matter who we have played in the past or what their record was.

I know that this will come down as good news to some but bad news to others....but here it is anyway

"Dancing with the Stars" has been in negotiations with scotty/smitty/gilligan over performing next fall on the show instead of coaching. The only hang-up is that gilligan wants to wear his hat....which just doesn't look good doing the cha-cha-cha. His partner is rumored to be John Madden....I don't know how that would work since they both would be talking all the time.........more to come!!!