Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

Afun game to watch till the third quarter if you were a Topper fan. Science Hill offense gave up 28 points to a good defense. Three picks and a fumble. Two of the Tribe's offensive td's were from a very short field. Thought the Science Hill defense did a good job. Held Sensabaugh to his lowest output so far. Held down the running game over all considering the positions they get put in. Great effort by Solomon. Don't know why he didn't run the ball 30 times. That brings up another subject, the offensive braintrust for SHHS, missing in action when it comes to crunch time. Maybe the administration should check on the return policy is on a slightly used head coach. best of luck to the DB team in the playoffs.

I agree. Give it to #40! It was obvious the Duanah was the most consistent option on offense. The rest of the offense never looked comfortable doing what they were trying to do. I think Smith made some critical 2nd half adjustements that did the Toppers in such as coming out and trying to establish the pass and what was up with the direct snap and let the qb/rb justtake off (which didn't work at all). Seems like a consistant pattern in the 6 straight losses, 2nd half meltdowns. After watching Duanah and Trent play for a2nd time, I have to say I am shocked that they have only 3 wins and can't figure out how they lost to the bottom teams in the league. After this game I can only say it has to be coaching.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Give it to #40! It was obvious the Duanah was the most consistent option on offense. The rest of the offense never looked comfortable doing what they were trying to do. I think Smith made some critical 2nd half adjustements that did the Toppers in such as coming out and trying to establish the pass and what was up with the direct snap and let the qb/rb justtake off (which didn't work at all). Seems like a consistant pattern in the 6 straight losses, 2nd half meltdowns. After watching Duanah and Trent play for a2nd time, I have to say I am shocked that they have only 3 wins and can't figure out how they lost to the bottom teams in the league. After this game I can only say it has to be coaching.

Coach Smith seems to lack the patience or self control to win the tough game. Look how many touches Phillps had last night for South, how many Sensabaugh would have had if not hurt, Baker at THS. He doesn"t ride his horses like he should, been that way all year and has turned a possible 7-3 to3-7. Just takes too many risks for no reward.

Coach Smith seems to lack the patience or self control to win the tough game. Look how many touches Phillps had last night for South, how many Sensabaugh would have had if not hurt, Baker at THS. He doesn"t ride his horses like he should, been that way all year and has turned a possible 7-3 to3-7. Just takes too many risks for no reward.

horses? how many times did the so called horses fail to make a play that was there to be made--last night--also in the other game i saw--jeff co---kids have to hang on to the ball--make the tackle--catch it--not throw it to the other team---over and over and over--coaching is a major factor but not the only one---from what i hear--alot of tarzans at shhs according toparents that look the part---but play like jane

horses? how many times did the so called horses fail to make a play that was there to be made--last night--also in the other game i saw--jeff co---kids have to hang on to the ball--make the tackle--catch it--not throw it to the other team---over and over and over--coaching is a major factor but not the only one---from what i hear--alot of tarzans at shhs according toparents that look the part---but play like jane

You had the players last night,they had no leadership!

A lot has been said about the Topper defense but outside of the 80 yard run by Duanah, the defense held SHHS to 80 yards of offense. 1 first down in the 1st half, only 2 at about the close of the 3rd qtr and 26 straight plays at one point inside of Topper territory. And 0 points in the 2nd half.

But #44 for SHHS is a beast that sounds like has a great future ahead at VaTech (?)

Good Post.....It is really amazing IMHO. SS overcoached this team to a 3-7 record! Trent and Soloman are studs and it's a shame really.

Good Post.....It is really amazing IMHO. SS overcoached this team to a 3-7 record! Trent and Soloman are studs and it's a shame really.

Trent was something special on the field last night.That's what a linebacker looks like,{big,mean and strong}.Take on the defense and not hide in the shadows and jump out from the blind spots. In other words,hit somebody and make them like it.He was the man on our field last night

Agree that certain players should have done better during the year but your better players have a better chance to get better results. Should have given the ball to Solomon more last night and all year long. A very good player who was not used properly all year to the detriment of the team. Coach Smith has been a bust as a game coach.

I was one of many from Middle TN who warned you about gilligan./benedict arnold/batman was a treehugger.

He has more moving patches on his baggage than a hobo. He has applied for more coaching jobs than anyone in America

His old team Indy...has picked up their game and is in good shape to win the region....duh??

Check the coaches parking area to see if he has his moving van handy this Friday....otherwise he will be "slipping out of town" before long to dupe some other school.

I heard straight from this man's mouth two yrs ago that he would never leave Williamson co because his new wife was from there and he was totally dedicated to staying.

Well, I wouldn't worry too long....he has that ol' resume updated.....what's more when he leaves he will make it sound like your fault.

Just don't send him back here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smith has been a huge disappointment. Anybody could go 3-7 with this team. His first mistake was when he quit playing folks both ways after the South game. His next major mistake was a time out he called with 34 seconds left until overtime with Tn High. Tn High was trying to get the game into overtime we just wouldn't let them. Also Smith had a chance to kick a field goal in the 2nd half and did not attempt it.

Next mistake is Jeff County--4th and 2 with less then 4 minutes in the 2nd qtr with a 14-0 lead. We are on our 45 or so, with the conference leading punter and a defense that was pitching a shut out so far. Why go for it and give your opponent any monmentum going in to half time--you are up 14-0! At Campbell County he called 2 timeouts late in the game that actually helped them/CC set up their hook and ladder play.

Science Hill would of benefited much from Trent and Hamilton at fullback. That would of helped the running and passing game. Those two create 2 additional offensive linemen.

It's over for now. I know alot of boys that miss Coach Bowles. Bowles is a man that acts like a man.

Smith has been a huge disappointment. Anybody could go 3-7 with this team. His first mistake was when he quit playing folks both ways after the South game. His next major mistake was a time out he called with 34 seconds left until overtime with Tn High. Tn High was trying to get the game into overtime we just wouldn't let them. Also Smith had a chance to kick a field goal in the 2nd half and did not attempt it.

Next mistake is Jeff County--4th and 2 with less then 4 minutes in the 2nd qtr with a 14-0 lead. We are on our 45 or so, with the conference leading punter and a defense that was pitching a shut out so far. Why go for it and give your opponent any monmentum going in to half time--you are up 14-0! At Campbell County he called 2 timeouts late in the game that actually helped them/CC set up their hook and ladder play.

Science Hill would of benefited much from Trent and Hamilton at fullback. That would of helped the running and passing game. Those two create 2 additional offensive linemen.

It's over for now. I know alot of boys that miss Coach Bowles. Bowles is a man that acts like a man.

I just looked back at the teams that beat you.How in the world did you guys get beat by a couple of those teams.I allmost exspected a team that looked like an 8th grade to show up,but you have some real good athletes that should have killed some of those guys.

I just looked back at the teams that beat you.How in the world did you guys get beat by a couple of those teams.I allmost exspected a team that looked like an 8th grade to show up,but you have some real good athletes that should have killed some of those guys.I didn't mean to hit it twice,but it should be answered twice anyway

I am sticking my two cents in here, and probable should not. But here goes, I was at the Morristown East scrimmage at the beggining of the season and saw SS for the first time and his appearance ruined it for me, the hat and unshaved appearance was so unproffesional. Thats when I posted that Coach Carter at South would outcoach him. To some this may sound crazy but being a former coach many years ago I learned you could judge a football program by the appearance and profesionalism of their head coach.

Like anything else the guys that walk quietly and carry the big sticks (class), are the ones who kicks your butt. When a guy has to tell me how good of a coach he is or has to draw attention to himself ( the gilligan hat) are not very good.

I hate it for the Topper kids but the parents and supporters playing that political game got exactly what you deserve.

You guys ran off one of the classiest men in this area and now you have the mud on your face.