Livingston Academy wins on game's last play

hogeyegoodguy

In a game no one deserved to lose, Livingston Academy ended their 13 game losing streak with a Josh Huitt 35 yard field goal on the game's last play to defeat Stone Memorial 24-21 on Senior night in Livingston. The win helped the Wildcats avoid their first winless season since 1965. Sophomore runningback Cody Stafford rushed 31 times for 140 yards to lead the attack. Livingston Academy trailed 14-7 at halftime and 21-14 in the fourth quarter before coming back to tie the game with 5:11 left on Brannon McCoin's 3 yard run. The big play in the drive was a 38 yard pass on 3rd and 14 from sophomore McCoin to sophomore Tracy McDonald.

After holding the Panthers on downs on a fourth and 3 from the LA 30 The Wildcats took over with 1:50 left and marched to the Panther 18 before calling their last timeout with 2.7 seconds remaining. Huitt made the kick and the players went wild as the final horn sounded. LA's seniors, Linebacker Gary Massengille, Tackle John Williford, Cornerback Jonathan Sullivan, Defensive Tackle Cody Adkins, and injured Running back Steven Morgan won in their final home game of their careers.

It was Livingston Academy's first win over a 3-A school since winning the state championship game in 2005 over David Lipscomb. The Wildcats are 1-8, 1-5 in Region play while Stone Memorial falls to 1-8, 0-6 in Region play.

Congratulations Wildcats on a much deserved win. The foundation has started being built.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too funny that littledaddy is so worried about YORK that he had to respond to buffalofan. Why not take your congrats and move on?

Was it really a congratulations, lightweight 54? If it was then I was wrong. But, I smell sarcasm and jealousy. Maybe you should an allergy and sinus doctor. They can help you with your sense of smell too!!

BTW, how many more of you scaley creatures are going to come out of the rocks on the mountain up there?

It's too funny that littledaddy is so worried about YORK that he had to respond to buffalofan. Why not take your congrats and move on?

FYI, beefalo is an avid York poster, feather weight!!

I also expect you and the rest of the "pink ladies" to continue on the basketball threads after your season ends. I expect you to make it past cupcake round 1. After we'll tallk basketball. Well, first it'll be how bad the refs were in your round 2 game(loss) and how bad you all played. No way someone is better.(smell that? that's sarcasm.) Then basketball, because this is too much fun.

Now what's really funny is how your first ever post was directed to me on an LA thread.

Welcome to coacht /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> !!