SMYRNA AT WILSON CENTRAL

82cat

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough game to call. I got a chance to see WC against Independence back in an August scrimmage and came away so impressed by their defense. They hit, and hit, and then hit a little bit more, and that scares me if I'm Smyrna. The Bulldogs are kind of a finesse team and smallish on D. That small issue may not hurt them as much in this game because the Wing-T that WC runs is a perimenter offense for the most part. I do think WC will have issues with Rod, but their coaches do a good job of fitting the rush to their coverages and making QB's make mistakes. Nobody loves Sonny more than I do, but he has really been subpar the past couple of weeks. I wonder if his collarbone is bothering him? With that said, I'm going to pick Wilson Central's experienced offense over Smyrna's youthful defense in this game by a score of 23-21, but I have no good read on this one.

I hate that I'm obligated to attend the Riverdale-LaVergne game, because I would certainly attend this one if I could.

No doubt this will be a good close game im going with my boys at DUB-C to win.....lets get home playoff game!

WC-27

SMRYNA-21

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

my view

wc is a good team aand is well coached and run their offense well. Really want to get outside but as I thought Smyrnas defense was able to run with them from side to side.Most of their yards came on pass plays and that is the price you pay when you sell out to stop the wing t. However the last one with 4 minutes to go was inexcusable.

Smyrna had to be patient wc played off the receivers gave them underneath stuff all night and wanted to slow the game down and keep possesions down.

Smyrna had 7 possesions scored on 4 4 tds

wc had 7 possesions scored on 4 3 tds 1 fg

Wilkes had 2 more tds and was very difficult to cover he now has 26 tds over his last 13 games.

I do believe smyrna and wc will play again at smyrna in 2 weeks.

by the way where were the wc fans??

the crowd was pathetic. I came to the lebanon vs wc game and it was standing room only.

Smyrna had more fans there than wc.

The crowd was also very quite even accounting for the small size.

whats the deal?

your crazy...we had 3 times the fans ya'll did....I hadn't blamed the refs all year but they really laid an egg out there tonight. they kept us (the fans) out of the game. we had 4 touchdowns and a 2 pt conversion and ended up with only 23 pts...go figure. wilkes only had one touchdown that should have counted. he pushed off on that 1st one and gave his self 10 yards of separation. AND the last touchdown, I was right there on the goal line and bryson was laying on the 1 yard line for a second before he stretched the ball across the plain. he was clearly down. the ref was right on top of it. how'd he miss that call?? not to mention you guys were holding all night long and i dont think we got one call. you guys beat us but leave your refs at home next time. that was absolutely ridiculous. ....

your crazy...we had 3 times the fans ya'll did....I hadn't blamed the refs all year but they really laid an egg out there tonight. they kept us (the fans) out of the game. we had 4 touchdowns and a 2 pt conversion and ended up with only 23 pts...go figure. wilkes only had one touchdown that should have counted. he pushed off on that 1st one and gave his self 10 yards of separation. AND the last touchdown, I was right there on the goal line and bryson was laying on the 1 yard line for a second before he stretched the ball across the plain. he was clearly down. the ref was right on top of it. how'd he miss that call?? not to mention you guys were holding all night long and i dont think we got one call. you guys beat us but leave your refs at home next time. that was absolutely ridiculous. ....

you know, i was thinking the same thing when wc was on offense. they had so many clips and holding calls that should have been called against them. so i guess your comment would be like the pot calling the kettle black. i personally thought wc was holding all night, but i guess that is just the perspective you watch the game from. it was a great game though. Good luck in the playoffs WC. You guys played great.

"we had 4 touchdowns and a 2 pt conversion and ended up with only 23 pts."

so much for the math scores at wc ---- you had

3 tds one with a missed 2 point conversion - 20 pts

1 fg - 3 pts

total= 23 pts

blaming the refs always sounds ------ classy

your crowd was a joke and if you cant see that then you have on wc blinders. your team deserved more support at

8-1.

Wilkes is a big physical receiver when the balls in the air he is going to go get it. As I said before the game you dont have a db that can cover him man to man and heck he had 2 tds and numerous yards and catches against double coverage. They covered him more like no arm bandits /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Smyrna won because they were the better team and had been in that position many times before needing to be patient and come from behind.

but if you want to whine and believe the refs did it to you go ahead it just takes away from your teams effort.

we will see you at smyrna in a couple weeks and bring what ever refs you want because it wont matter.

by the way reading back through the post and all that talk about jamming rod---- wc never tried it once they played 8 yards off all night and always had help from the safety or the olb dropping. He was double teamed all night as I expected but still had 9 catches for 119 yards and 2 tds. Smyrna stayed patient took the short routes and threw to hagar #8 ( who is one of the most under rated wrs in the region).

home sweet home!!