Lincoln Co. at Coffee Co.

I_dont_get_it

this game means a lot to all the raider nation, chance to be region champs

never thought i'd see it with all that CC been through

extremly proud of coach price and the whole team

seniors you have a chance to be the leaders of the best team from CC

that i know of

listen to your coaches keep,your heads in the game,right now this is the only game that matters

offence hold on to the ball,run with al you got

defence create turnovers,get after the ball

give it you all and i belive you will come out sucessful

my pick CC 28 LC 24

LET'S DO RAIDERS

I'LL BE THERE IN RED

Game means a lot to both teams. But...I think...if both teams show up and play their best games...Coffee County wins. But how often do two teams play their best games on the same night? It should be a good one. You can bet Coach Thompson will have his Troops ready and so will Coach Price.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC 41 LC 31. I'm seeing BIG RED in my eyes.

You're seeing something, for sure....

The most points scored on LC this year was 28, by the #1 team in the state, with 8 of LC's starters suspended. No way CC scores 41 on this defense.

Also, out of the teams CC has scored 41+ on, they are a combined 9-26, and have allowed an average of 5.5 yards on the ground. Out of the stats I have available to me, CC has averaged 5.6 on the ground on the year. LC has only allowed 3.9 per carry. Take Riverdale out of there, and they have only given up 3.3 YPC.

Just for comparison, Riverdale has allowed 3.3 YPC on the year. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Outside of Cookeville, can anyone remember when Coffee County beat a good team? You may have to go back to the 1997 season. That is the last time they beat a decent team from Rutherford County and Lincoln County. There are five similar opponents. Coffee County is average 37.6 ppg, while Lincoln County is averaging 27.6 ppg. Not a big surprise as most would say Coffee County's offense is probably better. What was a little surprising is that Coffee County allowed 15 points per game, while Lincoln County allowed 11.4 points per game. So yes, Lincoln's defense was a little stingier but not quite as much as I would have thought. Honestly, could see this going either way. The game is at home for Coffee County and you know the crowd will be raucous. Stats say take Coffee County. History says take Lincoln County. When it goes like that, it comes down to momentum, which is usually swayed by turnovers. Coffee County has a tendency to turn the ball over early in big games. If they can avoid the initial surge of the game and the first attack, then I like Coffee County's chances. Get in a hole and well they are hosting either Smyrna or Wilson Central. Coffee County 22-16.

Outside of Cookeville, can anyone remember when Coffee County beat a good team? You may have to go back to the 1997 season. That is the last time they beat a decent team from Rutherford County and Lincoln County. There are five similar opponents. Coffee County is average 37.6 ppg, while Lincoln County is averaging 27.6 ppg. Not a big surprise as most would say Coffee County's offense is probably better. What was a little surprising is that Coffee County allowed 15 points per game, while Lincoln County allowed 11.4 points per game. So yes, Lincoln's defense was a little stingier but not quite as much as I would have thought. Honestly, could see this going either way. The game is at home for Coffee County and you know the crowd will be raucous. Stats say take Coffee County. History says take Lincoln County. When it goes like that, it comes down to momentum, which is usually swayed by turnovers. Coffee County has a tendency to turn the ball over early in big games. If they can avoid the initial surge of the game and the first attack, then I like Coffee County's chances. Get in a hole and well they are hosting either Smyrna or Wilson Central. Coffee County 22-16.

well said LC is a soild football team and as stated above history is with them

i think this could be a CC team that is ready for the big game

they know whats on the line as well as LC does

CC first big game this year was with COOKVILLE they showed up and got the W

the next week was TULLAHOMA and everyone knows how big this game is to all involved

they showed up and made it look easy getting the W

the following week was at WC for their homecoming they were 4-0

and WC was being picked to win it was not even close with CC putting the mercy

rule into effect in the thrid quarter CC with three big wins in a row

next was WILSON CENTRAL the old CC team showed up and we got pushed up and down the field

so i think if the CC team shows up with their heads on and ready to play

they can get them anouther big win this year

also being a CC fan i don't want to play smyna untill we have to

defending state champs with a good QB and a great WR

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear from the KING of stats. Go Preds, it's not looking good.

No, the Preds have looked awful. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Luckily, it is an 82-game season. Then again, I don't know if that is a good thing or not. CCRaiderFan, I am not talking about "big" games. Sure Tullahoma is a big game and Warren County at the time were, but I am talking about good teams. The Oaklands, Wilson Central's and Goodpasture's of this year. They always get up for Cookeville for some reason. They need to carry whatever it is against them against Lincoln County this week.

No, the Preds have looked awful. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Luckily, it is an 82-game season. Then again, I don't know if that is a good thing or not. CCRaiderFan, I am not talking about "big" games. Sure Tullahoma is a big game and Warren County at the time were, but I am talking about good teams. The Oaklands, Wilson Central's and Goodpasture's of this year. They always get up for Cookeville for some reason. They need to carry whatever it is against them against Lincoln County this week.

Agree... Check in with me.