A simple math question

lcfootball

Good points made by both of you regarding lack of discipline on the LCHS team. I have heard some of those same stories. I'm not sure the players have respect for the coaches that is needed to have a successful team. Something must be wrong for there to only be 40 players due to kids quitting and they also discontinued all of their JV games. How will the younger players get any better if they don't play?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason they discontinued the JV games was due to injuey's on the varsity. He has some varsity starters playing JV as well. I feel that if HE had a better staff then things might be better. Seems like Lenoir City has gone to the Good Ole Boy coaching system. There are some of the coach's that the kids respect and likewise they respect the kids. A couple of the coach's could care less about the kids and at times cuss them like sailors. I think it is time to make some changes.

OK, good points from all, but how do we get more bodies on the field next year? Like I said before, this season looked promising and still the number of players was real low. No matter if the coaching staff is changed or not, we need more players. Simply put, the more you have to choose from, the bigger chance of finding better players and not wearing the ones you have down so badly. Anyone who has played a sport knows getting a rest every now and then can pay off huge late in a game. Having the same people playing special teams, defense and offense makes the team slow and weak in the 2nd half. I'm not saying that we will find the next all star roaming the hallways, but having a good 2nd string and special team is important too. I know it takes a few years to build up and I'm not looking for an overnite miracle, but a positive step.

OK, good points from all, but how do we get more bodies on the field next year? Like I said before, this season looked promising and still the number of players was real low. No matter if the coaching staff is changed or not, we need more players. Simply put, the more you have to choose from, the bigger chance of finding better players and not wearing the ones you have down so badly. Anyone who has played a sport knows getting a rest every now and then can pay off huge late in a game. Having the same people playing special teams, defense and offense makes the team slow and weak in the 2nd half. I'm not saying that we will find the next all star roaming the hallways, but having a good 2nd string and special team is important too. I know it takes a few years to build up and I'm not looking for an overnite miracle, but a positive step.

One reason there are not more palyers is that the COaches do not endear themselves to the local youth football program. They must realize that these kids are their future and should be helping them any way they can. I know for a fact there is no interaction between the youth football program and the LCHS head coach. You want more players, you need to work from the ground up..

One reason there are not more palyers is that the COaches do not endear themselves to the local youth football program. They must realize that these kids are their future and should be helping them any way they can. I know for a fact there is no interaction between the youth football program and the LCHS head coach. You want more players, you need to work from the ground up..

I know that a few years ago a coach from the youth football program was approached by a high school coach and offered help. The youth football coach didn't want it and very rudely turned down that help. I also know that a local director wanted help on the sidelines from some of the high school players on Sat. during games. Do you think any of the kids stepped up or the high school coach made community involvement a priority? Help the community and maybe the community would help back? Just a thought.