FRANKLIN vs. CENTENNIAL

CHS 2007

Here we go again....

We all know the story, In 11 years of varsity ball, Centennial has never beaten their crosstown rivals. The Cougars are entering at 4-5 (2-4 region) while Franklin enters at 5-3 (4-2).

It has been a good rebuilding year for Centennial. Alot of the younger players have emerged and the future looks bright for the school. This Friday will be all about the upperclassmen however, as it is Senior Night at CHS. And these guys would like nothing more than to pull off a monumental upset on their last game.

After a bit of panic to start the season, the Rebels have hit their stride in recent weeks, with 3 big wins in a row. They knocked off D.C. last week to stay in the playoff hunt, and are looking to lock up a spot this week. The Rebels are led by their running tandem of Keylo Lee and former Cougar Anthony Steele, and a defense that has always been one of the region's best.

Thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i actually play football for chs... and ive been caught up in all this coach t stuff... i just registered for this game only but ive read all the stuff and when people doubt us we highlight it and put it on our bulliten board in the locker room. This season we believe we never really got beat by anyone but we beat our selves. and as a junior starter i can speak it best, there really is no team out there that is just stronger and faster. Alot of teams are bigger but we've been small for a while. We gave ihs a heck of a fight and dchs we could not stop the wish bone but we still put up 27 points. Against bwood and rwood idk what happened we sputtered but against columbia we came back and found another running back in raymond jackson. who is a transfer from franklin. And alot of people call me dumb but im zoned for fhs and came to chs because of other reasons and my football career at chs has been plainly based on the love of the game. i started some games as a sophmore and truely going 1-9 was horrible, alot of people wanted to quit on the team. But the new coaching staff is great, and alot of juniors and sophmores on the team so next year we'll be pretty strong. BUT fhs and chs is a big rivalry to chs, a little stepping stone for fhs. and this year we are going to fight... and if we lose we're going down swinging. im saying we have a huge shot.. so dont leave us out quiet yet

If I'm Coach Mat, I'd definitely show my team some of the posts going around in the playoff threads. Everyone has Franklin locked in the playoffs based on who they're playing. Everyone seems to be calling this a gimme game for FHS. Its stuff like this that can really get a team fired up.

If I'm Coach M I tell my players to stay off of coacht and focus them on the weekly game plan.