McMinn -vs- Bradley

TribeFan

McMinn and Bradley continue the longest and oldest football rivalry game in Tennessee this Thursday night in Cleveland. Bradley is struggling again this year with only 2 wins and McMInn will most likely go 7-3 and not make the playoffs.....two programs with 2 different kinds of emotion to deal with.

If someone is wanting to challenge me on the oldest rivalry thing go ahead because I think I am correct on this one.....McMInn is the oldest high school in east TN which was formed in 1903 with Bradley being formed sometime around 1912....

Enough of the history lesson lets get to the game>>>>This is one of those where you take the record of each team and simply place it in File 13 (garbarge) because this is a bitter rival game for both schools it doesn't matter if it is golf, basketball, baseball or football you want to beat the other and beat them bad.

I say McMinn rolls big in this one and prays that SD can shock the world and beat Ooltewah which would get McMinn in the playoffs>>>>>

McMinn 35

Bradley 10

GO TRIBE!!!!!

... McMInn will most likely go 7-3 and not make the playoffs

Tribefan, I'm afraid you're right about being 7-3 and not making the playoffs. However, I posted a long post on the Ooltewah/Soddy thread that lists a few things about that game. You can read it over there ... I'll not bore this thread. (Plus I'm sure folks over there are tearing it up anyway!).

Bottom line, I don't think it is a cakewalk for Ooltewah.

Good luck to all.

McMInn will most likely go 7-3 and not make the playoffs.

One more thing, Tribefan -- I believe it is 2-A that is experimenting with a modified playoff system. They will take the top 3 teams in their 9 regions and then have 5 at-large teams for the playoffs. (This is my understanding).

Anyway, if that gets adopted for 5-A in the future, and Region 2 5-A stay as powerful and balanced as it has been recently, I look for 5 teams getting into the playoffs. It is a shame that McMinn might not make it (or Ooltewah for that matter) when they play in one of the more evenly distributed and toughest regions in the state.

Matter of point, for the last two years, Region 1 5-A only wins 1 of the 4 first round games against Region 2 5-A. (Sevier Co. for both of them). For 2 years, their #1 team, Kingsport DB, gets bounced out in round 1 against Region 2's #4 team (Ooltewah and WB, respectively).

Good luck!

The score was 40-0

Not as bad as it sounds. We had several freshmen and sophmores starting. The same goes for last week against WB.

Since playoffs were out of reach, why not work on next year.

I know JV games don't count but Bradley's JV team won over McMinn 42-20 and Bradley played the whole bench second half.

Going 7-3 for the year in this region is nothing to be ashamed about. McMinn played hard and they had NO players who had a criminal charge against them representing the school! We are proud here! I would not trade this tribes season for another team that did make the playoff.

However, they did finish in 5th place in the region. Thats the facts. McMinn does NOT want realignment of this region just to get in the playoffs. That kind of thinking is for people who make excuses. McMinn would rather go toe to toe with who they have and EARN the right to go to the playoffs.

McMinn wants no sympathy. They will earn it!

BCrising, you have what you want. You should be happy!

Going 7-3 for the year in this region is nothing to be ashamed about. McMinn played hard and they had NO players who had a criminal charge against them representing the school! We are proud here! I would not trade this tribes season for another team that did make the playoff.

However, they did finish in 5th place in the region. Thats the facts. McMinn does NOT want realignment of this region just to get in the playoffs. That kind of thinking is for people who make excuses. McMinn would rather go toe to toe with who they have and EARN the right to go to the playoffs.

McMinn wants no sympathy. They will earn it!

BCrising, you have what you want. You should be happy!

Amen Keyplayer.....Bradley is always a bunch of sore losers. The fact is that Bradley is awful in football because all of there athletes either play basketball or wrestle. It is still hard to beleive that this matchup was very competitive in the mid '90's and now is a joke.

Tribe fan,

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but i just wanted to say that I was at Cherokee stadium today for The Ooltewah vs Farragut freshman championship game. As usual the people who represented your school were wonderful and the facilities were as clean and nice as always. Thanks to McMinn for providing us with a woderful place to play football. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As I've said many times, I wish you could have been in the playoffs, you deserved it. Good luck to you next season.

GO OWLS

Amen Keyplayer.....Bradley is always a bunch of sore losers. The fact is that Bradley is awful in football because all of there athletes either play basketball or wrestle. It is still hard to beleive that this matchup was very competitive in the mid '90's and now is a joke.

Sore losers? I felt good with the JV score 35-8 at half and every kid including our freshmen getting into the game.

And actually there is about a dozen who play other sports now on that JV team.

And true, Bradley hasn't even moved the wrestling mats to the gym when McMinn visits lately. Takes longer to move them than the match last.

McMinn is aweful in wrestling!!! sound familiar