Macon Co. at DeKalb Co.

Big Country

It's "Senior Night" at DeKalb Co. this Friday and the Tigers are hosting Macon Co. The Macon Co. Tigers are coming off of a HUGE WIN this week against Greenbrier. DeKalb has been competitive in several region games this season against the likes of Greenbrier, Pearl Cohn (for 3 Quarters), & Sycamore. DeKalb also put up a solid showing in the loss to Station Camp as well.

Both of these teams were hammered by White House early as the Blue Devils led Macon 41-6 at halftime & led DeKalb 30-0 at halftime.

DeKalb Co. still has no region wins in 17 REGION GAMES since this current region has been in place. Can they break the skid this week??????

Macon Co.: 21

DeKalb Co.: 6

The Macon Co. offense will do enough to win the game because unlike DeKalb Co. offensively the fact is that Macon's offense can actually MOVE THE FOOTBALL!!!!

Sycamore will again be praying for a Macon Co. win in this one.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon Co. at DeKalb Co., Will DeKalb FINALLY WIN a Region 4-3A Game?????

No. I am of course going with my Macon Co. Tigers. I think we will ride the momentum coming off of the Greenbrier game on into the DeKalb game. Atleast Macon has a very good shot at coming out of this season 3-7 instead of 1-9. Like it would have been if we wouldn't have pulled off the OT Victory against Greenbrier.

Regardless of who does what in the rest of the region, I am pulling for DeKalb because these boys deserve a win. Their team is greatly improved and I'm sure as the season's gone on, the experience has bettered them, just as it has Macon since I saw them get dominated by White House. Macon's out, DeKalb is out so it's not really going to make a playoff difference, and nothing personal against Macon, but for pride's sake, I hope DeKalb gets the win. They definitely are the best team with no region wins that I've ever seen and they set most every team in the region back on their heels.

Good luck to both, but DeKalb, be glad you're playing at home. MC's got Blue eyed zebras. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Regardless of who does what in the rest of the region, I am pulling for DeKalb because these boys deserve just a win. Their team is greatly improved and I'm sure as the season's gone on, the experience has bettered them, just as it has Macon since I saw them get dominated by White House. Macon's out, DeKalb is out so it's not really going to make a playoff difference, and nothing personal against Macon, but for pride's sake, I hope DeKalb gets the win.

If DeKalb doesn't win & White House beats Greenbrier then Sycamore will be playoff bound with a win over Harpeth.

If DeKalb does beat Macon then Greenbrier will be playoff bound no questions needed.

THIS WILL BE GREENBRIER'S BIGGEST TEAM TO ROOT FOR OUTSIDE OF THE FACT THAT THE BOBCATS STILL DO CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY ANYWAY!!!!

If DeKalb doesn't win & White House beats Greenbrier then Sycamore will be playoff bound with a win over Harpeth.

If DeKalb does beat Macon then Greenbrier will be playoff bound no questions needed.

THIS WILL BE GREENBRIER'S BIGGEST TEAM TO ROOT FOR OUTSIDE OF THE FACT THAT THE BOBCATS STILL DO CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY ANYWAY!!!!

I really didn't know that. I thought their game would not really have an effect on anything else, but regardless, I still think Poteete and company gave us a little more interesting game than even Cheatham. I know that's one of your teams and there is no slam intended but it's true. They even surprised Pearl Cohn, I think. Next year they will have some W's but I just hope they get one this year too.

If DeKalb Co. ever had a real shot at winning a region game this would be it.

However, after MC beat Greenbrier in OT, I don't think DeKalb will pull this out. Specially if MC rides the momentum into this game.

Yall shouldnt give up so quickly but as a person from cannon and who played agaisnt this team they are not far from being very good its just they are in an elite region and its tuff to compete but i think they pull it out this week and corey and the other seniors play a heck of a game

I really didn't know that. I thought their game would not really have an effect on anything else, but regardless, I still think Poteete and company gave us a little more interesting game than even Cheatham. I know that's one of your teams and there is no slam intended but it's true. They even surprised Pearl Cohn, I think. Next year they will have some W's but I just hope they get one this year too.

Oh I know that GCat2. I saw the film of the DeKalb Co. at Greenbrier game. Going into the final period of the Pearl Cohn game DeKalb only trailed the Firebirds by 1 score. DeKalb is one of only two teams in the region that have actually held leads against Station Camp at one point in time this season. In the Sycamore game DeKalb Co. only trailed 7-0 for much of the way until a late safety gave the War Eagles a 9-0 lead. I'm here to tell you right now that on defense over the course of the last two years DeKalb Co. has not been as bad as scores indicate. Offensively Poteete is a talented player and Patterson is a player who everyone would know about if he played on a team like a Sycamore or a White House or a Greenbrier. Mistakes just seem to kill DeKalb Co. on offense and they always kill themselves at times in which you think that they are about to do something good. I do not believe Macon Co. will be able to run the football on DeKalb Co. with those two tackles that DC has up front. However I do believe that Macon will win because eventually the DeKalb Co. offense will put the team in a bad situation and Grace will hit someone like Reid or one of those other receivers for a TD or two. That will be the difference in the game.