D-II Playoffs

wavelax1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing too scientific. I think CBHS has shown some weakness this year, and Ensworth is very tough if Jefferson is playing at 100%. If he isn't, I think the Brothers will pull it out.

I don't think that either team should be underestimated. Whether or not Jefferson is playing or not, and if Ensworth can hold Eric Watson or not doesn't matter. who here watches SEC football...anything can happen.

I don't think that either team should be underestimated. Whether or not Jefferson is playing or not, and if Ensworth can hold Eric Watson or not doesn't matter. who here watches SEC football...anything can happen.

Your are right about that "dog", as we saw with the S.C. game this past weekend!!

SHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest TheChosenOne

As someone who has no ties to any of the teams, here is what I can say.

Watson is a good runner when healthy. He is obviously pretty tough to be playing through some of the injuries he has played through.

MUS and CBHS both have STOUT defenses that very well coached. MUS has no offense though as they are talented but very green on that side of the ball. CBHS does have the offense clout to beat anyone provided that they stay healthy. Injuries have probably lead to them not being as statistical as other teams.

Both of these teams have played some of the better inner city schools as well as teams like Olive Branch (MS) and their defenses stood tall. My point here is that there is not going to be a player or team left to play that is going to have a talent level or level of play that they have not already experienced.

ill ask you this. how many Eric Watsons has ensworth stopped this year? if he is 100%, look for it to be a little tougher to stop the Brothers on the ground...oh and CBHS has a quarterback that has the ability to throw the ball to athletic receivers where he wants and not just flail it around the field, not to mention he can flat out haul.

weaknesses? would you mind elaborating.

im only curious, not trying to pick a fight. i enjoy hearing other's perspectives on the Brothers.

I haven't seen CBHS play this year, so I am not too qualified to pass judgment on them. Just speculating and starting a discussion. I do think Ensworth has some talented players, and Jefferson is a likely future Mr. Football. Bowers has shown his ability to "coach 'em up" in the playoffs (much to my bitter disappointment a few times!)

As always, it's going to be very tough for any team to win this division.