David Lipscomb at Montgomery Central

Big Country

This week the David Lipscomb Mustangs roll into Clarksville to play the Montgomery Central Indians. This will be the Mustangs final Region 5-3A tune-up before the playoffs begin. I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT KEEP THIS THREAD SERIOUS FOLKS!!!!

DL has won region games this year by the following scores:

Page (38-0)

Cheatham Co. (42-0)

Spring Hill (35-0)

Creek Wood (35-0)

Giles Co. (35-3)

Marshall Co. (49-13)

Montgomery Central (??????????????????????)

I will say that if David Lipscomb gets up by 4-5TDs in this one Coach Mac & Co. will not be too long in emptying the bench and playing a lot of youngsters in this one to help get the team rested before the postseason kicks off.

David Lipscomb: 52

Montgomery Central: 6

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one will probably get ugly, rather not guess at the final score. But I bet at halftime our part of the way through the 3rd quarter, depending on the score at the time, the starters will come off and everyone on DL's bench will get some playing time.

DL will roll in this one big probably. Possibly bringing out the mercy rule.

This one will probably get ugly, rather not guess at the final score. But I bet at halftime our part of the way through the 3rd quarter, depending on the score at the time, the starters will come off and everyone on DL's bench will get some playing time.

DL will roll in this one big probably. Possibly bringing out the mercy rule.

Can MC just forfit??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This week the David Lipscomb Mustangs roll into Clarksville to play the Montgomery Central Indians. This will be the Mustangs final Region 5-3A tune-up before the playoffs begin. I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT KEEP THIS THREAD SERIOUS FOLKS!!!!

DL has won region games this year by the following scores:

Page (38-0)

Cheatham Co. (42-0)

Spring Hill (35-0)

Creek Wood (35-0)

Giles Co. (35-3)

Marshall Co. (49-13)

Montgomery Central (??????????????????????)

I will say that if David Lipscomb gets up by 4-5TDs in this one Coach Mac & Co. will not be too long in emptying the bench and playing a lot of youngsters in this one to help get the team rested before the postseason kicks off.

David Lipscomb: 52

Montgomery Central: 6

I seriously doubt that Lipscomb will tack on 50 points. The only team that Lipscomb has scored 50 or more points in the last couple of years was against Marshall County both in 2005 and 2006 and that was due to the fact that MC could score quickly. (Not the case during the 2007 game as MC had NO answers) Look for the Mustangs to come out and work on the passing game early. Don't be surprised if the Mustangs start to clear the bench prior to halftime.

i don't know why yall even started this post.

Because Region 5-3A teams from top-to-bottom deserve to be talked about as long as all 8 teams are still playing. After this week you'd better believe I'll be talking about the four teams that make the playoffs from our region as well. I'll cheer for every Region 5-3A team as well against those 6-3A teams.

If I were Montgomery Central in this one I may try to improvise as much as possible and not run one "normal" type of offensive formation. I'd try everything in the world at home on "Senior Night" to let the guys have a little bit of fun. If you try to come out in the Stack-I or the Wishbone against the David Lipscomb defense then you are going to find scoring to be VERY DIFFICULT!!!

David Lipscomb has outscored region opponents this year 234-16 through six games /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL TOTAL DOMINATION!!!!

Because Region 5-3A teams from top-to-bottom deserve to be talked about as long as all 8 teams are still playing. After this week you'd better believe I'll be talking about the four teams that make the playoffs from our region as well. I'll cheer for every Region 5-3A team as well against those 6-3A teams.

If I were Montgomery Central in this one I may try to improvise as much as possible and not run one "normal" type of offensive formation. I'd try everything in the world at home on "Senior Night" to let the guys have a little bit of fun. If you try to come out in the Stack-I or the Wishbone against the David Lipscomb defense then you are going to find scoring to be VERY DIFFICULT!!!

David Lipscomb has outscored region opponents this year 234-16 through six games /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL TOTAL DOMINATION!!!!

Nice Stat /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> They are definitely one of the best teams in the state, and Id say this team is a little better then both the 05 and 06 teams!!!!!! I am pulling for Region 5-3a in the post season as well!!!!

Look for the Indians to steamroll over the DL squad....this is a mismatch....Coach Mac to lose his job over this debacle....ooooopss...MC's waiver request to play 22 players at a time was denied by Ronnie Carter this afternoon.....scratch that previous forecast....DL plays 1st team..maybe a qtr..anybody with a bruise doesn't get in the game....prepare for smackdown of region 6-3a.

One other thing and this is on a serious note...I want to congratulate the Montgomery Central players for toughing out a very difficult year. You guys hung tough and life isn't measured in wins and losses down the road.

Who is Lipscomb playing in the first round of the playoffs?