Waverly @ Camden

rcombs

Waverly has been very competitive in the past. I don't want to disrespect the thread or either team, but all the talk of history got me curious so I went back and looked at LC series with Waverly. As it stands right now it's 17-9-2 LC. However, up until LC won the last 11 games played Waverly held the advantage. Waverly had won 5 in a row before LC run of 11.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to the Tigers football program in the past 10 years. I know you guys have talent over there. Watched your Jr. High program play Camden this year, Future don't look to promising. Now there is talk Waverly may go 3a in 2009. I know you have had a lot of injuries this year. But still there is a problem with the program in Waverly. Sure would like to see the old Waverly come back.

Well first of all, Coach Graves took over 3 years ago and put up a respectable 5-5 season. Then last year went 7-3 with a play off appearance. probably would have been close to playoff this year had not had so many injuries. First 5 games had 13 guys down. Still playing with several hurt. I look for Waverly to be very competitive next year with most of the team returning with experience. Only lose 7 seniors and not all of those played and some where hurt.

Coach Graves has instilled a pride in this team that no one ever has. Usually when things are going bad like what happened this year, a lot of kids will quit. This year, none. He not only teaches football, but he teaches about the game of life. I for one am very proud of our coach and the direction we are going. It's getting there. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sure would like to see the old Waverly come back.

SURE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE OLD CAMDEN COME BACK. TEAMS FROM THE 90'S

Sure you would then it would be like Waverly vs Houston Co. last week and you'd lose again but not by as many points. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well first of all, Coach Graves took over 3 years ago and put up a respectable 5-5 season. Then last year went 7-3 with a play off appearance. probably would have been close to playoff this year had not had so many injuries. First 5 games had 13 guys down. Still playing with several hurt. I look for Waverly to be very competitive next year with most of the team returning with experience. Only lose 7 seniors and not all of those played and some where hurt.

Coach Graves has instilled a pride in this team that no one ever has. Usually when things are going bad like what happened this year, a lot of kids will quit. This year, none. He not only teaches football, but he teaches about the game of life. I for one am very proud of our coach and the direction we are going. It's getting there. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks for posting Papa Tiger, I was just curious. As a former Camden player Waverly was a big rivalry game one you looked foward to. Don't know if the teams today feel the same on either side. It's been awhile since both teams have played while having great teams in the same season. But as was pointed out in the all time series it's been pretty even over the years. Both teams have sent players to Divison 1 Schools in the past but its been a long time since either team has. Good Luck Friday Night and hopefully this Rivalry gets has intense as it was in the past.

I BELIEVE WHEN COACH HAMPTON WAS COACHING THEIR WAS PRIDE IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM

Sure you would then it would be like Waverly vs Houston Co. last week and you'd lose again but not by as many points. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Last week's game outcome with HC was simply because of a very, very, very, very, very poor effort on the Tigers part. If they had played half of the way they did against Huntingdon, they would have beat HC by 30. But they didn't, so don't rub salt in the wounds.

I BELIEVE WHEN COACH HAMPTON WAS COACHING THEIR WAS PRIDE IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM

To some extent yes, but I don't believe that he was as much a players coach as Graves is. Hampton was good at some things but stayed too long in the program as the game passed him by. I went to school when Hampton was coach and sometimes you loved him dearly and sometimes not. I can't say that I've felt this way with GRaves. He genuinely cares as much about the kids as he does winning and losing. And to me, that is what's really important.

Thanks for posting Papa Tiger, I was just curious. As a former Camden player Waverly was a big rivalry game one you looked foward to. Don't know if the teams today feel the same on either side. It's been awhile since both teams have played while having great teams in the same season. But as was pointed out in the all time series it's been pretty even over the years. Both teams have sent players to Divison 1 Schools in the past but its been a long time since either team has. Good Luck Friday Night and hopefully this Rivalry gets has intense as it was in the past.

Don't see this being a competitive game but who knows when the rivalry kicks in. But Waverly's lack of running game with Anderson out, will really hurt. Hope for an injury free game.